Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Impressive work, specially with those custom models like the Black Temple scale model in sand.

This was pretty badass.

Really nice. I enjoyed it more than the Shadowland's cinematic.

Very well made! makes me want to find the old tbc movie by jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I chuckled at the spirit healer scene though it seemed out of place with the theme of the video.

I do wish raids could be like that though, just hundreds of mass troops storming a castle. I get why it can't be, but I'd just love being a part of a massive battle.
    Have you ever been in Nazjatar when 5 Alliance raids are stomping a hole in Newhome or fighting the mantid Empress in Vale, or going old school and many raid groups being mowed down by Oondasta?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You can have an opinion without having done it yourself. You have opinions on what films or tv shows you like right? What genre of music you like? What you think has done it best or what you like more, right? Does that mean you have to go and make all of those things and do it better than the things you dislike to have a valid opinion? Of course not, because that’s idiotic. A person can still have an opinion regardless, and that was my opinion.
    Yes, and your opinion is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Yes, and your opinion is shit.
    And that’s your opinion Mine still stands at that, so tough really. It looks amateur, and it looks like the very first shitty amateur machinamas people were making in like 2008.

Sexy, well done sir!

Was good apart from the "funny" part as a ghost

10+ Year Old Account
    And that’s your opinion Mine still stands at that, so tough really. It looks amateur, and it looks like the very first shitty amateur machinamas people were making in like 2008.

You don't need to lie to make your point.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    [/B]
    You don't need to lie to make your point.
    Not lying - that’s just my opinion. Opinions aren’t right or wrong, they’re just one persons view. If you don’t like my option then that’s kinda tough

10+ Year Old Account
    Not lying - that’s just my opinion. Opinions aren’t right or wrong, they’re just one persons view. If you don’t like my option then that’s kinda tough
    Lol there's opinions and there's things that are obviously false. I can unequivocally say that trees are made from cheese but that doesn't make it true, even if it's "my opinion".

If you think that all opinions are equally valid you're incredibly misguided.

Lol there's opinions and there's things that are obviously false. I can unequivocally say that trees are made from cheese but that doesn't make it true, even if it's "my opinion".

If you think that all opinions are equally valid you're incredibly misguided.
    Not really - it's subjective. What one persons likes, another doesn't. What one person think it's amateur, another won't.

There's a difference between opinion and fact. You can think tree's are made from cheese, but you can physically prove that they're not - that's fact. A fan-made video, which I guess you could consider an art-form, is subjective. I could sit here and say "wow, what a nice video about cats" and that would be false, as you can see it's not a video about cats. But me saying "i think it looks amateur" is just me saying that, as you can't necessarily prove what's "amateur" and what's "professional". To some people it would seem professional as their scope in terms of animation, colour grading, editing etc. could be limited, so something beyond their comprehension will seem good. But to people who have a lot of background with video editing, grading etc. (one being me) there's parts that do look amateur to me - which of course, someone who's self-taught and is doing it all by themselves can easily be classed as amateur. Does it all look terrible? Of course not. But there's certainly parts *i think* that do look a bit amateur and quickly done and that also look out-dated - but that's just my opinion.

I also don't think all opinions are equally valid, but when it comes to say film, videos, music etc. an opinion is an opinion and for the most part that comes down to people's own preference. You can judge it on a technical level i.e. in terms of if there's anything that's actually technically wrong, but apart from that it's just down to person to person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really - it's subjective. What one persons likes, another doesn't. What one person think it's amateur, another won't.

There's a difference between opinion and fact. You can think tree's are made from cheese, but you can physically prove that they're not - that's fact. A fan-made video, which I guess you could consider an art-form, is subjective. I could sit here and say "wow, what a nice video about cats" and that would be false, as you can see it's not a video about cats. But me saying "i think it looks amateur" is just me saying that, as you can't necessarily prove what's "amateur" and what's "professional". To some people it would seem professional as their scope in terms of animation, colour grading, editing etc. could be limited, so something beyond their comprehension will seem good. But to people who have a lot of background with video editing, grading etc. (one being me) there's parts that do look amateur to me - which of course, someone who's self-taught and is doing it all by themselves can easily be classed as amateur. Does it all look terrible? Of course not. But there's certainly parts *i think* that do look a bit amateur and quickly done and that also look out-dated - but that's just my opinion.

I also don't think all opinions are equally valid, but when it comes to say film, videos, music etc. an opinion is an opinion and for the most part that comes down to people's own preference. You can judge it on a technical level i.e. in terms of if there's anything that's actually technically wrong, but apart from that it's just down to person to person.
    Stating that it looks like something it doesn't, a statement that can be objectively disproved, is not subjective. It is simply an incorrect opinion.

Diablo 2 in-game graphics look just like Diablo 3's. Objectively false, easily disproved by comparing screenshots. What you said.

Diablo 2 in-game graphics look better than Diablo 3's. Subjective. Not what you said.

You didn't give a subjective opinion, you said it looked like the machinimas being made in 2008 - this is objectively untrue and can be seen as such by simply doing a side by side view of the videos. You might think it looks as bad as those machinimas, which would be a subjective opinion, but that's not what you said.

You might not like it, and that's a fine opinion to have, but it objectively doesn't look like an amateur 2008 machinima. You can think the ocean is ugly and no one can prove you wrong, but you can't reasonably argue that the ocean is made of maple syrup.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-08-14 at 06:41 PM.

Stating that it looks like something it doesn't, a statement that can be objectively disproved, is not subjective. It is simply an incorrect opinion.

Diablo 2 in-game graphics look just like Diablo 3's. Objectively false, easily disproved by comparing screenshots. What you said.

Diablo 2 in-game graphics look better than Diablo 3's. Subjective. Not what you said.

You didn't give a subjective opinion, you said it looked like the machinimas being made in 2008 - this is objectively untrue and can be seen as such by simply doing a side by side view of the videos. You might think it looks as bad as those machinimas, which would be a subjective opinion, but that's not what you said.

You might not like it, and that's a fine opinion to have, but it objectively doesn't look like an amateur 2008 machinima. You can think the ocean is ugly and no one can prove you wrong, but you can't reasonably argue that the ocean is made of maple syrup.
    It's quite obvious if i'm the person saying that then that's my opinion.

That's what I think and that's my opinion, so if you don't like it then that's your problem and that's got nothin' to do with me

10+ Year Old Account

That's what I think and that's my opinion, so if you don't like it then that's your problem and that's got nothin' to do with me
    The classic rebuttal of flat-earthers.

Can you please link some old 2008 wow machinima videos so we can compare them and see your opinion in full. I’d like to see that.