Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I've seen quite a bit of criticism on the difficulty. Is it really that mindless and easy? Would be very disappointed if so.
    Its the usual combat, the enemies have light and heavy attacks. Light attacks can be countered with some timing, heavy attacks have to be dodged. There are usually 4+ enemies with some elites mixed in. Bosses have telegraphed abilities that you have to evade.
    At least in the lower levels (i haven't played very far) only ms marvel can heal although there are usually some heal canisters in the levels and i think dead enemies drop heal orbs now and then.
    So it's not hard but i died a few times, i'd say it's much like assasins creed origins or odyssee.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Its the usual combat, the enemies have light and heavy attacks. Light attacks can be countered with some timing, heavy attacks have to be dodged. There are usually 4+ enemies with some elites mixed in. Bosses have telegraphed abilities that you have to evade.
    At least in the lower levels (i haven't played very far) only ms marvel can heal although there are usually some heal canisters in the levels and i think dead enemies drop heal orbs now and then.
    So it's not hard but i died a few times, i'd say it's much like assasins creed origins or odyssee.
    At least it's somewhat involved then. How's the coop angle? You mentioned Ms Marvel can heal but I'd also assume that means certain heroes (Like for example, Hulk I'd imagine) can tank or focus on DPS?

At least it's somewhat involved then. How's the coop angle? You mentioned Ms Marvel can heal but I'd also assume that means certain heroes (Like for example, Hulk I'd imagine) can tank or focus on DPS?
    Hulks Q heals him from attacking as long as its held as well as his 1
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Looks like the next dev "War Table" (where they share updates/info on the game) will be September 1st at 10AM PDT. It will include the reveal of a post-launch playable hero, among other things.

15+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay seems so weird when the characters don't look or sound like what I have gotten used to.

What's the deal behind that? Not enough budget to have the real voice actors and their looks copied?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    What's the deal behind that? Not enough budget to have the real voice actors and their looks copied?
    RDJ would have asked like 100 million dollars just to have his face mocked-up and 20 lines of voice-acting so yeah, clearly out of the question I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    RDJ would have asked like 100 million dollars just to have his face mocked-up and 20 lines of voice-acting so yeah, clearly out of the question I guess
    Budget is likely a key factor, but many of the original MCU avengers are clearly moving on from their roles. Additionally, this story isn't linked to the MCU story line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    no need to be dramatic, there are plenty of Avengers not in the game.

Where is Antman? Black Panther? Doctor Strange? Scarlett Witch? Cap Marvel? Guardians of the Galaxy characters?

If this game had the full cast bar spider-man I could see your point. But it doesnt. Its a lazy cash grab instead

#notmyavengers
    Cause clearly they are adding them later on. most people know this, if they tried to do "Oh uhhh Captain Marvel is Xbox only now sowwy."

They'd get yelled at to. No excuse for this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is literally no evidence it has anything to do with square though?
    It's a joke, power-down weapons and lower shields.

New post from Square: Everything You Need to Know About Day One

By now you know what to expect from Marvel’s Avengers on day one:

A Full-length campaign featuring an original Avengers narrative
    6 Heroes, each with 50+ skills to upgrade + gear/outfits to unlock
    80+ War Zones/Drop Zones to play with friends or your AI Avengers
    Regularly updated Priority HARM Challenges & Priority Missions
    Later game mission types like Hives and Villain Sectors
    50+ enemy types to master
    And in the future, new playable Avengers like Hawkeye, as well as new story content and regions – all at no additional cost

In addition to all of the above, we wanted to arm you with other important info that ensures you’re ready to go on September 4. This week we’re dropping daily blog posts that outline Everything You Need to Know about Marvel’s Avengers. Today, we are starting with details on Square Enix Membership requirements, the Day One Patch, and more! Let’s go!

<snip>

10+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay seems so weird when the characters don't look or sound like what I have gotten used to.

Maybe you forgot the characters exist in various forms outside of the MCU. It is hard to separate them but the game never tried to replicate the movies.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan79 View Post

And in the future, new playable Avengers like Hawkeye, as well as new story content and regions – all at no additional cost

In addition to all of the above, we wanted to arm you with other important info that ensures you’re ready to go on September 4. This week we’re dropping daily blog posts that outline Everything You Need to Know about Marvel’s Avengers. Today, we are starting with details on Square Enix Membership requirements, the Day One Patch, and more! Let’s go!

<snip>
    I don't believe it. I bet we get one avenger for free and the rest are paid for.

Getting the likes of RDJ, Scarlett and Chris Evans to do voice acting plus the rights to their likeness would probably have doubled the game's budget overnight if not more.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Getting the likes of RDJ, Scarlett and Chris Evans to do voice acting plus the rights to their likeness would probably have doubled the game's budget overnight if not more.
    Two other things to consider:

The three you mentioned are all no longer active in the movies (barring the Widow prequel)... even the MCU story is moving on from them. And the actors are moving on from the roles.

The game's story is not taking place in the MCU universe.

Coupling those things together, it really wouldn't make much sense to use the MCU actors.

I can see why it could be jarring for some, but it feels like the right approach for the long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan79 View Post

<snip>
    Here it comes. This game is going to be judged by hypothetical monetization practices that aren't in the game.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Here it comes. This game is going to be judged by hypothetical monetization practices that aren't in the game.
    Yup, already happened a few posts ago

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    no need to be dramatic, there are plenty of Avengers not in the game.

Where is Antman? Black Panther? Doctor Strange? Scarlett Witch? Cap Marvel? Guardians of the Galaxy characters?

If this game had the full cast bar spider-man I could see your point. But it doesnt. Its a lazy cash grab instead

#notmyavengers
    Almost all of those aside from GotG characters will be in the game.

I really enjoyed the beta, surprisingly. I thought it was going to be some trash beat em up trying to make a killing off the coat tails of the movies. But it does play pretty well. The camera is a bit wonky at times. There was some stuttering in elevators and on menu screens but not during fights. Some of the combat sounds are a bit lacking, like Widows hits sound like smacking two wooden batons together. But the animations are well done, Widows combat is very cinematic and a lot of fun (I really thought she would be the boring hero too!) I like that there's online play and solo and it looked like you could even play the story online as well, which sounds cool to me even if I solo it. I like that there's always going to be more added, as long as the cost of extra content is reasonable and the base game is robust enough to warrant the cost (which to me it is from what i've seen.)

I didn't care for the way iron man controlled in the air and I didn't feel like Hulk Buster was substantial enough, but maybe it's just one of those characters that's not for me. I loved Widow and the Hulk but again surprisingly Widow was my favorite. She just zips from target to target which sets them up for a stun and finisher, which if that kills them sets you up to aim for your next target to zip to. And there's a whole progression system, that I've only seen what the beta's shown, which seemed okay. Most of them where just aerial combos but some of them were pretty cool. Like Hulk picking up a two handed chunk of the ground and hurling it. And getting to pick up two baddies to use as flails. Turning Widows dual hand guns into a slower shooting hard hitting pistol shot or dual smg's. I'm hoping gear is more fleshed out in the live game, it was a bit bland in the beta. But it's cool that when you do solo content it uses your heroes that you've played. So you can level and gear them all up and it makes your solo game easier. Instead of just using a load out or generic base character.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-08-26 at 09:10 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Modern gamers prefer to rate products based on cost/benefit analysis, hypothetical marketing practices and how efficiently they measure out dopamine rewards rather than how much fun they are to play.

I don't think there is a trinity, every hero seems self-sufficient.
    Every hero has 3 active ablitlites that fill up slowly during combat. Ms. Marvel has her PBAoE Heal for example, hulk has a handclap that damages everything in front of him and a charge, black widow can turn invisible for a short time and has an electric thingy that stuns everyone around her and so on. But these don't recharge that quickly that Ms Marvel could be a main healer or anything. Everyone fights, no one quits.

I don't know how builds change that later, i just played a few mission to see how it plays, i didn't want to grind levels or loot in beta.