[Spoiler] Shadows Rising

Im a bit confused.... is Anduin going shadow spec???? (im just finishing it 2 chapters left)

- - - Updated - - -

ofc he might after the rework, yes? :P
    Last edited by Musta; 2020-08-10 at 04:30 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, after playing the blandness incarnate that is holy priest during an entire expansion, without any hints of getting better in the future... Anyone would try something different, especially when the new Shadow is looking really phat.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Finished it. no more mentions of it. it was just a moment. Now im curious, shit.

lore has no concept of specialization, only Light and Dark, and no one can use the shadow and don't go mad.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think he's trying to go Disc spec so he's more Priest than Paladin lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    lore has no concept of specialization, only Light and Dark, and no one can use the shadow and don't go mad.
    So, okay, then anduin is doing something worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    So, okay, then anduin is doing something worse.
    It sounded like the same thing alleria was doing, only less intense. ANd we dont see anduin using the light on this novel. Maybe he changed.

- - - Updated - - -

totally not mad here - srsly just trying to figure it out

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the war and it's attrocities really weighed heavily on him. And he is resorting to more extreme methods, such as using the void in a similar way that Alleria did.

I'm not sure if I like that. But I also not the biggest fan of Anduin.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Yes, it seems he's dabbling more into shadow magic. Then again, Blizzard have been pushing Light Bad since X'era, so maybe him moving to somewhere between Light and Shadow is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Huh, did you guys not play MoP? He was using mind-control in that expansion, and even his official artwork in Hearthstone and on the official WoW website paints him as a Shadow user, not just a Light one...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    According to Bellular Blizzard made sure that was included in the book - we're definitely gonna a shadow priest Anduin at some point

Kinda ruins my hopes he becomes a paladin and basically what Arthas could've been but I guess even he wants to try out the shadow revamp
    Why not both? Maybe he can become a Paladin that sometimes use Shadow magic :P

In the end, is not like Lore character need to go with game mechanic logic.

The boy-king sits at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say he is going full on "embrace the darkness" but it certainly is planting the seeds of him being more devious.

In the novel there is a part where Jaina muses on Anduin's hard becoming hardened. She uses her own personal path as of late as an example, and how she is seemingly coming back from going down that dark path. But, we also see Anduin making attempts to reconnect with the more innocent parts of himself.

It would seem that it is not Anduin just embracing darker aspects of his personality, but rather he is by virtue of all the things he has dealt with up to this point, is starting to become a more serious version of himself.

The novel does a great job illustrating Anduin as having little patience for certain things, and more willing to do what he feels is necessary. I think we will be seeing a colder, more calculated Anduin in Shadowlands. A personality shift like we saw with Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The boy-king sits at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

I suspect we'll be seeing some of this finally play out, if it hasn't already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very true. I think people already hate Anduin enough for no reason, giving one character multiple powers (like Med'an) seems to anger people a lot (which I get) so I doubt Blizzard are keen to repeat that
    No no no, please, regardless of how people see Anduin, do not compare him to the... abomination that is Med'an, lets start with the fact that he's an extra snowflake, as he is a half human, quarter orc, quarter draneai kid, that learn magic from his forsaken godfather -and his father that he never saw, but I GOT MAGIC CAUSE I'M HIS SON-, learned how to use the light in 1 day, and not even a week later is like "Uhhh i can use elemental magic for no reason cause i got angry!".

I mean... you know how people bitch about how Rey from Starwars starting doing a lot of awesome stuff with no training and literally out of nowhere? Now take that and multiply it by 3 and also make it a combination of races that shouldn't be possible, but it was cause... MAGIC!, oh did i told you that he also learned how to fight out of nowhere with just a weekend of training from a random guy? So now he's not even a priest, he's a PALADIN WIZARD SHAMAN!

The worst part, is that the whole comic is really good till you include him.

Oh, did i told you how he defeated Chogall while he was empowered by C'thun to then banish to the Great Dark Beyond to fix some cosmic problem like an OP jedi?

Ok, i'm done ranting

- - - Updated - - -

He also uses mind blast to kill twilight cultists in the twilight highlands prequests if memory serves - point is shadow magic has never been use to characterise him. The fact it's clearly stated in a book, which are normally the heigh of wow canon, and blizzard said the book HAD to include it - suggests there's some development coming from Anduin so he's less clear cut.
    To be fair, he was trained as a Discipline Priest, aren't those supposed to know how to control both sides? (even if they are supposed to use only one like Velen)

5+ Year Old Account
    People hold a hope to see Anduin going deep down shadow path.

From this:

To something like this :
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.