View Poll Results: Do you know about Ashes of Creation? If yes how much you are interested in it?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i'm really looking for it

8 30.77%
  • Yes i'm slightly interested in it

4 15.38%
  • Yes, but that's not mine tipe of game

5 19.23%
  • Yes, I think it's a scam

6 23.08%
  • Never eard of it

3 11.54%

Ashes of Creation

Greetings people of mmo champion.

I am a student of a game design course and im doing a marketing research about Ashes of Creation.
    https://ashesofcreation.com/mmo
    I would like to know from you what your toughts are on this upcoming game or if you dont know it all.

thank you for you time
    Last edited by Murthag; 2020-11-08 at 05:10 PM.

Looks like another pvp focused niche mmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Looks good to me.

I kinda don't like how the abilities feel like lacking oomph, as the game looks very similar to ESO when it comes to combat, and ESO sure as hell lacks oomph.

Quote Originally Posted by Murthag View Post
    I am a student of a game design course and im doing a marketing research about Ashes of Creation.
    I bet you are. Couldn't you just harvest your research data from the main thread? It has posts from 2017 all the way to October of 2020. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...es+of+creation

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I bet you are. Couldn't you just harvest your research data from the main thread? It has posts from 2017 all the way to October of 2020. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...es+of+creation
    Yeah, he seems pretty bad at studying, seeing as he can't even do a search. Not like he has a poll or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Yeah, he seems pretty bad at studying, seeing as he can't even do a search. Not like he has a poll or anything.
    of course i am, i have quitted high school at 15 and now that i have started this course i am 29.

this is mine first research ever

I've heard about it for years. Learned about it on r/MMORPG which I check out every few months, and then from a Lazy Peon video.

From what I've seen, it looks bland. So very, very, very bland. It's utterly forgettable. Oh look, another generic medieval european mmo with a generic artstyle that promises to be this great PvP sandbox with unlimited character building freedom, that will inevitably become an empty server after six months and you will be boxed into running a handful of meta builds or otherwise you won't be competitive or you will be kicked from the group.

Hard pass.

I don't know why people keep falling for the same crap over and over again. "True character customization! A true ever changing world! A sandbox where you can do anything you want! Hundreds of build possibilities!" (IIRC the only game in which that was actually true was GW1)

IDK about it being kickstarter. AFAIK no kickstarter MMO has really turned out well. The current version of Star Citizen you can play is probably the best thing to come out of kickstarter, but it's nowhere near the vision we have been promised, nor will it likely ever reach it. I heard Shroud of the Avatar has a lot of problems, and the Camelot Unchained developers spent 5 years doing pretty much nothing, and then waltzed off with the backer's money to develop a completely different game. Crowfall has been in development for 5 years and has pretty much gone nowhere. It seems like you just can't get a decent, polished MMO out of Kickstarter.

Strange way to do market research.

Looking forward to the game. I actually played it but keep forgetting about it.

We've already got a megathread for Ashes of Creation, please keep discussion there. If you'd like to create threads for school projects etc. please contact the forum mods for approval first.