Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Why?
    Because that's how long it took for spriests to get it.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    SMF back for popular request and we don't need anything new since fury is one of the most smooth playing specs in the game already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Fury is one of the most well designed and fluid specs to play
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Because fury warriors work in their current condition. They don't need anything new or fixed, so why break it for the sake of breaking it?
    Fury is so well designed, so smooth, and so flawless, that it isn't viable in arenas and has been well below arms in pve for years.

Voidform is still here right? Because I love Voidform. Like, the visual concept. Because shadows rotation is the thing thats changed right? Which is good because it was not smooth. I have not tried the new version, just read it. Just seem to remember it was still there. The voidform.

I just want some form of MM I can play without loathing the spec back

Not all specs need a rework, some specs are actually quite good right now.

However, most specs do need more work then blizzard wants to give them. It's pretty clear they're still clinging to the 'borrowed power will fix it' mentality and shadow is the exception not the rule.

For me at least Demo, Survival, Sub and Frost DK need pretty intense passes.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I just want some form of MM I can play without loathing the spec back
    Tbf, MM right now reeks of WoD Demonology, aka "we don't want you to play the spec". I can't find any other explanation for the dismal state the spec is atm, and has been since the Legion rework at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Voidform is still here right? Because I love Voidform. Like, the visual concept. Because shadows rotation is the thing thats changed right? Which is good because it was not smooth. I have not tried the new version, just read it. Just seem to remember it was still there. The voidform.
    I'm not in beta, but for what I saw in Youtube, it seems that VF is becoming a more traditional DPS cooldown. However, there are a couple of talents which let you play the current version, or quite close to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbf, MM right now reeks of WoD Demonology, aka "we don't want you to play the spec". I can't find any other explanation for the dismal state the spec is atm, and has been since the Legion rework at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not in beta, but for what I saw in Youtube, it seems that VF is becoming a more traditional DPS cooldown. However, there are a couple of talents which let you play the current version, or quite close to it.
    Ah yeah, remember now, moved to a CD. Thanks. That would do for me. Hope its as great as they say it is now. Played Shadow a lot in Legion, BfA not so much, like at all. So much of the same, but still so different. I might have gotten old.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Id be fine with just some talent shuffling for hunters and that's seem to be what were getting so i'm good as long as they don't suck numbers wise.

and we can tame rams now.

Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    Because that's how long it took for spriests to get it.
    What kind of a reason is this? So what?

Well hell, since the resource decay ability was removed from Shadow priests, how about reinstating the one Demo locks used to have and should have now. Bring back Metamorphosis.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

I think all specs are boring as hell and require hardly any skill to play compared to how they used to be so I'd agree they should all be reworked.

Changes/overhauls rather are best less frequent if ever I think. If changes are so frequent I think the quality of them can be a bit all over the place while ignoring what specs really need sometimes and also making people forced to relearn specs they may have liked as is before.

10+ Year Old Account
    bUt wHaT aBoUt MEeEe

Spriests have been waiting for eons.

People thinking it's perfectly fine that classes play exactly the same for 3 expansions in a row boggle my mind. New may not always be better, but stagnant is always boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    bUt wHaT aBoUt MEeEe

They've been waiting since legion. A lot of specs got butchered in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    bUt wHaT aBoUt MEeEe

You mean an expansion? Didn't they get significant changes in legion.

Not every spec needs it. A lot are decent they just scale bad. Ww/frost dk for example. Why can't crit also boost damage for lava burst like it does for chaos bolt?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

No thanks. I can not stand when they just change classes for the sake of it.
    If you dislike your class, find a new one.
    But stop trying to make them fix what isn't broken.

I played Holy Paladin from TBC to Legion and they changed it so severely I fell out of love with it.
    I luckily fell in love with Blood DK around that time and it saved my passion for the game, but if they just randomly decided to completely rework the spec for no reason other than the forums demanding it, I don't think I'd be around for a third round.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    so you got rocked by a mage/rogue in pvp im guessing

Rocked? So, you don't have fingers to type yourself to the representation of specs and no eyes to see any evidence right there to see? Youve had your head under a rock when Enhance was a strong PvP spec but still not as strong as Mage, Lock, Rogue or RDruid and guess whos spec was gutted to unplayable, while other stronger specs were untouched. I guess your head was also under a rock when Beastmaster (not my favorite spec but the only viable ranged Hunter spec was viable in PvP) was gutted and again Mage, Rogue, Lock, Havoc and RDruid were unscathed. Beastmaster, gutted. No ranged Hunter spec to play in PvP. And yet all you saw on the PvP Forums were countless threads to nerf the favored classes. Still, Mage, Lock, Rogue are beyond broken. Any nerfs? None. Enhance, gutted, ranged Hunters gutted. Doesn't strike you as odd?

Does it strike you as Odd the very next day, ya, the next day after Enhance won Blizzcon and it was nerfed into the ground, destroyed for daring to not be Mage, Lock or Rogue. Are you completely oblivious to the track record of nerfs to anyone not the Royalty of WoW?
    Did you know the reason they gave for nerfing Enhance was this official statement by Blizzard "We want arena teams to play like RMP". Welp, here is the kicker. No one can play like RMP because Rogue and Mage toolkits are so far broken that nothing can compete without being OP. So, it's an endless cycle.
    Beat Rogue and Mage, face the wheel.

Tldr: If you aren't mage or Rogue you get nerfed into the ground...just the facts.

yes, but also no...

some classes are generally fine as they are, not saying they don't need some love/tweaking. but there's only so much you can do with say, a warrior before it stops being a warrior. same with a lot of other classes.

i will say, however, that there are some specs that need some love/a complete overhaul non the less.
    personally i would love to see feral and guardian druids not just be a watered down carbon copy of a rogue and a warrior.
    which is something they've been since time immemorial.

shadow priests were in a very.... skewed position.
    their overall scaling was all over the place, mostly after blizzard took a sledge hammer to their core mechanic once Legion ended. and their core mechanic had a pretty high skill floor to get into. the skill ceiling however, especially back in Legion, was extremely high. making shadow priests one of the best performing DPS classes of that expansion at some points.
    what we have now is a watered down version that just doesn't cut it. and wanting to avoid the massive gains they had previous expansion they needed to redesign it's core mechanic to not scale as out of control as it did back then.

though, i know full well that designing/redesigning a class is a tremendous effort that takes a lot of time and resources, so i would rather they take their time to properly redesigning 1 spec over the course of several months than a full on, half assed and sloppy redesign for all specs in short notice.

in the end, almost everyone here is an armchair developer that has amazing ideas on how to rework, balance and spruce up the game in one way or another.
    but in the end we're just that. a bunch of armchair developers. we can, for the most part, just leave it to the actual developers. if we don't like it in the end, they'll know. we always make sure they'll know.