Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just completed the campaign. The story was enjoyable and I very much enjoyed the game play... particularly as Widow, Hulk, and Captain America. I've been playing on PC (8700K, 2070) and framerate has been stable. I believe I had 2 CTDs.

EDIT: the credits list is loooooooooong

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#7882768f3a8f

Well its below 1000 players on steam already and if trophy and achievement data is anything to judge didn't manage to sell half of what Anthem did.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

I am shocked, who could have imagined this game wouldn't hold up and fail after the initial launch hype...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

This game has literally bricked my bluetooth driver multiple times...

If you are low on batteries and your controller disconnects, your fps drops to 3 and your BT driver commits suicide. Good job Avengers!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#7882768f3a8f

Well its below 1000 players on steam already and if trophy and achievement data is anything to judge didn't manage to sell half of what Anthem did.
    Yeah, game like these rely heavily on matchmaking for people to have fun, I really love Anthem gameplay-wise but it's unbearable trying to find a squad and never finding anything. The game can be perfect, if people are not there, it won't work.

I'm sorry but I can't.

guess it really depends on what platform you play on. i play n ps4 and i usually matchmake within a minute or less.

the campaign was great - multiplayer is fun too, albeit a bit grindy in it's current state. but to be fair, before you reach the grindy part, you've already spend so many hours on this game that it justifies the price.

especially the reddit sub was a lot of complaining about bugs (which, tbf, I hardly experienced and no game breaking ones at all) and currently it's just people complaining they want more characters/roadmap/missions. these are people in the grindy part.

if you come to this game now, you're going to have a great time. a lot of bugs have been fixed and new content should be added soon. again, i'm playing on a ps4, so mileage may vary as the PC numbers show.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

It's a good game but i'm not motivated to grind the multiplayer either.
    It has some annoying UI features, like that you have to get the daily quests from the NPCs what means several minutes of loadingtime before you can start playing and what annoyed me too was that (on PC) the matchmaking never ever put you in a full group, most of the time it was only one other player, max two. I've never been in a 4 player team and i tried quite a lot.
    And that was when it was still popular.

And it was really badly optimized, FPS drops, rare crashes, loooong loading times, all that doen't motivate you to just hop in and play one or two mission in the evening. Maybe they've patched that in the meantime, don't know.

The game itself was ok...but not great. Certainly nothing compared to Insomniac's Spider-Man game. Once I'd finished the main campaign for avengers...returning to the game just started to feel like a chore. With Spider-Man when I finished...I wanted to keep playing.

The thing that bugged me most about the Avengers game is that every character feels interchangeable. Playing Characters like Hulk and Thor should feel drastically different than playing Black Widow or Captain America...but the design of the game makes that impossible. Hulk doesn't feel any more powerful than Captain America.

I never really care about the GAAS features as long as the game is fun, I'm just waiting for the Hawkeye and Hawkeye content to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The game itself was ok...but not great. Certainly nothing compared to Insomniac's Spider-Man game. Once I'd finished the main campaign for avengers...returning to the game just started to feel like a chore. With Spider-Man when I finished...I wanted to keep playing.

The thing that bugged me most about the Avengers game is that every character feels interchangeable. Playing Characters like Hulk and Thor should feel drastically different than playing Black Widow or Captain America...but the design of the game makes that impossible. Hulk doesn't feel any more powerful than Captain America.
    No, it isn't!! it is a Dynasty warriors AKA Avengers for 70 $ Whoever is dumb enough to sink money in this trash! deserve it...Fifa, Maden, Fallout,this is like homer being shocked over and over and over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

The biggest issue for me is the lack of diversity in enemies. You get only two villains task master and abomination for super fights and basically mooks and robots for the bulk of what you fight. I think that did not do them any favors. I still enjoy playing it once or twice a week while I am working slowly on some other heroes. I think over time if they don't shit can it the game will probably be really good as it gets fleshed out but the bug filled launch kind of lost them a lot of initial good will they may have had.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The biggest issue for me is the lack of diversity in enemies. You get only two villains task master and abomination for super fights and basically mooks and robots for the bulk of what you fight.
    Yeah...that's a good point too. It's not like there's a shortage of avengers villains they could use. Even if they wanted to hold back some for later DLC's...they have plenty to choose from

new patch dropped.

more bug fixes and content added - kate bishop soon!

https://avengers.square-enix-games.c...-3-patch-notes
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    new patch dropped.

more bug fixes and content added - kate bishop soon!

https://avengers.square-enix-games.c...-3-patch-notes
    You missed the big thing from the patch REMOTE FACTION TERMINALS. So you don't have to waste time starting the day traveling to both outposts to grab all the damn dailies.

Next-gen upgrade delayed until next year and Kate Bishop update delayed to an unknown date. It's good that they are focusing on fixing the issues and I don't mind the next-gen delay but new content being pushed back does not inspire much confidence.

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status...54312279465991

Square enix share holders call confirms its a flop. Only made 60% of expected sales -about 85% of Anthems sales numbers in the same time- and lead a 63 million dollar loss for the quarter. After they fulfill their Spiderman agreement to Sony i would expect the game to go dark or that "all content updates are free" promise be scrubbed from all their social media as they introduce more microtransactions.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status...54312279465991

Square enix share holders call confirms its a flop. Only made 60% of expected sales -about 85% of Anthems sales numbers in the same time- and lead a 63 million dollar loss for the quarter. After they fulfill their Spiderman agreement to Sony i would expect the game to go dark or that "all content updates are free" promise be scrubbed from all their social media as they introduce more microtransactions.
    Good. Let's hope other developers notice the gaming community collectively said no to this shitty cash grab
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Good. Let's hope other developers notice the gaming community collectively said no to this shitty cash grab
    They won't, they never do. Case in point, MTX laden garbage like Fortnite still exists, and Genshin Impact is another game with the same concept of bilking customers of money for mediocre trash products.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They won't, they never do. Case in point, MTX laden garbage like Fortnite still exists, and Genshin Impact is another game with the same concept of bilking customers of money for mediocre trash products.
    Genshin is a gacha game first and foremost, something those who never played one are quickly learning the hard way.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2020-11-07 at 09:52 PM.