Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Not really - it's subjective. What one persons likes, another doesn't. What one person think it's amateur, another won't.

    There's a difference between opinion and fact. You can think tree's are made from cheese, but you can physically prove that they're not - that's fact. A fan-made video, which I guess you could consider an art-form, is subjective. I could sit here and say "wow, what a nice video about cats" and that would be false, as you can see it's not a video about cats. But me saying "i think it looks amateur" is just me saying that, as you can't necessarily prove what's "amateur" and what's "professional". To some people it would seem professional as their scope in terms of animation, colour grading, editing etc. could be limited, so something beyond their comprehension will seem good. But to people who have a lot of background with video editing, grading etc. (one being me) there's parts that do look amateur to me - which of course, someone who's self-taught and is doing it all by themselves can easily be classed as amateur. Does it all look terrible? Of course not. But there's certainly parts *i think* that do look a bit amateur and quickly done and that also look out-dated - but that's just my opinion.

    I also don't think all opinions are equally valid, but when it comes to say film, videos, music etc. an opinion is an opinion and for the most part that comes down to people's own preference. You can judge it on a technical level i.e. in terms of if there's anything that's actually technically wrong, but apart from that it's just down to person to person.
    Stating that it looks like something it doesn't, a statement that can be objectively disproved, is not subjective. It is simply an incorrect opinion.

    Diablo 2 in-game graphics look just like Diablo 3's. Objectively false, easily disproved by comparing screenshots. What you said.

    Diablo 2 in-game graphics look better than Diablo 3's. Subjective. Not what you said.

    You didn't give a subjective opinion, you said it looked like the machinimas being made in 2008 - this is objectively untrue and can be seen as such by simply doing a side by side view of the videos. You might think it looks as bad as those machinimas, which would be a subjective opinion, but that's not what you said.

    You might not like it, and that's a fine opinion to have, but it objectively doesn't look like an amateur 2008 machinima. You can think the ocean is ugly and no one can prove you wrong, but you can't reasonably argue that the ocean is made of maple syrup.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-08-14 at 06:41 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Stating that it looks like something it doesn't, a statement that can be objectively disproved, is not subjective. It is simply an incorrect opinion.

    Diablo 2 in-game graphics look just like Diablo 3's. Objectively false, easily disproved by comparing screenshots. What you said.

    Diablo 2 in-game graphics look better than Diablo 3's. Subjective. Not what you said.

    You didn't give a subjective opinion, you said it looked like the machinimas being made in 2008 - this is objectively untrue and can be seen as such by simply doing a side by side view of the videos. You might think it looks as bad as those machinimas, which would be a subjective opinion, but that's not what you said.

    You might not like it, and that's a fine opinion to have, but it objectively doesn't look like an amateur 2008 machinima. You can think the ocean is ugly and no one can prove you wrong, but you can't reasonably argue that the ocean is made of maple syrup.
    It's quite obvious if i'm the person saying that then that's my opinion.

    That's what I think and that's my opinion, so if you don't like it then that's your problem and that's got nothin' to do with me

  3. #83
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's quite obvious if i'm the person saying that then that's my opinion.

    That's what I think and that's my opinion, so if you don't like it then that's your problem and that's got nothin' to do with me
    The classic rebuttal of flat-earthers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's quite obvious if i'm the person saying that then that's my opinion.

    That's what I think and that's my opinion, so if you don't like it then that's your problem and that's got nothin' to do with me
    Can you please link some old 2008 wow machinima videos so we can compare them and see your opinion in full. I’d like to see that.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The classic rebuttal of flat-earthers.
    Far from being a flat earther, but I see what you're trying to imply. That's just my opinion and so what if you don't like it then that's your issue. More of a sign of confidence in what i'm saying rather more than anything else. Thanks

  6. #86
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Far from being a flat earther, but I see what you're trying to imply. That's just my opinion and so what if you don't like it then that's your issue. More of a sign of confidence in what i'm saying rather more than anything else. Thanks
    Flat-earthers are confident too, one of them recently died in a rocket-powered attempt to prove his opinion was fact. I eagerly await the ability to observe your orbital launch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Can you please link some old 2008 wow machinima videos so we can compare them and see your opinion in full. I’d like to see that.
    2008 is right in the Myndflame era of machinima, so stuff like Illegal Danish, Zinwrath, L2P, etc. They are unpolished and look like the early examples of WoW machinima that they are. Illegal Danish was hugely popular and spawned a ton of memes, like Arcanite Reaper HOOOOO and the MC Raiders song.

    L2P https://youtu.be/ctVrpQ-orss

    Illegal Danish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUsF8weJJWs&t=1032s - note this is a remastered version re-issued by Myndflame with additional editing done recently when Youtube let him upload the entire video in one piece rather than in 5 minute segments as it was originally done. Still nowhere near the level of polish, even with the more recent editing.

    Zinwrath https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qas9vDLW__c
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Flat-earthers are confident too, one of them recently died in a rocket-powered attempt to prove his opinion was fact. I eagerly await the ability to observe your orbital launch.
    Once again, far from being a flat earther.

    I guess you really can't understand that what I have an opinion on is subjective and not fact, so i'll just leave it at that. Whatever issue you have with my opinions is your issue unbothered, my opinion is still the same. Thanks for listening to my ted talk.

  8. #88
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Once again, far from being a flat earther.

    I guess you really can't understand that what I have an opinion on is subjective and not fact, so i'll just leave it at that. Whatever issue you have with my opinions is your issue unbothered, my opinion is still the same. Thanks for listening to my ted talk.
    It's funny that you think that, it seems like you've forgotten what you even wrote to begin with.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's funny that you think that, it seems like you've forgotten what you even wrote to begin with.
    Not really. I still have the same opinion in that I think it looks amateur and the colour grading is off/looks overly filtered. Don’t like that opinion then tough that’s your problem.

  10. #90
    WOW!! That was really good! It also took me back a few years. I really did like The Burning Crusade.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Flat-earthers are confident too, one of them recently died in a rocket-powered attempt to prove his opinion was fact. I eagerly await the ability to observe your orbital launch.

    - - - Updated - - -



    2008 is right in the Myndflame era of machinima, so stuff like Illegal Danish, Zinwrath, L2P, etc. They are unpolished and look like the early examples of WoW machinima that they are. Illegal Danish was hugely popular and spawned a ton of memes, like Arcanite Reaper HOOOOO and the MC Raiders song.

    L2P https://youtu.be/ctVrpQ-orss

    Illegal Danish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUsF8weJJWs&t=1032s - note this is a remastered version re-issued by Myndflame with additional editing done recently when Youtube let him upload the entire video in one piece rather than in 5 minute segments as it was originally done. Still nowhere near the level of polish, even with the more recent editing.

    Zinwrath https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qas9vDLW__c
    If anyone thinks the videos above are just like this black temple trailer then they are deluded, it isn't even objective.

  12. #92
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Not really. I still have the same opinion in that I think it looks amateur and the colour grading is off/looks overly filtered. Don’t like that opinion then tough that’s your problem.
    You're cute, I like how you stick to your guns even in the face of linked evidence that proves you wrong.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You're cute, I like how you stick to your guns even in the face of linked evidence that proves you wrong.
    It's not evidence though - it's somebody else's opinion. Cute to read, but I also don't care. I think what I think, I like what I like and I dislike what I dislike - and I dislike this.

  14. #94
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,276
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not evidence though - it's somebody else's opinion. Cute to read, but I also don't care. I think what I think, I like what I like and I dislike what I dislike - and I dislike this.
    It doesn't matter what you dislike when your argument was an objective comparison that didn't support your claim. This thread is replete with both examples and extant evidence (ie: I posted the most well-known videos from 2008) that demonstrate that your claim was false - they simply don't look the same when placed side by side.

    You can either walk it back or you can keep digging like the big strong boy we know you are
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It doesn't matter what you dislike when your argument was an objective comparison that didn't support your claim. This thread is replete with both examples and extant evidence (ie: I posted the most well-known videos from 2008) that demonstrate that your claim was false - they simply don't look the same when placed side by side.

    You can either walk it back or you can keep digging like the big strong boy we know you are
    That’s just what I think though. If you, or others, dislike that I dislike it then that’s up to you doesn’t change what I think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •