Vessel of horrific visions price

It didn't really bother me in the beginning of the patch but now ive had some friends start wow and it feels really unnecessary and boring to have to wait several days to be able to enter visions.

Horrific visions is one of the few places where a fresh 120 character doesn't need to compete against players who already has farmed the best corruptions and essences and can have fun in their own pace.

Now, is it possible that it will be reduced before pre patch?

Btw farming echoes isn't a viable solution

The advice I would give to your friend is don't bother. The vertical systems for a new player are a fucking nightmare. Better to wait 3 months and just get in fresh for SL

The sheer amount of grinding required just to get started in 8.3 is stupid. Even more so if you also have no essences. What an absolute clusterfuck of a patch

Quote Originally Posted by tounsi View Post
    Btw farming echoes isn't a viable solution
    Yeah, it is. You essentially get a free Core for every 2.66 full clears you complete. Farming Echoes is the easiest way to get your CR up.

As for the price -- who fucking knows. I doubt they will lower it because it's the end of the patch cycle and we'll probably be seeing the SL prepatch on the PTR in the next month or so... at which point CR is completely useless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The sheer amount of grinding required just to get started in 8.3 is stupid. Even more so if you also have no essences. What an absolute clusterfuck of a patch
    What do you define as "get started"? At 120 you can go directly to Nazjatar and do the start quest there leading to Magni and the Heart Forge and right after that you are able to do the 8.3 questline at the end of which you should be around ilvl 420-430 (if you maybe add some world quest after that to get the rings and trinkets you can't get as quest rewards) and have a heart level of 50+ in a few hours without having set a single foot inside a dungeon. Also Magni, Nazjatar as well as the 8.3 questline will all offer you essences to use.

Imo it is ridiculously easy and fast to get started in 8.3
    Last edited by Galathir; 2020-08-10 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    What do you define as "get started"? At 120 you can go directly to Nazjatar and do the start quest there leading to Magni and the Heart Forge and right after that you are able to do the 8.3 questline at the end of which you should be around ilvl 420-430 (if you maybe add some world quest after that to get the rings and trinkets you can't get as quest rewards) and have a heart level of 50+ in a few hours without having set a single foot inside a dungeon. Also Magni, Nazjatar as well as the 8.3 questline will all offer you essences to use.

Yeah til you have to get essences, corruptions, corruption resistance, and decent Azeroth armor/traits. And essences may require reps which could take month+ to get. So easy and fast!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah, it is. You essentially get a free Core for every 2.66 full clears you complete. Farming Echoes is the easiest way to get your CR up.

As for the price -- who fucking knows. I doubt they will lower it because it's the end of the patch cycle and we'll probably be seeing the SL prepatch on the PTR in the next month or so... at which point CR is completely useless anyway.
    The point is not having to do other things for a longer period of time, than the thing that you actually want to do. Imagine logging in and spending more time preparing for the raid than to actually raid

Lol no.

Fresh accounts have to grind out essences. Have fun with some of those grinds this late in the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Yeah til you have to get essences, corruptions, corruption resistance, and decent Azeroth armor/traits. And essences may require reps which could take month+ to get. So easy and fast!
    You expect to be Mythic raid ready within 5 hours? Can we agree that this is not what getting started on a fresh 120 char should mean?

The advice I would give to your friend is don't bother. The vertical systems for a new player are a fucking nightmare. Better to wait 3 months and just get in fresh for SL

That isn't a problem fortunately we are already around 430 item level with a few essences after a couple of days at 120

The point is not having to do other things for a longer period of time, than the thing that you actually want to do. Imagine logging in and spending more time preparing for the raid than to actually raid
    You're exactly right, that's why I suggest just sitting it out for a few months. it's stupid the amount of shit you need to do before you can actually participate any meaningful content

It'll also take you WEEKS to get your gear to a competitive level, unless there's some major carrying involved.

Pace yourselves. As a brand-new player, things will take longer (the real issue with BFA was that it stood for Blizzard Fucked Alts) but also last longer. You don't need massive corruption resistance instantly because you won't have good corruptions anyway, barring exceptionally good RNG.

If you do all the dailies etc. you get to do about 5 Visions a week IIRC, plus the ones at the start. That means you will be max cloak level in two weeks and a bit, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Essences are a bigger problem, as some are effectively hard-locked to several weeks of progression and as a new player, there's no way to speed that up. Focus on farming dungeons and the raid as best you can, and stockpile Echoes for when your chosen corruption vendor rolls around. That'll keep you busy enough you won't have time to worry about not having enough Visions to do - and trust me, you'll get sick of Visions before you know it.

Is BFA messed up in how gated its progression system is? You betcha. But it's easier now than it was before, so at least there's that, I guess.

Lol no.

Fresh accounts have to grind out essences. Have fun with some of those grinds this late in the cycle.
    My month old character have no problem topping dps charts and competing in pvp at a casual level and that is enough for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It'll also take you WEEKS to get your gear to a competitive level, unless there's some major carrying involved.

Pace yourselves. As a brand-new player, things will take longer (the real issue with BFA was that it stood for Blizzard Fucked Alts) but also last longer. You don't need massive corruption resistance instantly because you won't have good corruptions anyway, barring exceptionally good RNG.

If you do all the dailies etc. you get to do about 5 Visions a week IIRC, plus the ones at the start. That means you will be max cloak level in two weeks and a bit, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Essences are a bigger problem, as some are effectively hard-locked to several weeks of progression and as a new player, there's no way to speed that up. Focus on farming dungeons and the raid as best you can, and stockpile Echoes for when your chosen corruption vendor rolls around. That'll keep you busy enough you won't have time to worry about not having enough Visions to do - and trust me, you'll get sick of Visions before you know it.

Is BFA messed up in how gated its progression system is? You betcha. But it's easier now than it was before, so at least there's that, I guess.
    The goal is to have fun doing them, I actually wouldnt even mind doing them without any significant reward

You expect to be Mythic raid ready within 5 hours? Can we agree that this is not what getting started on a fresh 120 char should mean?
    I mean... till legion you could be mythic ready at least for the first few bosses in I would say 10 hours of play at max levels if you did it efficiently give or take.

This grind till your eyes bleed srubbery only started in legion.

Man, you'd be real pissed if you found out the kind of degenerate shit they do for raiding in Classic.

Now, is it possible that it will be reduced before pre patch?
    At this point in the game they should halve the cost. It is not going to make or break things if people can get their cloak to 15 quickly and start working on extra resistance. We are at the point in the expansion when things should be passively getting easier for everyone, not just the ones who do every activity.

Which isn't going to be the end of the world. September 8th is the last week for core upgrades anyway and at that point we'll be capped at 125 (135 w/essence). So I really don't see any problems with other people catching up more so they can save cores for essences/corruptions.

Man, you'd be real pissed if you found out the kind of degenerate shit they do for raiding in Classic.
    Classic players honestly scare me a bit and I used to do split runs...

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    I joined some friends to play classic, so i got 60 etc(boosted af ofc). And then BWL day came. It took us like over an hour to get buffs, people have literaly 3 accounts with warlocks and clickers in them to summon people to DM, Felwood etc. BWL took like 40 mins. So you spend like 1 hour to trim 15 mins, and the answer when you ask why we do this is 'cause warriors scale up insanely with world buffs' (makes no sense). That's one of the degenerate things i guess :'D