Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    And that was exactly the biggest mistake. TBC released too quickly after Naxxramas. Because of that not a lot of players got to see Naxx and it's the reason it was brought back in Wrath.

Classic is the perfect time to fix this mistake and let more people have fun in Naxx.
    cmon,yeah...in vanila 6 months was to fast,specialy for naxx that was way harder than the raids before it,but this isnt the case anymore,we have raid tiers today that launch after 6 months,and people take light years longer to clear mythic today by comparison,if we wanna keep in the spirit of vanila like blizz has been trying,tbc should prolly launch at most after 1 month

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I certainly won't be coming back for TBC. Classic already gave me a reminder of the smarmy politics in the game and how being in a guild turns the game into a job.
    personaly i cant wait for tbc,more class viability,arenas with resilience and pvp vendors and an actualy good honor system,good itemization,no more world buffs,raids a bit harder,i would say 10 man raiding,but the guys in classic been doing that anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    early/mid 2022.

I dont think the end of classic has to mean the beginning of tbc-classic or the other way around.

I agree that classic is most likely going to outright die a few months after naxx release.

That being said i dont think blizzard has started working on tbc yet - and no matter what people think its going to take a while. They have to do much the same rework on the code to make it work on the new server techs. They probably dont have to mess around as much with getting the software in the first place as they did for classic.

I'm much more hyped for tbc then i am for anything classic right now.

Calling Aug/Sept 2021

Keeping us in classic for another year is a massive mistake, when most of us will be clearing aq40 in 2-3 weeks, and naxx in maybe 3-5 weeks. Notice I said most of us, not all guilds are tryhard private server first reset full clear guilds.

You can't have content being chewed through this fast last as long as it did back in the day. It literally makes no sense.

But, as has become obvious, blizzard is just in this to get as many subs possible for the least amount of effort possible. Milking classic for as long as they can before a likely BC release may be in their interest, but not if people keep quitting because they are bored.

I'm largely raid logging, cause there is just not much to do, but my raid logger sub is worth just as much as someone who has alot of alts playing constantly. I wish we knew sub numbers, and specifically classic specific subs, but obviously we'll never know either number and all we can do it guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    That's my guess. 9.3/4 content drought, followed by TBC servers to keep undecided players subscribed/bring players back.
    summer 2022 seems about right. they will probably announce it at BLizzcon 2021

Well naxx will likely come january of february 2021 so tbc ... jan 2022 or nov 2021.

It all boils down to how enaged people remain to classic and how long do average guilds take to farm naxx.

Hopefully this november we get an announcement if it will happen or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think mid 2021 is a must. I'd imagine Naxx to be released around December/January time and we can't linger in there for months on end.

I'd hope for May 2021 and June/July at the latest, but I think that's VERY optimistic and I'll be wrong for sure.

A yearly release alternating between Classic and Retail would make sense. So end of this year is Shadowlands, end of next year is BC Classic, end of 2022 is 10.0, end of 2023 is WotLK Classic.

Classic expansions after lich king wouldn't be popular, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Classic expansions after lich king wouldn't be popular, I think.
    Legion and potentially MoP could be but it's hard to say, especially if the playerbase keeps getting split. However I don't think it makes much sense to release past wotlk because at that point you are just re-releasing everything. I think if they ever went past wrath it would make more sense to just release like 4 mega servers (1 of each pve, pvp, rp, rppvp each) of each expansion all at once and let it exist as a "if you want it, it's there" kind of move. Use layering as a way to make those servers tolerable.

be interesting to see what was truly popular or if they all just ended up like old Call of Duty games where as soon as the new one is out the old ones are ghost towns despite being practically the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Legion and potentially MoP could be but it's hard to say, especially if the playerbase keeps getting split. However I don't think it makes much sense to release past wotlk because at that point you are just re-releasing everything. I think if they ever went past wrath it would make more sense to just release like 4 mega servers (1 of each pve, pvp, rp, rppvp each) of each expansion all at once and let it exist as a "if you want it, it's there" kind of move. Use layering as a way to make those servers tolerable.

be interesting to see what was truly popular or if they all just ended up like old Call of Duty games where as soon as the new one is out the old ones are ghost towns despite being practically the same game.
    Honestly, I think even wotlk wouldn't be very popular. BC still had very "hardcore" raids that many players haven't experienced back in the days. Also it was the start of competitive pvp with arena and many players have nostalgia for BC just for that.

Personally, I'd play BC just for the pvp alone. Being able to gear up in pvp and play pvp with my pvp equip would be a dream come true in retail. One that we'll never get again, I fear.

But with wotlk classic, a lot of the novelty would be gone. wotlk didn't really bring some outstanding new feature that drastically changed how you played the game. It did what BC did, just in a more accessible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    And that was exactly the biggest mistake. TBC released too quickly after Naxxramas. Because of that not a lot of players got to see Naxx and it's the reason it was brought back in Wrath.

Classic is the perfect time to fix this mistake and let more people have fun in Naxx.
    That may have been a mistake in 2007 but 6 months is actually too long this time. Look at how things are being cleared in Classic, even for casuals and pugs.

Anyone remember 1 year of ICC? Yuck!
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2020-08-18 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    As the title says, my opinion is somewhere in august 2021.
    6 months after Naxxramas releases.

6 months per tier, 2 year Classic duration. Fresh classic servers open up after, and existing ones move to TBC.

People asking for a 1 year naxxramas make me confused. That's way too long for a raid tier, especially a known one on Classic. That would just make people quit the game after clearing Naxxramas... for almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    Which kind of raises the question of where they're going to stop with this. I could see them doing Classic and then stopping. What I cannot see is them doing TBC and then not doing Wrath. So how far are they going to go?
    Why should they stop? There's little costs in running the servers in a held state. Why not have a couple of servers dedicated to each expansion? Yes, even those who pine for a WoD like style can have their wod too.

Making us sit through another year of classic for just 2 40 man raids would be a big mistake. Yet i'm almost certain that's the road we're going down. Sigh.

Keeping a similar release schedule as vanilla while we blast through the content 5 times faster makes no effing sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    6 months after Naxxramas releases.

6 months per tier, 2 year Classic duration. Fresh classic servers open up after, and existing ones move to TBC.

People asking for a 1 year naxxramas make me confused. That's way too long for a raid tier, especially a known one on Classic. That would just make people quit the game after clearing Naxxramas... for almost a year.
    Anyone who joins fresh classic servers right after this god forsaken way too dragged out version is baffling to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    summer 2022 seems about right. they will probably announce it at BLizzcon 2021
    Lol. Say goodbye to 90% of classic players if we sit in naxx for more than 6 months. Even that is way too long.

When Shadowlands fails they will release Naxx, and after Shadowlands first patch buries the expansion, they will launch TBC.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they don't release tbc about 6 months after naxx is out, classic will die out quickly after.

I'm one of those that are looking forward to clear and farm naxx and it's tier 3 gear on at least 1 character, but I will not farm naxx for a whole year. That's way too long in classic where many clear the new raid on the first raid night after it's release...

Never. It will be same toxic shitfest as classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Huh? Isn't that the point of classic? To play old content forever?
    That is actually why I play classic. I want to reach a point where I dont have to farm new gear (don't need to raid) and then just do wpvp and bgs.

I'm all for people being able to play tbc so long as my characters are not forced onto a bc server
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Never. It will be same toxic shitfest as classic.
    Then don't play and stick to the marvellous Shadowlands. Let us enjoy TBC.