Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Call authorities and hope they arrive too late to save the kids and then humanely euthanize the tiger (as living in captivity is torture).
    Not necessarily. Animals in captivity can live longer, healthier lives than they would in the wild in many cases.

It would be important to put priority on protecting the kids first. If that can be done safely while not killing the tiger, then of course that would be the best choice. Even a tiger of less than a year old, can easily kill a child.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Just stay in at night until they catch it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Just stay in at night until they catch it.
    I have a spin on this... Yell to the kids how to fight off the tiger, then complain that’s what they get for not listening... as they get eaten.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not necessarily. Animals in captivity can live longer, healthier lives than they would in the wild in many cases.
    Yeah, longer and healthier, but mentally fucked up. You'd live longer and healthier too if I put you in a cage, made sure you couldn't hurt yourself, fed you the same healthy meal every day, kept you away from everyone except maybe a few individuals in the same cell, gave you medical care and decided who you could fuck. Most animals in captivity are exhibiting stress behavior. To put it in human terms, they are not 'happy'.

Yeah, longer and healthier, but mentally fucked up. You'd live longer and healthier too if I put you in a cage, made sure you couldn't hurt yourself, fed you the same healthy meal every day, kept you away from everyone except maybe a few individuals in the same cell, gave you medical care and decided who you could fuck. Most animals in captivity are exhibiting stress behavior. To put it in human terms, they are not 'happy'.
    That is one of the main reasons they lash out.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the type of environment they are housed in. I would agree with you if they all are held in small cages, with not much room or interaction with others of their species.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    In most countries it's illegal to shoot a child or run it over with your car.
    You joke but we just had a thread about "Saving a human or an animal?" and it's insane how highly some people value animals relative to other people...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, many traveling exhibits are said to be very poor environments for their animals. With that said, I got to hold the front part of a young tiger across my lap years ago. It seemed fat, glossy and happy, and I still remember it. I still have dreams about how warm and soft it was and wish cats were bigger.

So, sit down on my knees, talk quietly, try to coax the tiger over. It is a zoo tiger and used to its keepers (nor should it be particularly hungry), so stay calm, give it a familiar feeling, and I have a chance of getting through it. Tell the kids to stay quiet, walk and do not run, call the zoo, and: "Guys, it is not tame, I am doing something very stupid to give you a chance, get out of here and don't upset it."

Would it work? Who knows, but I'd have to try to save it. If it seems non-violent, it might not get put down. The kids? Look, Tiger Express just delivered dinner, if they can stay calm they have a chance to make it out.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

record the attack to post it up later on liveleak

I bet some people will hide and feed it.

Eventually it grows big enough to eat people.

If I don't know the kids, I'd turn around and gtfo of that situation.

If I knew them, I'd take my phone out and snap a pic of the kids so that their parents have something to remember them by, before I shuffled away.

Umm, finding a safe place for me and then trying to get the focus of the tiger off to me, so that the kids can be saved and me too.