Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I think you are confused.

Back in wrath ALL 3 specs could tank and dps.
    Tbf many people even during Wrath were confused and equated Frost Presence with meaning you needed to go Frost for tanking.

15+ Year Old Account
    DK was my main back then. I raided ICC with Unholy spec, and it was very fun. Frost too, but it wasn't tank spec at that time I recall.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DPS was lovely, Frost tanking was awesome, and unholy pvp was God-like. It was a thinking man's class...sorta
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

10+ Year Old Account
    Every Spec was a tank spec. They were so overtuned it was not even funny.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Blood dps was lush. I miss it each day.

It was a glorious time. Blood dps was and still is my favorite spec to be in the game. I remember whatever patch it was where they made frost strike hit like a freight train and I could damn near solo the bridge outside Alliance camp in AV. Just global clothies and druids all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Like frost which was tanking, blood was dps and such. What was that like?
    any tree could tank which was awesome. People at first said frost was tanking spec because of armor but i did it in blood and frost.

2h frost was the funnest leveling experience i ever had in wow especially in pvp. The crits, the interplay, the hungering cold. it was so much fun. those unholy dudes were tough though with amz and ams. blood were killers when they popped the swords and all that. If i as 2h frost crit you were dead. you did a lot of dps in 3 different ways, you tanked in different ways, and you pvped in different ways. wotlk dk launch was the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    any tree could tank which was awesome. People at first said frost was tanking spec because of armor but i did it in blood and frost.

2h frost was the funnest leveling experience i ever had in wow especially in pvp. The crits, the interplay, the hungering cold. it was so much fun. those unholy dudes were tough though with amz and ams. blood were killers when they popped the swords and all that. If i as 2h frost crit you were dead. you did a lot of dps in 3 different ways, you tanked in different ways, and you pvped in different ways. wotlk dk launch was the best ever.
    Unholy by far had the best consistant mitigation. There was a reason they were pushing Sarth 3D.

Unholy had a talent called "beyond the grave" or something to that extent which allowed you to play as a ghoul after you died. That got removed in 3.1 I believe. I'm pretty sure Raise Dead also returned the targeted player to life as that same ghoul rather than actually bringing them back to life... I think that was changed in 3.3 or Cata.

I remember having a lot of fun as unholy in general. They had a ton of utility spells and really hard countered casters in pvp.

A lot of posters are saying every spec could tank, but on my realm after Naxx blood was established as the tank spec and you never really saw frost/unholy tanks after that.
    Last edited by plantation; 2020-10-08 at 12:42 AM.

Now I can't tell you what it was like you play a DK in WoTLK but I can tell you what it was like to play a Paladin. It was fantastic ~

DKs were just everywhere tho for real. That's what I remember like dungeon groups and raids filled with them constantly. It was ridiculous.

For the beginning when they were kinda broken, I played DW Frost/Unholy Hybrid, it used certain talents 32/39 hybrid spec was fun for about half a patch before they changed the way some of it worked.

Best time I ever had in 13 years of WoW was in WoTLK. I mained a dk and also had the best guild I ever had. Then the guild died in Cata as a whole bunch of old school guys quit the game. And Cata was my last expansion as a DK. In MoP I rerolled Hunter and never looked back.

I played all DK specs but my favorite was obviously 2handed frost.