Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    There is nothing P2W in this game, that would be one thing. After that, no its not like Destiny 2. It would be closer to Warframe style of missions (not the open world part), where you have control/assault/defend/etc. Some are very quick drop in drop out style, while others take longer and have bigger map, where you can find side objective / chests. So yeah, more Warframe in that sense.
    ty! This is exactly the explanations I was looking for might be a fun game to try I guess, these loot piñata games are fun to pass the time
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    For everyone that tried it, do you think it can be compared to Destiny 2? I was considering buying the game since I'm a big Marvel fan, but I keep reading the reviews on steam and they all complain abut being P2W and that you have to do the same missions over and over at end game.. So it's nothing like Destiny where at least we have an open world to explore and do the missions when we find them?
    There is nothing P2W about the game. The only way you spend money is if you want your unlocks faster, your choice, but people unlock them through normal play fast enough.

I think there's some cosmetics exclusive to the store but that's also fine.

Its like if Destiny 2s system was consumer friendly.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

IMO it shares Destiny's annoying trait of giving special abilities too long a cooldown so they go largely unused.

10+ Year Old Account
    game is really fun - finished the main campaign, currently working on the extra mini campaigns. while not as cinematically bombastic as the main campaign, they're still pretty fun and give you a reason to be in a certain place.

yes, it's a gear treadmill, as typical in GaaS games. gear makes no difference till max level. just go for higher power level to get there faster
    multiplayer is optional..for everything. it does however, make certain things a lot more fun and less frustrating (vault heist or the hold 3-points typ missions) ping systeem for bots is needed. this also fixes frustrations where not all characters can open all 'optional' doors. (hacking and smashing)
    each character feels different and they all have their own little niches it does feel weird that the hulk or thor can get outed by a granade launcher, but hey, GOD MODE is not a thing
    depending on what you see as grinding, there is no 1 day unlock of your character card. you get 2 daily challenges and 2 weekly challenges. these are the only thing that give points. so it takes a good couple of weeks to unlock your full character sheet (correct me if im wrong here, i havent found any other way to do it besides buying the tiers) this is all just cosmetic stuff though.
    the D&D element needs tweaking. defense sometimes hardly makes a difference
    stunlocking needs to be fixed
    ranged and elemental damage need to be nerfed/tweaked.

i'm hoping there will be more (albeit shorter) cinametic typ campaign stuff, maybe for introducing a new character or perhaps for a new villain. it also needs to more variety in the mission types, and multiplayer-bosses could use some actual strategy, instead of just bashing away untill it dies. only the end boss of the campaign requires some strategy, and even that is nothing to write home about.

all in all 7/10 - great potential and it is awsome to play with the avengers this way, but it still needs plenty of work.
    Last edited by Mteq; 2020-09-07 at 07:56 AM.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i'm hoping there will be more (albeit shorter) cinametic typ campaign stuff, maybe for introducing a new character or perhaps for a new villain. it also needs to more variety in the mission types, and multiplayer-bosses could use some actual strategy, instead of just bashing away untill it dies. only the end boss of the campaign requires some strategy, and even that is nothing to write home about.

all in all 7/10 - great potential and it is awsome to play with the avengers this way, but it still needs plenty of work.
    Yeah, after a year+ MCU content draught the campaign felt like a breath of fresh air. I was expecting a Division 2-esque story that's basically only exists to get you through all the missions, so imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a full single-player campaign.

As for more campaign/story updates, the launch day War Table already confirmed that this will be the case. Have a look at it if you're interested - it shows short clips of a couple new cinematics and splash images for a bunch of new campaigns.

Having played through the campaign, its a bit mixed, the story as it is, is fairly solid but most of the missions are rather bland and uninspired in terms of level design and objectives because it has to account for the possibility of any given character meaning the levels don't feel particularly specialized to each character, plus even in singleplayer it has multiplayer centric missions like point capture etc, which just aren't interesting playing alone and having to run between each point constantly because the AI doesn't understand staying on the point is the way to go. But the story it self is fairly good and Kamala Khan is certainly an interesting main character.

Now to delve into MP and see if that side of the game manages to keep my interest long enough to really flesh out the characters in terms of playstyle.

I'm determined to 100% the campaign before going deep into the multiplayer. Characters definitely get more fun as you level up and gain more skills, don't forget there are two other trees (though the third isn't available until level 15).

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing it bit by bit and just got to the stage where I can do different stuff on the war table, so I started the Hulk mission, and I don't know if it's just my but in the open forest area I really had trouble seeing enemies. The Hulk was green, there was green smoke coming from the ground, enemy attack had green effects and some enemies where green, so it all made it a really bad experience for me... But I love the Kamala stuff, she seems like a really cool hero I'v never heard of before.

First thought - well I didn't expect to play a Tomb Raider game but here I am running, jumping, swinging, climbing, sneaking and exploring; examining stuff and getting introspective thoughts from a young lady coming to grips with her capabilities. Story is solid, it's yet another "Avengers Disassembled" setting with everyone being grumpy at each other for the same old reasons while Cap is "dead" but throwing Kamala into the mix freshened it up.

Gameplay is a bit messy and I think the RPG features detract from it during the campaign. It's a system that makes your character feel incomplete until you've unlocked stuff and doesn't really fit known power-houses like the Avengers. Also you're flicking between multiple characters who share a lot of similarities and differences so it can get a bit confusing remembering which abilities you have or what tactics you're supposed to use. I get the feeling it could be pretty brilliant and offer some decent variety when you properly learn a few of the characters but that would have detracted from the pacing of the story so I mostly set it to easy and jumped and thrashed my way through the missions.

Add to that little distractions like shopkeepers turning up and characters describing obvious rep/reward systems and it can feel a little jarring sometimes. Overall I think the campaign could have been much better if they'd focused on it more as a single player experience so now it's a matter of how the endgame measures up to see if the sacrifice was worth it.

Been watching a lot of videos and streams of this game. It looks extremely boring and repetitive. I watched a streamer who was really into playing as the Hulk and was going on and on about how amazing it was. After two hours of watching him, I saw nothing more than him running around and punching things over and over again and throwing rocks at shit. Sooooo fucking boring! The campaign actually seems decent, but that alone is not worth the price of admission.

Just completed the campaign. The story was enjoyable and I very much enjoyed the game play... particularly as Widow, Hulk, and Captain America. I've been playing on PC (8700K, 2070) and framerate has been stable. I believe I had 2 CTDs.

EDIT: the credits list is loooooooooong

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#7882768f3a8f

Well its below 1000 players on steam already and if trophy and achievement data is anything to judge didn't manage to sell half of what Anthem did.

I am shocked, who could have imagined this game wouldn't hold up and fail after the initial launch hype...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

This game has literally bricked my bluetooth driver multiple times...

If you are low on batteries and your controller disconnects, your fps drops to 3 and your BT driver commits suicide. Good job Avengers!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#7882768f3a8f

Well its below 1000 players on steam already and if trophy and achievement data is anything to judge didn't manage to sell half of what Anthem did.
    Yeah, game like these rely heavily on matchmaking for people to have fun, I really love Anthem gameplay-wise but it's unbearable trying to find a squad and never finding anything. The game can be perfect, if people are not there, it won't work.

I'm sorry but I can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    guess it really depends on what platform you play on. i play n ps4 and i usually matchmake within a minute or less.

the campaign was great - multiplayer is fun too, albeit a bit grindy in it's current state. but to be fair, before you reach the grindy part, you've already spend so many hours on this game that it justifies the price.

especially the reddit sub was a lot of complaining about bugs (which, tbf, I hardly experienced and no game breaking ones at all) and currently it's just people complaining they want more characters/roadmap/missions. these are people in the grindy part.

if you come to this game now, you're going to have a great time. a lot of bugs have been fixed and new content should be added soon. again, i'm playing on a ps4, so mileage may vary as the PC numbers show.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

It's a good game but i'm not motivated to grind the multiplayer either.
    It has some annoying UI features, like that you have to get the daily quests from the NPCs what means several minutes of loadingtime before you can start playing and what annoyed me too was that (on PC) the matchmaking never ever put you in a full group, most of the time it was only one other player, max two. I've never been in a 4 player team and i tried quite a lot.
    And that was when it was still popular.

And it was really badly optimized, FPS drops, rare crashes, loooong loading times, all that doen't motivate you to just hop in and play one or two mission in the evening. Maybe they've patched that in the meantime, don't know.

The game itself was ok...but not great. Certainly nothing compared to Insomniac's Spider-Man game. Once I'd finished the main campaign for avengers...returning to the game just started to feel like a chore. With Spider-Man when I finished...I wanted to keep playing.

The thing that bugged me most about the Avengers game is that every character feels interchangeable. Playing Characters like Hulk and Thor should feel drastically different than playing Black Widow or Captain America...but the design of the game makes that impossible. Hulk doesn't feel any more powerful than Captain America.

I never really care about the GAAS features as long as the game is fun, I'm just waiting for the Hawkeye and Hawkeye content to continue the story.