View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change it! Remove the 5% damage debuff so it isn't required in PvE but is cool for PvP.

    136 38.97%
  • Change it! Make it deal damage so it feels better, the same treatment as Blade Flurry.

    11 3.15%
  • Change it! Give it a raid debuff of some kind.

    21 6.02%
  • Change it! Take it off the GCD.

    103 29.51%
  • Change it! In some other way, I'll post my idea below.

    17 4.87%
  • Keep it! (I play Classic exclusively.)

    3 0.86%
  • Keep it! (I play both Live and Classic.)

    19 5.44%
  • Keep it! (I do not play Classic.)

    23 6.59%
  • I don't care one way or the other!

    16 4.58%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    other classes do also have stuff similar to HM. Outlaw Rogue got an attack that increase their crit change and damage on only ONE target. So Blizzard will also balance Outlaw Rogues single target damage around that ability, just like HM. A lot of classes have stuff like this.
    Yes, and that's fine. If Hunter's Mark actually did damage (call it Marked Shot, that name is available!) I'd be cool with it. That isn't my preferred solution and nobody else seems to love it either as it only got 2 votes in the poll. But it would be a huge improvement.

    My main objection isn't the 5% damage debuff in of itself, it's that pressing that button feels bad because that's all it does.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-09-04 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    My main objection isn't the 5% damage debuff in of itself, it's that pressing that button feels bad because that's all it does.
    To be honest, I have been playing with it for a while on Beta and it feels completely fine. I agree that it would feel better if the ability itself did some damage but it is really not a big deal that it doesn't. Especially on AOE we got a lot of unused GCDs so having to use one switching targets is completely fine. It is not at all a big problem like people in here make it out to be. It plays completely and people just need to get used to it. I pretty sure that no one is going to complain about it after a while because it's not an issue at all in practice.

  3. #143
    That is your opinion and that is completely valid. I disagree, as do 183 other hunters in the poll.

  4. #144
    Taking it off the GCD is a simple and elegant solution imo. I'm all for having more options/spells in our toolkit. But being on the GCD, in this state, feels mandatory and all it does is it clutters the rotation.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliarne View Post
    Taking it off the GCD is a simple and elegant solution imo. I'm all for having more options/spells in our toolkit. But being on the GCD, in this state, feels mandatory and all it does is it clutters the rotation.
    Taking it off the GCD does not make any sense. If we can macro it to all of our abilities, HM would effectively disappear as an ability from our toolkit, basically making it a passive bonus. Blizzard needs to rework it by either removing the damage buff component from it to be useful in anti stealth roles in PvP only, or scrapping the idea altogether. But right now HM implementation feels very lazy and counterproductive to the class. Mark my words (pun intended), before long we will see a legendary that will allow arcane shot (or steady, or cobra, makes no difference) to apply HM automatically. I guess the person who develops hunters and their abilities since Legion is still in charge. And time and time again we will see basic gameplay functionality be fixed through almost mandatory legendaries and/or effects in future updates.

    "Marking dye"
    The effectiveness of Hunter's Mark increases by 50% (to 7.5% from 5%) and it can now be applied by your single target shots and Kill Command.

    There, a top seller legendary. Feel free to use it Blizz, no strings attached, you have my permission.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2020-09-10 at 06:25 PM.

  6. #146
    Right, there's essentially zero chance they take it off the GCD for exactly the reason you mentioned. That's on the poll just because lots of hunters want it.

    Preferred fix from posters both here and on the beta forums is to remove the 5% debuff. That's my preference also.

  7. #147
    I can't wait to have an extra GCD before I can attack each and every target. Thanks Blizz, Hunter's Mark is going to be super popular and every Hunter is going to love it.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I can't wait to have an extra GCD before I can attack each and every target. Thanks Blizz, Hunter's Mark is going to be super popular and every Hunter is going to love it.
    bro, its ICONIC!!! did you not play classic! it gives me nostalgia, that means its good!

    Im fine with them bringing back the essense of older abilities, but porting them in as they were expecting them to fit into the modern system is just a terrible idea.
    It could be fine as a medium CD ability or as pure utility, but forcing it back into the spec is pretty clumsy

  9. #149
    Remove the cd and gcd OR have another shot also apply it

  10. #150
    IMO they should just keep it without the damage amp. Keeps the 'iconic aspect' in game, still useful for PvP, but not annoying in PvE.
    Maybe give it a Quality of Life aspect instead of a DPS aspect. (e.g. +10y range on marked targets)

    Removing it off the GCD or having it applied by other abilities will be nearly as bad; it would make it easier to apply, but it will not fix the fact that the damage amp is a bad balancing factor for AoE.

    That said; I frankly don't think it will be the massive issue gameplay wise that people make it out to be.

    Is it annoying? Yes, putting up non-interactive damage amps before each fight is lame; but it's workable.
    On single target fights you generally have time to apply it before entering combat (think raid/dungeon bosses)
    On trash with a priority target pretty much the same, target the prio target and cleave off him if needed, it's what you'd normally do anyway
    For AoE pulls you might want to apply a HM before you engage, but unless they live for 10+ seconds it won't be worth the GCD to swap it around so its not worth bothering.

    I think the only time it's really annoying is when you add a big target / prio target in mid combat. (E.g. the mob that will spawn on the new prideful affix).
    Or when you're running around in the world to farm stuff as it can slow down the pace, but should you really bother with a +5% dmg amp here ?
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2020-09-27 at 09:03 AM.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    IMO they should just keep it without the damage amp. Keeps the 'iconic aspect' in game, still useful for PvP, but not annoying in PvE.
    Maybe give it a Quality of Life aspect instead of a DPS aspect. (e.g. +10y range on marked targets)

    Removing it off the GCD or having it applied by other abilities will be nearly as bad; it would make it easier to apply, but it will not fix the fact that the damage amp is a bad balancing factor for AoE.

    That said; I frankly don't think it will be the massive issue gameplay wise that people make it out to be.

    Is it annoying? Yes, putting up non-interactive damage amps before each fight is lame; but it's workable.
    On single target fights you generally have time to apply it before entering combat (think raid/dungeon bosses)
    On trash with a priority target pretty much the same, target the prio target and cleave off him if needed, it's what you'd normally do anyway
    For AoE pulls you might want to apply a HM before you engage, but unless they live for 10+ seconds it won't be worth the GCD to swap it around so its not worth bothering.

    I think the only time it's really annoying is when you add a big target / prio target in mid combat. (E.g. the mob that will spawn on the new prideful affix).
    Or when you're running around in the world to farm stuff as it can slow down the pace, but should you really bother with a +5% dmg amp here ?
    Part of the issue now is that there is an endurance conduit that makes it so your marked target does reduced damage to you by 3% with the top rank granting 10%. This is probably going to be the go to Endurance Conduit simply because on a boss fight being able to have all the boss abilities damage reduced by 10% is an incredible damage reduction thru an entire fight. The only way to make it not mandatory (and borderline useless in PvE) would be to make it direct attacks. So with Blizzard making things directly affected by HM I don’t see them making it a Utility only ability affecting Stealth.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Part of the issue now is that there is an endurance conduit that makes it so your marked target does reduced damage to you by 3% with the top rank granting 10%. This is probably going to be the go to Endurance Conduit simply because on a boss fight being able to have all the boss abilities damage reduced by 10% is an incredible damage reduction thru an entire fight. The only way to make it not mandatory (and borderline useless in PvE) would be to make it direct attacks. So with Blizzard making things directly affected by HM I don’t see them making it a Utility only ability affecting Stealth.
    They can just remove it from the table. Or replace it with something else entirely.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Part of the issue now is that there is an endurance conduit that makes it so your marked target does reduced damage to you by 3% with the top rank granting 10%. This is probably going to be the go to Endurance Conduit simply because on a boss fight being able to have all the boss abilities damage reduced by 10% is an incredible damage reduction thru an entire fight. The only way to make it not mandatory (and borderline useless in PvE) would be to make it direct attacks. So with Blizzard making things directly affected by HM I don’t see them making it a Utility only ability affecting Stealth.
    I think this is probably one of the reasons why blizz has not made any moves to take out HM or remove damage boost, keep for pvp etc... I mean people have been complaining about HM ever since it got unpruned and blizz has steadfastly kept HM in. Surely blizz has enough feedback on what many hunters think about HM coming back and yet HM is still on the beta. So I think it is pretty much a given SL will launch with HM returning and no amount of posting here or on the official forums is going to change that.

    We will see what happens to HM when the next great pruning happens.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    They can just remove it from the table. Or replace it with something else entirely.
    True, but it’s actually a very strong personal damage reduction for PvE and PvP, so I hope they would replace it with something equally viable.

  15. #155
    I'm surprised there is no "remove it completely" in the poll.

    Who asked for this boring spell to make a return? Never liked it before and I expect to never like it again. It was removed for a reason...

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    True, but it’s actually a very strong personal damage reduction for PvE and PvP, so I hope they would replace it with something equally viable.
    Oh yes, very much so.

    But the act of taking HM(as a power-up) out of the picture is still barely even noteworthy in terms of the resources required to do so.


    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I'm surprised there is no "remove it completely" in the poll.

    Who asked for this boring spell to make a return? Never liked it before and I expect to never like it again. It was removed for a reason...
    The vast majority of those who want it back, do so because of the utility it provides. And they want access to said utility independent of what spec they play as.

    Very few have voiced any interest in it as a damage-amp. Those who do, seem to not understand how it's not actually going to be a damage-amp, but a nerf to our general output potential.

  17. #157
    What would have been nice, is if HM gave 5% attack power and 5% spell power damage on the marked target to everyone in the party/raid.
    Unfortunately, I can see some issues, such as not only having 1 mandated Hunter but actually 2+ depending on the fight (cleave vs ST vs AoE prio targetting).
    Would be a nice effect to give to Hunters.
    Also, if they are doing the great unpruning, I really would have like to have had Aspect of the Pack back. Gives some utility when moving trash to trash, plus it was always fun trolling your raid group on farm nights with it.

  18. #158
    I kind of like it but it should def be off the GCD.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What would have been nice, is if HM gave 5% attack power and 5% spell power damage on the marked target to everyone in the party/raid.
    Unfortunately, I can see some issues, such as not only having 1 mandated Hunter but actually 2+ depending on the fight (cleave vs ST vs AoE prio targetting).
    Would be a nice effect to give to Hunters.
    Also, if they are doing the great unpruning, I really would have like to have had Aspect of the Pack back. Gives some utility when moving trash to trash, plus it was always fun trolling your raid group on farm nights with it.
    No, Hunters don't need more raid utility. There are classes who need that more.

  20. #160
    Bloodsail Admiral Pigglix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere Far Far Away
    Posts
    1,006
    Agree, hunter is fine on the "utility departament". Just need to make Lone Wolf from WoD to work with the baseline Lone Wolf, making MM more independent from the pests for the utility.

    But..there's still hope that they will remove the dmg bonus from hunter's mark.....it is still beta...

    And hope they will make MM rotation feel smooth to play....hope they will make Trueshot Aura a good cd to hit.....hope they will give windburst animation to aimed shot or replace aimed shot with windburst or rework aimed shot animation to feel more meaty or both rework aimed shot animation and give windburst baseline...

    /nervous chuckles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •