Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Time to Assemble CGI for the release

- - - Updated - - -

Latest daily update from Square: Everything You Need to Know About Gear and Cosmetics.

Notes from the site:

Hero Challenge Cards allow players to earn Resources, Units, Credits, and Cosmetics for completing in-game challenges – essentially, do cool things to earn cool rewards.

Each Hero Challenge Card has 40 tiers of free and premium rewards. Rewards are earned via Challenge Points by completing daily and weekly challenges. Hero Challenge Card rewards include:

Rare Resource Bundle: Nanotubes, Nanites, Plasma, Catalyst
    Resource Bundle: Fragments & Upgrade Modules
    Upgrade Module Bundles: Upgrade Modules
    Exotic Resource Bundle: Polychoron & Uru
    Units
    Credits
    Hero Nameplates
    Team Nameplates
    Emotes
    Takedowns
    Outfits
    We’ve activated the premium Hero Challenge Card rewards for all 6 starting heroes at launch, so you can earn and enjoy all content across the 40 tiers for free. When we introduce new Hero Challenge Cards for post-launch heroes, the cost to activate the premium rewards will be 1,000 Credits.

We want to reward players for their time, so once you activate the premium rewards of a Hero Challenge Card for 1,000 Credits, you can earn everything on that card, including more Credits! If you complete all challenges on your Hero Challenge Card, not only will you earn back your 1,000 Credit activation cost, all the content you’ll earn has a value of over 12,500 Credits. Remember, these rewards deliver fun in-game cosmetic enhancements and effects, but they do not provide a gameplay advantage.

Hero Challenge Cards do not rotate and won’t be retired, so once you’ve activated premium rewards, there is no time limit or risk in spreading your focus between heroes. That being said, If you‘re in a hurry, you can buy “skips” to get through tiers faster.

My Comments: I am sure there will be much gnashing of teeth and clutching of pearls but the approach seems quite consumer friendly. The fact that the cards don't rotate / have forced obsolescence is great news (should limit the FOMO crowd).

Additionally, it confirms that future heroes come with their unique action sets, story, and villain.
    Last edited by Brautigan79; 2020-08-28 at 04:14 PM.

So the game is going to have a paid battle pass for each hero...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020...o_after_launch

As part of a new blog post on the game's official website, it is stated that the six superheroes arriving in the base game will all have their Hero Challenge Cards unlocked straight away. Starting with Hawkeye, you'll then need to purchase these cards separately for 1,000 Credits. This currency can only be bought with real-world money and $5 will net you 500 Credits. That means a single Hero Challenge Card works out at exactly $10.
    That is gonna be a hard pass for me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

It depends on the level of work involved but as you can earn credits by completing the battle-passes of the starter heroes I don't think a lot of people will complain too hard, and people who don't care about unlocks and shit don't have to worry at all.

Wow. You mean this is just a scam to use the avengers brand to lock ondisc content behind half a grand in microtransactions along with pay to skip -always a sign the devs dont value your time or have confidence in the experience- almost like exactly what it fucking looked like it was going to be from day one? Say it aint so!

The sad part is this full price retail game is so late in the churn you will see a tidal wave of bottom feeding watercooler gamer cattle once again defend this shit and pay for it because they have been conditioned to do so so many times over this console gen its the norm for them now. Its absurd and anyone falling for this shit in 2020 is an idiot. I've seen enough "b-but its just X" attempts to rationalise this shit over the last decade and its always the same shit different day. People put more money in than the box cost, game turns out mediocre at best and they drop it after spending more money than the game was ever worth.

But we know why this got greenlit after all: people are fucking morons and never fucking learn.

So shock of shocks it is a bloody moneyfarm using the Avengers brand. Because no shit it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think anyone not drumming up a none existent Ur-Game in their head to sell themselves on should have seen enough of the same scam, different brand this gen to know this is a soulless hustle riding on "I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW THE HULK! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!! I FUCKING LOVE MARVEL AND DISNEY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-" consooomers who have been voting with their wallet for the last ten years that this should be the norm.

Like anyone looking at this and thinking they aren't locking on disc content behind battlepass minibuys per character are absolutely delusional, even a rat in a maze has the level of pattern recognition to know whats up here.
    As a huge fan of comic books and superheroes, the consoomers have definitely turned me against the medium. I can hardly stand anything avengers anymore.

Anything these Twitter-brand supernerds touch just turns to dogshit instantly. If Disney themselves don't butcher it (starwars), it's the "fans" that make it unbearable (endgame).

But, no need to worry. Once they discover other things to obsess and consoom, they'll completely forget about superheroes and starwars, as they did all the other things they obsessed over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. You mean this is just a scam to use the avengers brand to lock ondisc content behind half a grand in microtransactions along with pay to skip -always a sign the devs dont value your time or have confidence in the experience- almost like exactly what it fucking looked like it was going to be from day one? Say it aint so!

