Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

The Only Time I hate WoW.

I've played from Beta to BFA with multiple breaks of 2-12 Months in along the way. I always come back because i truly enjoy the game. Ive played every major MMO Title that has been released in the same time period, but always return to WoW.

The time before a new Expansion is the worst. Guilds fall apart, people quit logging on and in general its boring as hell. This time is no exception. Other than Raiding a couple days a week its come down to browsing forums and watching Streamers. Passing on any helpful info to my guild mates is my effort to keep them interested. At this point its not even worth gearing alts, as the pre-patch will have some crazy catch up mechanic for Gear as it did before Legion.
    How do you spend your time while you wait?
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I play games, watch movies, read forums, laugh at whiners.... Basically, anything I would do on any ordinary day.

Keys and/or PvP never end. If you do not do either and you do not have any remaining raid goals for NYA there will not be much to do before pre-patch.

The best guilds are the ones that stick together even when they are not as active in WoW because they are based on friendship rather than WoW goals. But it is hard to find a good guild that is a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I've played from Beta to BFA with multiple breaks of 2-12 Months in along the way. I always come back because i truly enjoy the game. Ive played every major MMO Title that has been released in the same time period, but always return to WoW.

The time before a new Expansion is the worst. Guilds fall apart, people quit logging on and in general its boring as hell. This time is no exception. Other than Raiding a couple days a week its come down to browsing forums and watching Streamers. Passing on any helpful info to my guild mates is my effort to keep them interested. At this point its not even worth gearing alts, as the pre-patch will have some crazy catch up mechanic for Gear as it did before Legion.
    Play other games. Play classic. Finish collecting whatever you're missing.
    Take your pick. What I've found most beneficial is play something different so you come back on a new expansion hungering for some wow.

is it really that hard to you know not play wow?

i think BFA screwed the pooch with this one as normally i'd be tempted to check back on the game right about now. but with all the changes coming with SL and i hope the pre patch i have no desire to even look at what BFA has to offer currently.

luckily about a decade ago i found out there where similar games doing similar things so i keep the ones that i like on rotation and switch when i get bored.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

There is a shit ton of amazing games on the market so it's very easy.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Content droughts are collector's heaven

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Same, playing since beta till now, with same 5 months breaks each expansion and i LOVE the start of a new expansion (best part on new xpac)
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I usually focus on collecting mounts, xmogs, doing achievements, and sometimes even pet battling. If I'm in the Beta then I'll split my time appropriately. And of course there are other non-MMO games to play as well, right now I'm playing "Fallen Order" and the LotZ re-make of "Link's Awakening" on the Switch.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I play other games and farm money/Transmogs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    is it really that hard to you know not play wow?
    Hard no. The complete lack of anything good or atleast what i consider good, is more of a factor than anything.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

I dunno. What do you do when you have those 12 month breaks? Seems like you are asking a question you already have an answer for.

If you mean in-game, well, i've had a 12 month break myself and resumed 3 months ago. Been gearing, doing casual raiding and mythic+ with the homies.
    By myself, i have been deciding which toons to focus on in SL and unlocking/collecting transmogs, mostly from Legion.

This likely won't surprise any of the regulars on this forum since I tend to have opinions which clash with the common circlejerk but I fucking love content droughts. I enjoy the absolutely ridiculous shit that becomes possible with scaling and class stacking. I didn't raid this tier but back in WoD I would gear out multiple toons to help my friends' guilds get their CE achievements before the next patch. It's a lot of fun for me and easily my favorite time to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Keys and/or PvP never end. If you do not do either and you do not have any remaining raid goals for NYA there will not be much to do before pre-patch.

The best guilds are the ones that stick together even when they are not as active in WoW because they are based on friendship rather than WoW goals. But it is hard to find a good guild that is a match.
    Exactly this. Playing the game for just the game gets pretty boring. Guilds are what make it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Other games.
    Chicken chicken winner dinner answer!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This likely won't surprise any of the regulars on this forum since I tend to have opinions which clash with the common circlejerk but I fucking love content droughts. I enjoy the absolutely ridiculous shit that becomes possible with scaling and class stacking. I didn't raid this tier but back in WoD I would gear out multiple toons to help my friends' guilds get their CE achievements before the next patch. It's a lot of fun for me and easily my favorite time to play the game.
    Mine too!
    I love feeling OP, I’ll go into a M+7 and help a ramdom pug out whilst maybe testing diffrent corruptions. I’ll gear my alt tank. I’ll never do a HV again just buy the catch-up orb. I’ll go heal a BG. I’ll go get a missing title or mount. No more chansning last bis stress, just doing fun stuff, for fun.

that's the thing with cannibalizing its own content in patches.
    BFA has a ton of content. It has 5 raids for god's sake. And 12 dungeons. Very few expansions had more. On top of that you have islands, visions, warfronts and an absolute clusterfuck ton of dailies (wq's, assaults, warfront quests etc)
    But majority of this content is dead.
    You want to do Uldir heroic? Haha nice one, bosses die in 15 seconds and drop ilvl 370 gear. A hundred less than what you have equipped.
    If not for Legion's mythic+ system dungeons would be dead after 8.1 too.

Only a small fraction of BFA content is relevant in patch 8.3. So we are bored because the relevant content is rather sparse. And it's supposed to last a long time, almost a full year from what it seems. I was bored with 8.3 circa May-June, now i'm lazily logging in to do that weekly +15 but even that is stretching my patience.

Thats funny OP. Because i don't even have that same experience, i actually see a new returning player in a huge exodus on a daily basis. And with the recent Quarterly Call that engagement for the game is the highests since like Cata. Thats just like you're opinion. But you don't speak for everyone.