Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It was glorious. You could tank in every spec, raise players as a ghoul, had raidwide presences, were able to use diseases from other DK's. The class theming also fit in WotLK really well. I still love playing as DK to this day, but its stripped down hard of what made it so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    i still laugh irl at every DK and Holy Paladin that got Deadly Gladiator in season 5 in 2s arena.
    This meme video from WotLK times sums it up

"♫♫...all you noobs out there, learn to play...♫♫"

I love it

Last edited by Ange; 2020-09-10 at 06:49 PM.
    -

I only played it for the first patch or so, when Shadow of Death was still its original thing and it was... very overpowered. Thats simply all there was to say. It was lots of fun? But... really really OP.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    It called riposte in a swordfight. If you make a correct parry it usually it leve you in a superior postion, that allow you a "easy" strike agenst the opponent who is in a inferior postion.
    Well yes, but when your objective is to take as little damage as possible in a game, mechanics like that are counter intuitive. OH attacks should have been exempt IMO

in dps , you was blood spec and you was just spamming death strike, each hit healed you full life and did a lot of damage, dk was OP , but the 2 expansion after wotlk, dk player cryed an ocean with all the bat nerf the dk had receive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    DKs have always been a blast to play, no matter the xpac IMO.
    cataclysm was really hard for dk, all dps spec was nerfed to the 55 underground level

Considering my most notable DK moment was close to Wrath release, when a group of horde killed me near the nexus, just for me to return as a ghoul and manage to wipe their entire group, I say it was glorious. It was absolutely broken mess, and I loved it dearly. I will look back at these memories on my death bed.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

10+ Year Old Account
    Had some really fun mechanics which were gotten rid of unfortunately...was rather powerful in PvP, if I recall the only thing that truly outclassed it was the massively OP Ret Pally spec

Had a lot of versatility like you mentioned....could really do almost anything as any spec

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    My youngest son didn't know much about classes and their spec... He ended up running most dungeons as a tank in blood spec, his older brother was a healer, and together they spammed a lot of dungeons... Everyone they grouped up with were amazed that blood could tank... What they didnt realise was that my youngest son was only 8 years old and not one group wiped..
    Proud parent moment right here.

The Death and Decay glyph good times.

Tanking as Unholy was awesome with Unholy Blight, AMZ and Bone Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Tanking as Unholy was awesome with Unholy Blight, AMZ and Bone Shield.
    Yup, best DK tank spec in Wrath

The best way I could describe it from my experience. It was like a cocaine bender that would never end, and when it finally did it was a painful morning or two after.

Honestly I don't think unholy is getting enough of a shout out as it needs as a dps spec

at the start shadow strike was like mortal strike that you could spam back to back but it was full shadow damage, you could rip people in half pretty easily

the garg was crazy, turning into a ghoul after death was crazy, amz was crazy, unholy blight was good, death coils hit for numbers

I wish they'd just fully revert unholy back to wotlk tbh

DK:s where completely broken in the beginning mostly because of the Death strike wich healed for a crazy amount. They were decent at tanking but had some issues with threat wich caused blizz to buff the shit out of their threat generation. As for the speccs they felt kind of weird because you could dps and tank in every spec even though some were better than others.

Tanking ICC25 without much of any heal required on the first half of the raid.

Yes, I think DK's were pretty broken.

As someone who did not play as DK, but played a lot with one, well, probably the best co-tank one could get, each spec could tank for a specific role - trash/aoe, bosses, you name it.
    Plus they were pretty good DPS too, again, all specs could be used for different scenarios.

So I was quite dissapointed when Blood was the only tanking spec left. Of course, balancing it was probably pretty much impossible, so it was logical to see it all go, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was epic!

I played blood as a tank before it was the official tank spec at the end of the expansion, and it was my favorite way to play, though I did enjoy agility-crit 1H frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Like frost which was tanking, blood was dps and such. What was that like?
    I remember being able to multispec early on. It used the old talent trees so you could dip in and gain talents from any spec if you went far enough in the talent tree. I remember running 0/32/39 early on which was a DW frost/unholy spec. Basically you had your obliterate and howling blasts alongside your plague strike and gargoyle. Also there was some type of corruption plague strike spawned on the ground, though I forget what exactly it was. Spec was insanely overpowered. Blizzard nerfed that spec fast. 2H Blood Dps was also great for 3D Sarth.

Then during Ulduar and ToC I remember running 2H Frost, which stacked Armor Pen like a mofo. Obliterate crits were crazy high. It utilized a straight rotation instead of a priority system iirc, using Blood Tap to set up your runes before the pull.

Long story short, DKs were in their prime then. I'll never forget the first day of Wrath where thousands of level 58 DKs were running around Hellfire Peninsula in that starter gear trying to level up and group for Ramps for fast XP and Hellreaver.

I miss Frost tanking, tbh. That was pretty roflstomp.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty654 View Post
    I remember being able to multispec early on. It used the old talent trees so you could dip in and gain talents from any spec if you went far enough in the talent tree. I remember running 0/32/39 early on which was a DW frost/unholy spec. Basically you had your obliterate and howling blasts alongside your plague strike and gargoyle. Also there was some type of corruption plague strike spawned on the ground, though I forget what exactly it was. Spec was insanely overpowered. Blizzard nerfed that spec fast. 2H Blood Dps was also great for 3D Sarth.

Then during Ulduar and ToC I remember running 2H Frost, which stacked Armor Pen like a mofo. Obliterate crits were crazy high. It utilized a straight rotation instead of a priority system iirc, using Blood Tap to set up your runes before the pull.

Long story short, DKs were in their prime then. I'll never forget the first day of Wrath where thousands of level 58 DKs were running around Hellfire Peninsula in that starter gear trying to level up and group for Ramps for fast XP and Hellreaver.
    And don’t forget us being called “derp knights” for a long while in Wrath.