The sad part is this full price retail game is so late in the churn you will see a tidal wave of bottom feeding watercooler gamer cattle once again defend this shit and pay for it because they have been conditioned to do so so many times over this console gen its the norm for them now. Its absurd and anyone falling for this shit in 2020 is an idiot. I've seen enough "b-but its just X" attempts to rationalise this shit over the last decade and its always the same shit different day. People put more money in than the box cost, game turns out mediocre at best and they drop it after spending more money than the game was ever worth.

But we know why this got greenlit after all: people are fucking morons and never fucking learn.

So shock of shocks it is a bloody moneyfarm using the Avengers brand. Because no shit it is.
    You are taking this way too personally.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Just to be a bit more clear, so its only champions released after launch. So right now you get the hero's for free, and only pay for thier battle pass. That's a better system than charging for the character.

It doesn't seem like too big a problem. First, its only cosmetics, second of all it sounds like you can earn the credits to buy them by playing the game so the option to buy them with real money is just that, an option. Plus no time limit so you don't have to worry about FOMO.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2020-08-28 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    It doesn't seem like too big a problem. First, its only cosmetics, second of all it sounds like you can earn the credits to buy them by playing the game so the option to buy them with real money is just that, an option. Plus no time limit so you don't have to worry about FOMO.
    That’s unclear, the link clearly says the currency can « only » be bought with real money. I didn’t dig much about this game so I don’t know which is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Just to be a bit more clear, so its only champions released after launch. So right now you get the hero's for free, and only pay for thier battle pass. That's a better system than charging for the character.
    If its $10 a hero post-launch I'm cool with that.

I can easily say "No I don't want that" and if I do want it its not going to break the bank. My issue with the game is that I don't think it should be $60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That’s unclear, the link clearly says the currency can « only » be bought with real money. I didn’t dig much about this game so I don’t know which is true.
    I'll remain neutral on that until more info comes out. Claims like "x can only be earned with real money" have been made plenty of times only to be false.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    What I really want to know right now is if the game is fun at all? I've only been following it casually so I'm not really sure it'll appeal to me. Hell, I've gotten so used to WoW being all I play that I'm not sure I'll be any good at any other type of game anymore lol. For anyone that's played it in Beta, is the story enjoyable? Is the fighting fun? That's pretty much all I care about.

As for microtransaction and battle passes and what not I couldn't care less. I'll either buy something I want or I won't.
    Fun? Yes, but not $60 fun. I'd pay $30 for it and call it fair enough (assuming theirs some medium amount of content).

PS I've pre-ordered but only because my 6 yr old loved it.

It clearly states that you'll earn back the 1000 credits you spent on the challenge card. What is not clear is if you earn credits from the 6 challenge cards you get with the game that you can thus buy them for the other characters. So, at the very least, you pay $10 for the first challenge card and can use the credits earned from it to buy the next. Rinse, repeat.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    It clearly states that you'll earn back the 1000 credits you spent on the challenge card. What is not clear is if you earn credits from the 6 challenge cards you get with the game that you can thus buy them for the other characters. So, at the very least, you pay $10 for the first challenge card and can use the credits earned from it to buy the next. Rinse, repeat.
    In the beta you could 'buy' credits from the pass thing returning more credits than it cost to unlock the node or unlock them naturally, either way you got credits. Wonder if that's what they meant.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It also says that completing a card will get you enough credits to buy the next.

So really you need to slap another $10 on the price tag and be prepared to grind out those battle passes for the ones you do want. Sounds 'fun'!
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    So really you need to slap another $10 on the price tag and be prepared to grind out those battle passes for the ones you do want. Sounds 'fun'!
    Not according to the info we have so far. The 6 starter characters come with their Challenge Cards unlocked. Completing one will give you enough credits to buy another, so as long as you keep filling out one of your cards before starting the next you will never have to drop real money on the game for the challenge cards.

<game> releases, gamer neckbeards angrily rise up, more news at 11.

I mean, man, try not being so angry and passionate about video games, you'll live longer.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    <game> releases, gamer neckbeards angrily rise up, more news at 11.

I mean, man, try not being so angry and passionate about video games, you'll live longer.
    pointing out bad economics doesnt make ones blood pressure rise unless you are imaging a south park cartoon image of the poster.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    pointing out bad economics doesnt make ones blood pressure rise unless you are imaging a south park cartoon image of the poster.
    Just reading his... spirited... post made my blood pressure rise, I wouldn't want to be the throbbing vein in that guy's forehead, that's for sure.

Of course he could just be a massive phony internet warrior, which is, while I also believe being the case, just pathetic.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.