Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    https://db.endless.gg/?item=29529

I was in a black temple guild. How come this was never brought up? Almost all the dps should be leather working and you rotate drums of battle to keep it up all the time.

This is never talked about, never brought up. never suggested. Sure was a weird time I guess.
    I'm not sure about the rest of my raid back then, but for Brutallus we did have a dedicated melee group where everyone was LW with deayed /w macro that told the next person to use their drums, that group also got every BL available (you were allowed to swap ppl between groups back then) it was also the only encounter where shamans were required to totem twist. Wasn't really needed anywhere else. As far as I'm aware, there wasn't any real obsession with parses back then though, so as long as the boss died, no one was really sweating it.

Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    https://db.endless.gg/?item=29529

I was in a black temple guild. How come this was never brought up? Almost all the dps should be leather working and you rotate drums of battle to keep it up all the time.

This is never talked about, never brought up. never suggested. Sure was a weird time I guess.
    Why? What? How? Yeah..I was in a BT raiding guild and in fact lots of people went (were asked nicely ) Leatherworking for that purpose.

What do you want to be talked about 12 years after the fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Oh, we used those. I was the one who made them for the guild even. Master Leatherworker! Used the other Drums too. Wish we could get profession stuff like that back again.
    Well..you can still buy drums? So I guess it is still there? That said...I hope for a good revamp of professions. I really lost interest in pretty much all of them as it is
    Last edited by det; 2020-08-10 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..you can still buy drums? So I guess it is still there? That said...I hope for a good revamp of professions. I really lost interest in pretty much all of them as it is
    Well yeah, we got ONE drum left. In TBC we had several! My point is like what you are saying here. We got ONE drum, while before we had several. Big difference.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, an example. Professions like you say are boring as fuck now. At least in Legion we got a quest line, but that was also it. Need moar!
    Lying about being a CE raider and claim the 10 last Cutting Edge's while buying all of them must be the saddest thing on these forums.

Apparently exposing liars is NOT okay.

it'd be nice for those drums to not be a thing in classic. I understand all of the arguments on both sides, but, meh.

I went into vanilla classic as the no-change crowd, and after seeing how strong players are on the final patch, I very much desire changes for the sake of maintaining "launch era difficulty" through tuning for player power on a final patch. If they're unwilling to do the work that goes into tuning, then remove something like these drums that will trivialize everything even further.

main take away from vanilla classic 1.12: if any change makes it harder, sure!

Don't know which is more irritating, Classic World Buffs, or BC Drums.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I'd go with BC resto druids in arena. Or SL/SL locks, for that matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

Watch Ensidia WFs from Sunwell, drums rotation is visible on every POV. Everyone knew about them and used them, there was no point bringing them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    B) Torghast is the coolest thing Blizzard has produced

I knew people used drums, but I don't think it was heavily/religiously used until Brutallus in sunwell. Until then, you didn't NEED everyone to have LW and use drums, just a few. It wasn't until that dps race that raids started having people drop one of their profs for LW.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

We used it, a lot.
    Special at Bruttalus, EVERYONE supposed be LW and have drums . ANd macro for party rotation.
    We was semi hardcore guild tho, at the end of top 100

There was a huge gap between BT guilds and SWP guilds. There were 5000+ guilds that progressed around half-way through BT before WotLK pre-patch went live. Most of them were very casual and dealt with with problems that were on an entirely different level from min-max-ing drum usage. The drum/shaman reality mostly concerned the SWP guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    This. Both things sucks.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10