Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Besides them needing the reverse the BFA GCD change, every class should get a big talent revamp for sure. So many dead and mandatory talents. The new Spriest tree is great and creates obvious choices for different scenarios. I'm not particularly happy with the unpruning either and wish they had gone a lot further, but I know that's a more subjective topic.
    I think the whole unpruning has been mostly a failure so far because they also used it for a new design approach of making classes feel like classes again, which in turn is just a shoddy front to hide some corner cutting with SL's new endgame systems. In alot of cases they cheaped out of utilizing spec specific interactions and focused blindly on class abilities that often don't even make sense because they serve wildly different purposes. That way they have effectively reduced their workload by >60%. This is especially noticable for hybrid specs, but even pure specs like mage suffer occasionally from it. One of the worst offenders is probably shaman because the melee and caster interactions are so vastly different, yet they really wanted to limit it the few base class spells, even if it doesn't work well.

The goal of unpruning wasn't primarily to bring back cool interactions and tools, it was mostly done because they wanted some cross-spec abilities. There are a few outliers, but one can easily see what the primary goal was imho.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I would love to see mage just have all of their specs combined and given a back and forth mechanic of fire and ice to keep from overheating or freezing, and use arcane abilities as massive damage abilities that uses special charge resources.
    Oh i know , where it come from.

I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Lich,Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    Okay, well, then every class and spec gets to wait 4 years
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Dont agree with this either. Spend that time fixing things that need to be fixed, some specs are fine and I prefer Blizz not wasting time on them.
    It's the principle of wanting a higher standard.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Why?
    Because that's how long it took for spriests to get it.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    SMF back for popular request and we don't need anything new since fury is one of the most smooth playing specs in the game already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Fury is one of the most well designed and fluid specs to play
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Because fury warriors work in their current condition. They don't need anything new or fixed, so why break it for the sake of breaking it?
    Fury is so well designed, so smooth, and so flawless, that it isn't viable in arenas and has been well below arms in pve for years.

Voidform is still here right? Because I love Voidform. Like, the visual concept. Because shadows rotation is the thing thats changed right? Which is good because it was not smooth. I have not tried the new version, just read it. Just seem to remember it was still there. The voidform.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

I just want some form of MM I can play without loathing the spec back

Not all specs need a rework, some specs are actually quite good right now.

However, most specs do need more work then blizzard wants to give them. It's pretty clear they're still clinging to the 'borrowed power will fix it' mentality and shadow is the exception not the rule.

For me at least Demo, Survival, Sub and Frost DK need pretty intense passes.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I just want some form of MM I can play without loathing the spec back
    Tbf, MM right now reeks of WoD Demonology, aka "we don't want you to play the spec". I can't find any other explanation for the dismal state the spec is atm, and has been since the Legion rework at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Voidform is still here right? Because I love Voidform. Like, the visual concept. Because shadows rotation is the thing thats changed right? Which is good because it was not smooth. I have not tried the new version, just read it. Just seem to remember it was still there. The voidform.
    I'm not in beta, but for what I saw in Youtube, it seems that VF is becoming a more traditional DPS cooldown. However, there are a couple of talents which let you play the current version, or quite close to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbf, MM right now reeks of WoD Demonology, aka "we don't want you to play the spec". I can't find any other explanation for the dismal state the spec is atm, and has been since the Legion rework at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not in beta, but for what I saw in Youtube, it seems that VF is becoming a more traditional DPS cooldown. However, there are a couple of talents which let you play the current version, or quite close to it.
    Ah yeah, remember now, moved to a CD. Thanks. That would do for me. Hope its as great as they say it is now. Played Shadow a lot in Legion, BfA not so much, like at all. So much of the same, but still so different. I might have gotten old.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

Id be fine with just some talent shuffling for hunters and that's seem to be what were getting so i'm good as long as they don't suck numbers wise.

and we can tame rams now.

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    Because that's how long it took for spriests to get it.
    What kind of a reason is this? So what?

Well hell, since the resource decay ability was removed from Shadow priests, how about reinstating the one Demo locks used to have and should have now. Bring back Metamorphosis.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

I think all specs are boring as hell and require hardly any skill to play compared to how they used to be so I'd agree they should all be reworked.

Changes/overhauls rather are best less frequent if ever I think. If changes are so frequent I think the quality of them can be a bit all over the place while ignoring what specs really need sometimes and also making people forced to relearn specs they may have liked as is before.

bUt wHaT aBoUt MEeEe

Spriests have been waiting for eons.

People thinking it's perfectly fine that classes play exactly the same for 3 expansions in a row boggle my mind. New may not always be better, but stagnant is always boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    bUt wHaT aBoUt MEeEe

They've been waiting since legion. A lot of specs got butchered in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    bUt wHaT aBoUt MEeEe

You mean an expansion? Didn't they get significant changes in legion.

Not every spec needs it. A lot are decent they just scale bad. Ww/frost dk for example. Why can't crit also boost damage for lava burst like it does for chaos bolt?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM