Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jba252 View Post
    Classic is retail.

Same sub, built off of legion architecture, bnet included and same playerbase mentality.

Retail was a term created/used by private server players when they did not have an option to pay to play a vanilla version of the game and now they do.

Welcome to retail.
    Im aware the theory is if he HAS the gold in retail to spend

Not everyone who plays classic plays retail

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    From Blizzard's Website:

Each transfer has a ninety-day cooldown.

Gold transfer limits specific level ranges are as follows:
    Level 10-30 can transfer with up to 100 gold
    Level 31-50 can transfer with up to 500 gold
    Level 51-60 can transfer with up to 2000 gold

Characters cannot transfer from PvE realms to PvP Realms and RP realms cannot transfer to RP-PvP realms.
    Wow, is it really 90 days on classic but only 3 days on retail, or am I somehow mistaken that it's 3 days on retail?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Wow, is it really 90 days on classic but only 3 days on retail, or am I somehow mistaken that it's 3 days on retail?
    You are correct. Classic is 90 days, Retail 72 hours. "You can transfer a character from a realm to another once every 72 hours. "

It was a month a year ago, so at least a month on retail. 30 days I believe. Or was that faction? I did both in one go.

I guess the guy above is right, nvm me!

30 days cd applies on character if you change it from an account to the next. Glad we got that sorted
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-10 at 01:16 AM.

Not quite there is a 72 hour cooldown that prevents you from using any other services for that char in Retail transferring the char has a 30 day cool down while Classic has a 90 day cooldown

Certain character services trigger a 72 hour cooldown preventing additional services for that character. If a character is transferred to another account, that character will not able to perform an account or realm transfer for 30 days.

In WoW Classic, a character can only transfer once every 90 days.

This cooldown period cannot be bypassed by Customer Service.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...ry%2090%20days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all for the replies! Bit odd that it's such a huge difference for classic. I played back in vanilla but can't remember when realm transfers were implemented (if it was during vanilla or after I mean).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Not quite there is a 72 hour cooldown that prevents you from using any other services for that char in Retail transferring the char has a 30 day cool down while Classic has a 90 day cooldown

Certain character services trigger a 72 hour cooldown preventing additional services for that character. If a character is transferred to another account, that character will not able to perform an account or realm transfer for 30 days.

In WoW Classic, a character can only transfer once every 90 days.

This cooldown period cannot be bypassed by Customer Service.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...ry%2090%20days.
    Hold up, if I'm reading that correctly, it's only 30 days (on retail) if you transfer the character to another account. If you don't, is it not then "only" 72 hours?

Edit: I'm kinda derailing the thread here so I'll stop, as people have pointed out that on classic the realm transfer cooldown is 90 days.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2020-08-10 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys pointing out the cooldown...he's not transferring the same character BACK, he's using a different one. So it doesn't matter. This will work as he said (unless he transfers from pvp to pve) so have fun.

Classic is retail.

Same sub, built off of legion architecture, bnet included and same playerbase mentality.

Retail was a term created/used by private server players when they did not have an option to pay to play a vanilla version of the game and now they do.

Welcome to retail.
    What the person you quoted is saying is you can use retail wow gold to buy tokens into $15 bnet balance, each, into classic realm transfer. The whole retail/classic thing is a nonissue and is irrelevant to the conversation but if you want to carry on, classic is an official private server.

Classic is retail.

Welcome to retail.
    Sure, but even blizzard calls classic, classic and how else are you supposed to distinguish the two? Oh thats right youre annoying and just arguing semantics because your bored and your life is hollow.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can only transfer 2k gold over with a level 51+ character, doubt that there are that many servers where edgemasters sell for less than 2k. But if you are lucky go for it.

A lot of broke people in this thread talking about how $50 is a lot of money.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .