Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That’s unclear, the link clearly says the currency can « only » be bought with real money. I didn’t dig much about this game so I don’t know which is true.
    It clearly states that you'll earn back the 1000 credits you spent on the challenge card. What is not clear is if you earn credits from the 6 challenge cards you get with the game that you can thus buy them for the other characters. So, at the very least, you pay $10 for the first challenge card and can use the credits earned from it to buy the next. Rinse, repeat.
    #TeamTinkers

  2. #262
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,843
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    It clearly states that you'll earn back the 1000 credits you spent on the challenge card. What is not clear is if you earn credits from the 6 challenge cards you get with the game that you can thus buy them for the other characters. So, at the very least, you pay $10 for the first challenge card and can use the credits earned from it to buy the next. Rinse, repeat.
    In the beta you could 'buy' credits from the pass thing returning more credits than it cost to unlock the node or unlock them naturally, either way you got credits. Wonder if that's what they meant.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That’s unclear, the link clearly says the currency can « only » be bought with real money. I didn’t dig much about this game so I don’t know which is true.
    It also says that completing a card will get you enough credits to buy the next.

  4. #264
    So really you need to slap another $10 on the price tag and be prepared to grind out those battle passes for the ones you do want. Sounds 'fun'!
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    So really you need to slap another $10 on the price tag and be prepared to grind out those battle passes for the ones you do want. Sounds 'fun'!
    Not according to the info we have so far. The 6 starter characters come with their Challenge Cards unlocked. Completing one will give you enough credits to buy another, so as long as you keep filling out one of your cards before starting the next you will never have to drop real money on the game for the challenge cards.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Wow. You mean this is just a scam to use the avengers brand to lock ondisc content behind half a grand in microtransactions along with pay to skip -always a sign the devs dont value your time or have confidence in the experience- almost like exactly what it fucking looked like it was going to be from day one? Say it aint so!

    The sad part is this full price retail game is so late in the churn you will see a tidal wave of bottom feeding watercooler gamer cattle once again defend this shit and pay for it because they have been conditioned to do so so many times over this console gen its the norm for them now. Its absurd and anyone falling for this shit in 2020 is an idiot. I've seen enough "b-but its just X" attempts to rationalise this shit over the last decade and its always the same shit different day. People put more money in than the box cost, game turns out mediocre at best and they drop it after spending more money than the game was ever worth.

    But we know why this got greenlit after all: people are fucking morons and never fucking learn.

    So shock of shocks it is a bloody moneyfarm using the Avengers brand. Because no shit it is.
    <game> releases, gamer neckbeards angrily rise up, more news at 11.

    I mean, man, try not being so angry and passionate about video games, you'll live longer.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    <game> releases, gamer neckbeards angrily rise up, more news at 11.

    I mean, man, try not being so angry and passionate about video games, you'll live longer.
    pointing out bad economics doesnt make ones blood pressure rise unless you are imaging a south park cartoon image of the poster.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    pointing out bad economics doesnt make ones blood pressure rise unless you are imaging a south park cartoon image of the poster.
    Just reading his... spirited... post made my blood pressure rise, I wouldn't want to be the throbbing vein in that guy's forehead, that's for sure.

    Of course he could just be a massive phony internet warrior, which is, while I also believe being the case, just pathetic.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Just reading his... spirited... post made my blood pressure rise, I wouldn't want to be the throbbing vein in that guy's forehead, that's for sure.

    Of course he could just be a massive phony internet warrior, which is, while I also believe being the case, just pathetic.
    As opposed to calling said internet warrior pathetic is what? Noble?

    Pot n kettle n all that
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    As opposed to calling said internet warrior pathetic is what? Noble?

    Pot n kettle n all that
    Oh yeah the "pot n kettle" response, the argument of the simpleton. Good luck with that.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Not according to the info we have so far. The 6 starter characters come with their Challenge Cards unlocked. Completing one will give you enough credits to buy another, so as long as you keep filling out one of your cards before starting the next you will never have to drop real money on the game for the challenge cards.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omtWHZHIB-0

    This video shows the challenge cards from the beta. Based on that it looks like you can earn enough credits to buy the challenge cards for other heroes. So, this game can be mostly F2P if you want it to, depending on what you want to spend your credits on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Level 3 - 100 credits
    Level 11 - 200 credits
    Level 21 - 200 credits
    Level 25 - 300 credits
    Level 36 - 500 credits
    Total - 1300 credits

    Looks like this is the credit levels for the first 6 characters.
    #TeamTinkers

  12. #272
    So it is confirmed you can earn the credits for the premium cards by playing the game. It will obviously take longer than it would if you just spent the money but I think it's fine to give players that option if they really want it right now.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So it is confirmed you can earn the credits for the premium cards by playing the game. It will obviously take longer than it would if you just spent the money but I think it's fine to give players that option if they really want it right now.
    It seems like a decent balance. If people do not want to pay any money for future hero premium cards (aka battle passes) they don't have to and can still unlock the passes by playing the other heroes. Regardless they get the heroes core gameplay and story regardless of whether they opt for the premium pass.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So it is confirmed you can earn the credits for the premium cards by playing the game. It will obviously take longer than it would if you just spent the money but I think it's fine to give players that option if they really want it right now.
    The thing is that with these kind of boosters and instant gratification techniques, the publishers ALWAYS ask the developers to make the free grind painfully obnoxious. Tthere are examples where only a masochist would grind instead of just buying it right away, like with Shadow of War that added like 30 hours of boring grinding and farming, unless you bought legendary orcs to get the true ending.

    So while it sounds good on paper, in practice the ones who don't want to pay for the stuff generally get shat on just to make them buy the thing instead.

  15. #275
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,061
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    So, this game can be mostly F2P
    If you forget the full priced entry cost, sure...

    People still defending some "not totally P2W" system in a full priced game. 2020 is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  16. #276
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    21,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    The thing is that with these kind of boosters and instant gratification techniques, the publishers ALWAYS ask the developers to make the free grind painfully obnoxious. Tthere are examples where only a masochist would grind instead of just buying it right away, like with Shadow of War that added like 30 hours of boring grinding and farming, unless you bought legendary orcs to get the true ending.

    So while it sounds good on paper, in practice the ones who don't want to pay for the stuff generally get shat on just to make them buy the thing instead.
    Eh, I've seen it work in more games than not. The problem is usually the player who is compelled to use shortcuts.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    If you forget the full priced entry cost, sure...

    People still defending some "not totally P2W" system in a full priced game. 2020 is amazing.
    Didn't you hear. You can grind the currency so the game is f2p! Minus the AAA cost of course
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  18. #278
    The Lightbringer Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,071
    Any one here that know how to get color in cutscenes?

    This is how my game looks, the character or characters in focus are always black & white


  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Any one here that know how to get color in cutscenes?

    This is how my game looks, the character or characters in focus are always black & white

    ]
    You need to unlock the reality infinity stone
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  20. #280
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,620
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Didn't you hear. You can grind the currency so the game is f2p! Minus the AAA cost of course
    Nobody is saying the game is Free to Play. Its just not necessarily Pay 2 win as people have pointed out. Its a bit demanding but not as bad as past examples. If that changes, this thread will light up again.



    This is how my game looks, the character or characters in focus are always black & white
    Must be a specific option you have on cause that didn't seem to be a thing when I played.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •