Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, and if that priority add has high health you'd use HM on it.

GCD on this ability is bunk.

Instead of +5% damage it should be +10 yard range to the target. So it still has purpose and helps a bit but it isn't utterly necessary on every target swap.

Poll should have been checkboxes, not radio boxes.

• Change it! Make it deal damage so it feels better, the same treatment as Blade Flurry.
    • Change it! Give it a raid debuff of some kind.
    • Change it! Take it off the GCD.

All of them would be fine for me tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yeah I simply don't agree though, maybe it's an attitude or perspective thing but to me this is how it works

Let's say we're fighting 5 mobs

Mob 1: 100% damage taken
    Mob 2: 100% damage taken
    Mob 3: 100% damage taken
    Mob 4: 100% damage taken
    Mob 5 with HM : 105% damage taken

As I said earlier, if people want to believe they now do 95% of the damage they should do to every other target - you're always gonna be mad at something or another
    As I’ve tried explaining to you earlier, this is what is actually happening.
    Picture a ST fight. If you use HM you are doing 100% of the damage your class is able to do thru buffs and abilities in your personal toolkit. You aren’t doing 105%. Make sense?
    Now, switch to an AoE/Cleave fight. You use HM on 1 target which means you are doing 100% of your personal toolkits damage to that target. Everything else without HM means you are doing 95% of your total allotted damage to everything else.
    I get what you are trying to point out, and on one hand it’s a good perspective to have as it’s more of a “look on the bright side” way of thinking. The issue is that the other way of thinking is also true and it upsets people. It doesn’t mean either way of thinking is wrong, but it does mean that when there is a split like this then it’s probably not a good thing to have implemented the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Poll should have been checkboxes, not radio boxes.
    Yep just trying to force people to pick their absolute favorite. And the "I like it how it is" options needed to be exclusionary from the others.

Regarding AE, again in that scenario you don't use HM at all as it isn't worth the GCD. You could reapply it before the pull of course if you like, it doesn't hurt anything, but 5% more damage to one of 5 small enemies in an AE pull is not worth your attention. Now if it's an AE pull with one "big" mob and a bunch of small ones, you do HM the big guy as it is a primary target, it has enough health that HM will be worth that GCD.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-08-12 at 02:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So having been playing the beta, I don't mind it. I just think if it stays how it is, it needs to be off the GCD.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Well sure, if it's off the GCD you just macro it into your abilities and it's a complete non-issue. That is one of the poll choices.

That said, there is no way they're taking it off the GCD. I put it in the poll simply because it's what a lot of people want. But that isn't gonna happen.

Make it a PvP talent. If there's anything out there that makes sense for being a PvP talent, it's this. Otherwise delete it entirely. Of all the things that have ever been removed from the game, I can't think of anything that's brought me more joy than the removal of Hunter's Mark. If it's on the GCD, it's painful to have to apply it constantly. If it's off the GCD or applied by something else, we just macro and forget it and it might as well not exist except to lower our dps on secondary AoE targets.

ETA: I am in the beta. It sucks.

Yep, I'm in the beta too. Hate it a lot.

Really though, hunters don't need to be in the beta to know exactly how HM feels there, many of us have played for over a decade. HM always worked that way, and for me, it was a pure joy when it was pruned.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Instead of +5% damage it should be +10 yard range to the target. So it still has purpose and helps a bit but it isn't utterly necessary on every target swap.
    I LOVE this idea. Make us true snipers.
    And on second thought, this would be a nice, unique utility for hunters. Picking up/picking off mobs spawned at the far side of a room, or interrupting a healer at the back of the arena that thinks they're safe. I think it would be awkward for Survival, though, what with the melee limitations.
    Last edited by Rustov; 2020-08-13 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustov View Post
    I LOVE this idea. Make us true snipers.
    And on second thought, this would be a nice, unique utility for hunters. Picking up/picking off mobs spawned at the far side of a room, or interrupting a healer at the back of the arena that thinks they're safe. I think it would be awkward for Survival, though, what with the melee limitations.
    Eh, +10y range unfortunately looks far too good not to have mandatory hunter in raid groups to pick up mobs faster from safer distance and misdirect them to Tanks.
    That would put MM's range to at least 46y range, further increased by mastery. 30y range + 6y base mastery + 10y Hunters mark.

For Survival lets say having + 10% leech to help them survive in melee? or 5% leech and 5% movement speed?

But i really dont mind being +5% damage, just make it off GCD so i can macro it, or having "Hunters Mark Level 2" at level 60 that makes our cleave/aoe spread HM to nearby targets in 8-10y range.
    In its current form its just.. pain in the butt and extremely annoyboring button on my bar, having to pre-cast it before pulls.

I am in the, "keep it for pvp purposes but remove the damage component part". That being said I really think blizz will leave HM as is, I don't see them making HM "more fun" just keep it for pvp etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Eh, +10y range unfortunately looks far too good not to have mandatory hunter in raid groups to pick up mobs faster from safer distance and misdirect them to Tanks.
    That would put MM's range to at least 46y range, further increased by mastery. 30y range + 6y base mastery + 10y Hunters mark.

For Survival lets say having + 10% leech to help them survive in melee? or 5% leech and 5% movement speed?

But i really dont mind being +5% damage, just make it off GCD so i can macro it, or having "Hunters Mark Level 2" at level 60 that makes our cleave/aoe spread HM to nearby targets in 8-10y range.
    In its current form its just.. pain in the butt and extremely annoyboring button on my bar, having to pre-cast it before pulls.
    MM Hunters had a 50+ yard range in Legion due to Mastery stacking with how it increased your damage so much. Think there was also something that increased your damage the further you were away, which was counterintuitive to some raid bosses as your healers would get very upset for you being out of range of their healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    MM Hunters had a 50+ yard range in Legion due to Mastery stacking with how it increased your damage so much. Think there was also something that increased your damage the further you were away, which was counterintuitive to some raid bosses as your healers would get very upset for you being out of range of their healing.
    Yea, theres that too.
    I dont mind MM having version of HM that adds range. In fact i would like to see a different version of HM for every spec, MM gets more range, BM gets a bit of haste to help them with Frenzy uptime and Survival can get leech. Just make it off the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I am in the, "keep it for pvp purposes but remove the damage component part". That being said I really think blizz will leave HM as is, I don't see them making HM "more fun" just keep it for pvp etc...
    True. Im too in that ball park. But as blizz doesnt like fun things and most probably wont change HM next best thing is to make it off the GCD so i can macro the s*it out of it with every spell

I'm down with utility like range and leech, but haste for BM would make it mandatory again. Even more so actually, because you'd use it on AE groups also. My ideal would be to remove the 5% damage debuff and replace with something like:

- Marks: +10% leech and +10% dodge versus the marked target
    - BM: Pet gets +10% leech and the hunter gains +15% AE avoidance versus the marked target
    - Survival: +15% leech and +6 yard range (including melee abilities) versus the marked target

So Marks would use it soloing and in PvP, BM would use it soloing and in raids, and Survival would use it for well, survivability and convenience. Each one adds a bit of flavor and helps out where the spec is weakest.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-08-18 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how anyone can enjoy abilities like Hunter's Mark post-GCD changes. I've played a hunter since '04 and all the time we went without HM, I didn't miss it tbqh. It wasn't very exciting to see it brought back in BfA. Honestly, I'd trade Legion MM playstyle for what we have now/pre-patch.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Thing that really bothers me how is that Mages get a GCD taken away and have Rune I’d Power baked into their big CD abilities. We gain a GCD that doesn’t even do damage. Hell, I’d prefer just an automatic HM to apply at the beginning of something like BW, TS, CA for each respective spec. At least then it’s not another ability where we use and then have to wait to do damage. For specs like MM and SV it’s not as bad, but with BM where you already have a GCD applied to BW it’s just another one that makes some players not happy.

Taking it off the GCD is completely pointless, it just turns it from an ability into a macro. You macro it onto any hard hitting ability you have, or every ability you have since you dont want to be attacking anything without it.
    A better solution to taking it off the GCD is to just bake it into one of our current rotational abilities, something like aimed shot or kill command. Maybe even reduce its duration and turn it into a mechanic, though that starts to deviate into different territory and might upset players who just want more keybinds.

Having an ability that you need up all the time off GCD is a fucking stupid design decision, you literally just macro it into everything, that drags macroing into core gameplay.

I wouldn't mind if the gameplay was paced down a little across all the classes. I can't really say I enjoy the ability spamfest retail WoW has become.