Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The game itself was ok...but not great. Certainly nothing compared to Insomniac's Spider-Man game. Once I'd finished the main campaign for avengers...returning to the game just started to feel like a chore. With Spider-Man when I finished...I wanted to keep playing.

The thing that bugged me most about the Avengers game is that every character feels interchangeable. Playing Characters like Hulk and Thor should feel drastically different than playing Black Widow or Captain America...but the design of the game makes that impossible. Hulk doesn't feel any more powerful than Captain America.
    No, it isn't!! it is a Dynasty warriors AKA Avengers for 70 $ Whoever is dumb enough to sink money in this trash! deserve it...Fifa, Maden, Fallout,this is like homer being shocked over and over and over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The game itself was ok...but not great. Certainly nothing compared to Insomniac's Spider-Man game. Once I'd finished the main campaign for avengers...returning to the game just started to feel like a chore. With Spider-Man when I finished...I wanted to keep playing.

The thing that bugged me most about the Avengers game is that every character feels interchangeable. Playing Characters like Hulk and Thor should feel drastically different than playing Black Widow or Captain America...but the design of the game makes that impossible. Hulk doesn't feel any more powerful than Captain America.
    The biggest issue for me is the lack of diversity in enemies. You get only two villains task master and abomination for super fights and basically mooks and robots for the bulk of what you fight. I think that did not do them any favors. I still enjoy playing it once or twice a week while I am working slowly on some other heroes. I think over time if they don't shit can it the game will probably be really good as it gets fleshed out but the bug filled launch kind of lost them a lot of initial good will they may have had.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The biggest issue for me is the lack of diversity in enemies. You get only two villains task master and abomination for super fights and basically mooks and robots for the bulk of what you fight.
    Yeah...that's a good point too. It's not like there's a shortage of avengers villains they could use. Even if they wanted to hold back some for later DLC's...they have plenty to choose from

10+ Year Old Account
    new patch dropped.

more bug fixes and content added - kate bishop soon!

https://avengers.square-enix-games.c...-3-patch-notes
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    new patch dropped.

more bug fixes and content added - kate bishop soon!

https://avengers.square-enix-games.c...-3-patch-notes
    You missed the big thing from the patch REMOTE FACTION TERMINALS. So you don't have to waste time starting the day traveling to both outposts to grab all the damn dailies.

Next-gen upgrade delayed until next year and Kate Bishop update delayed to an unknown date. It's good that they are focusing on fixing the issues and I don't mind the next-gen delay but new content being pushed back does not inspire much confidence.

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status...54312279465991

Square enix share holders call confirms its a flop. Only made 60% of expected sales -about 85% of Anthems sales numbers in the same time- and lead a 63 million dollar loss for the quarter. After they fulfill their Spiderman agreement to Sony i would expect the game to go dark or that "all content updates are free" promise be scrubbed from all their social media as they introduce more microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status...54312279465991

Square enix share holders call confirms its a flop. Only made 60% of expected sales -about 85% of Anthems sales numbers in the same time- and lead a 63 million dollar loss for the quarter. After they fulfill their Spiderman agreement to Sony i would expect the game to go dark or that "all content updates are free" promise be scrubbed from all their social media as they introduce more microtransactions.
    Good. Let's hope other developers notice the gaming community collectively said no to this shitty cash grab

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Good. Let's hope other developers notice the gaming community collectively said no to this shitty cash grab
    They won't, they never do. Case in point, MTX laden garbage like Fortnite still exists, and Genshin Impact is another game with the same concept of bilking customers of money for mediocre trash products.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They won't, they never do. Case in point, MTX laden garbage like Fortnite still exists, and Genshin Impact is another game with the same concept of bilking customers of money for mediocre trash products.
    Genshin is a gacha game first and foremost, something those who never played one are quickly learning the hard way.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2020-11-07 at 09:52 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Genshin is a gacha game first and foremost, something those who never played one are quickly learning the hard way.
    Same idea, it's just a cash grab wrapped in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Fortnite(BR) is free so microtransactions make sense so that context is kinda important to note unlike Marvel avengers where you are already paying for something up front.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I really can't understand who looked at that game and thought "Man, this is a quality product I should spend a minimum of $60 on!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I really can't understand who looked at that game and thought "Man, this is a quality product I should spend a minimum of $60 on!"
    The "i clapped when i saw [BRAND]" consoomers will buy anything if they recognise the logo on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It's an enjoyable game with a decent story that lets me live out a super-hero power fantasy. I know modern "gamers" see themselves as consumers who care mostly about corporate structure and some objective notion of value but there are still some of us who still rate games based on how much fun they are to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's an enjoyable game with a decent story that lets me live out a super-hero power fantasy. I know modern "gamers" see themselves as consumers who care mostly about corporate structure and some objective notion of value but there are still some of us who still rate games based on how much fun they are to play.
    nah you got duped. This game will be in the bargin bin for 1/3rd the cost in 1-3 months
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    nah you got duped. This game will be in the bargin bin for 1/3rd the cost in 1-3 months
    What do you mean I got duped? That isn't my impression of the game based on marketing and reviews, it's my actual experiences based on owning and playing the game personally. I liked playing it, thought the story was pretty good (especially as it's the umpteenth rehash of an "Avengers Disassembled" story) and thoroughly enjoyed smashing/blasting/punching things as superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What do you mean I got duped? That isn't my impression of the game based on marketing and reviews, it's my actual experiences based on owning and playing the game personally. I liked playing it, thought the story was pretty good (especially as it's the umpteenth rehash of an "Avengers Disassembled" story) and thoroughly enjoyed smashing/blasting/punching things as superheroes.
    If you don't hate the same game he hates, you're were duped!
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.