1. #1
    High Overlord Hollycakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    184

    New League this winter! #HeroesHearthCCL

    I didn't see this posted yet. HeroesHearth announced a new league coming this winter. Not much info yet but Grubby will be making another announcement on it come August 18th. Sorry guys but so far it's NA only. Exciting news nonetheless!

    https://twitter.com/HeroesHearthCCL/...27538612891649

    Also, I'd like to add he started doing a Hots bootcamp on Tuesdays and it's been pretty nice seeing how many new players have gotten excited over it and want to start playing. Tons of WC3 players and new players have come in for it and its been refreshing to see a little resurgence in it all. Not trying to be an ad for him here sorry. It's more about the influx of new players just finding the game from it and I wanted to share the good news all around.

    GeeGeeeeeee!

  2. #2
    Never understood why they canceled HGC. It always had decent viewership and a fair amount of player.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Never understood why they canceled HGC. It always had decent viewership and a fair amount of player.
    Wasn't a good enough return of investment for them to continue pouring money into unfortunately. I guess not as many people were buying skins as they'd like to with all the promotion they did.

    If anything though, they should have monetized it like SC2 or DOTA2 with warbundles that directly go towards Esports support. But knowing Blizzard they already F'd up the WoW tournament and took back their promised share of the championship prize pool they offered after the fans reached the milestone goals. Corporate greed.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Wasn't a good enough return of investment for them to continue pouring money into unfortunately. I guess not as many people were buying skins as they'd like to with all the promotion they did.

    If anything though, they should have monetized it like SC2 or DOTA2 with warbundles that directly go towards Esports support. But knowing Blizzard they already F'd up the WoW tournament and took back their promised share of the championship prize pool they offered after the fans reached the milestone goals. Corporate greed.
    Didnt they had something like (individual and community goals)? with crystals in twich and you get a mounts and banner? horrible, but yeah a warbundle was better idea.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Didnt they had something like (individual and community goals)? with crystals in twich and you get a mounts and banner? horrible, but yeah a warbundle was better idea.
    If they did I didn't know or care about it, and it probably wasn't profitable enough for them to offset the costs of running the entire thing.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,459
    Tbh much lately is happening around HOTS, because if i good recall, month ago Blizzard was hiring for developers in HOTS but... Knowing that Bobby still got 10 milion salary, i keep my hype very low.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

    I don't give a fuck, about your opinion.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Tbh much lately is happening around HOTS, because if i good recall, month ago Blizzard was hiring for developers in HOTS but... Knowing that Bobby still got 10 milion salary, i keep my hype very low.
    I believe he can afford two new devs for HotS after he reduced the Reforged team to "aggressively patching" legend.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •