Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I always quit the game during the last 4-6 months of an expansion. I mean by that point I already have full heroic raid on farm (don't really care about pushing mythic), have all the transmogs I wanted, am wrecking noobs in pvp, and I find myself basically just raid logging, and I don't consider raid logging to be a serious reason to keep paying a sub, so I just quit and then come back during the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I've played from Beta to BFA with multiple breaks of 2-12 Months in along the way. I always come back because i truly enjoy the game. Ive played every major MMO Title that has been released in the same time period, but always return to WoW.

The time before a new Expansion is the worst. Guilds fall apart, people quit logging on and in general its boring as hell. This time is no exception. Other than Raiding a couple days a week its come down to browsing forums and watching Streamers. Passing on any helpful info to my guild mates is my effort to keep them interested. At this point its not even worth gearing alts, as the pre-patch will have some crazy catch up mechanic for Gear as it did before Legion.
    How do you spend your time while you wait?
    I've not raided at all during BFA or legion, so can't really relate to "Contant draught" as that is not a thing for M+ only players.

Imo the last patch is the best out of everything, Because it's usally the longest and you can really build up your character to be powerful without a new raid coming out ruining all your progress short after.

Just on the top of my head a few things to do in WoW

Level all allied race Heritage armor to 110

Transmogg farm (Tomb and Antorus have really nice sets)

level to 120 and Gear up several different classes and specs to 460 ilvl at least.

Do BFA dungeons for mount. I usally live in underrot because i love that mount and i really want it.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-08-08 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually always prefer the final content patch. Ever since Wrath.

Oh. Minus dragon soul. Loved firelands.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2020-08-08 at 03:06 PM.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Content droughts are collector's heaven
    This. I wish it would last 2 years. Can not catch up with BFA insane RNG bullshit...Some of the BFA mounts added this exp makes world bosses in MOP seem sane.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Well, you could use the opportunity to focus on the other things that matter in life except computer games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Keys and/or PvP never end. If you do not do either and you do not have any remaining raid goals for NYA there will not be much to do before pre-patch.

The best guilds are the ones that stick together even when they are not as active in WoW because they are based on friendship rather than WoW goals. But it is hard to find a good guild that is a match.
    Where are the 200.000 dollars Lebowski?

It's the best part of an expansion because you're finat able to be done and compete for ranks etc on an even playing field. You can play alts without it hurting your progress on your main.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Thats funny OP. Because i don't even have that same experience, i actually see a new returning player in a huge exodus on a daily basis. And with the recent Quarterly Call that engagement for the game is the highests since like Cata. Thats just like you're opinion. But you don't speak for everyone.
    I kinda think you missed the point of the post. I dont hate the game, quite the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Well, you could use the opportunity to focus on the other things that matter in life except computer games.
    Family Check
    Career Check
    Friends Check
    Nice Home Check
    Nice Cars Check

Am I missing something?
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

i really don't remember what did i do in tbc but after achievements system introduction in wotlk, i pretty much farmed very hard achievs when i was bored. in mop i used to sell challenge mode boost and later on SoO HC boost. after wod i didn't play that much due to RL matters. i got back after 5-6 years and started raiding this week.

I feel the same, and I`m thinking about another game

Pre-expansion lull is usually when RP shines from my experience. Not for everyone, but I've had a good time during the drought the last few expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only time I hate WoW is when I get 100 to zero'd by someone without being able to do anything while out farming (Classic) and raid fights that screw over your spec to the point you can't really do anything (Nya'lotha). That's when I just alt-F4 and play something else where I can actually play and not be handicapped by the Devs.

Smoke a shitload of weed as I always do, and gardening in the summer. Other games in the winter plus weed lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Family Check
    Career Check
    Friends Check
    Nice Home Check
    Nice Cars Check

Am I missing something?
    Fulfillment.

And a c8.

Time for a trade-in.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Fulfillment.

And a c8.

Time for a trade-in.
    Not a fan of the C8. Its to far from the Heritage of Corvette.
    I will just keep my Grand Sport.

I do wanna see what the Grand Sport/Z06 looks like on the C8.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

We would raid log during content droughts for the most part. There'd be some extra play we'd do with guildies but for the most part we'd just raid log and then go do other things. It would really suck to have to dedicate the entirety of your free time to one single game and never get to experience any others or watch any good shows or do anything else.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I kinda think you missed the point of the post. I dont hate the game, quite the opposite.
    Then why does the title say you hate the game?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Then why does the title say you hate the game?
    maybe because the operative word is "only?" Which implies that every other time he doesn't hate wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    maybe because the operative word is "only?" Which implies that every other time he doesn't hate wow?
    Which suggests there is a time that they hate wow, meaning that at times, they do hate it. They even mention content drought being that time, which we are in right now. So yeah, right now, they are saying they hate the game.

FYI:

The time before a new Expansion is the worst....This time is no exception.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-08-14 at 06:14 PM.

Not a fan of the C8. Its to far from the Heritage of Corvette.
    I know this is off-topic as fuck but the idea of a mid-engine Corvette goes all the back to its very beginnings so it's an odd argument to say that it's "too far from the heritage of Corvette."