View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
350. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change it! Remove the 5% damage debuff so it isn't required in PvE but is cool for PvP.

136 38.86%
  • Change it! Make it deal damage so it feels better, the same treatment as Blade Flurry.

11 3.14%
  • Change it! Give it a raid debuff of some kind.

21 6.00%
  • Change it! Take it off the GCD.

104 29.71%
  • Change it! In some other way, I'll post my idea below.

17 4.86%
  • Keep it! (I play Classic exclusively.)

3 0.86%
  • Keep it! (I play both Live and Classic.)

19 5.43%
  • Keep it! (I do not play Classic.)

23 6.57%
  • I don't care one way or the other!

16 4.57%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hate it in its current state. I don't see why it dealing damage would be a viable choice on the long run, as it would still bloat the amount of abilities, giving very little back. But I could see it remain as an anti-stealth mechanic for PvP. Still, having Flare and HM feels like a bit too much utility focused only on PvP and only on classes that use stealth.

I would rather see it gone completely and maybe some additional effect added to Flare to compensate for it. Like a 5 sec debuff on a target exposed by Flare, preventing it from going into stealth again. Either by default or through some PvP talents.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    I hate it in its current state. I don't see why it dealing damage would be a viable choice on the long run, as it would still bloat the amount of abilities, giving very little back. But I could see it remain as an anti-stealth mechanic for PvP. Still, having Flare and HM feels like a bit too much utility focused only on PvP and only on classes that use stealth.

I would rather see it gone completely and maybe some additional effect added to Flare to compensate for it. Like a 5 sec debuff on a target exposed by Flare, preventing it from going into stealth again. Either by default or through some PvP talents.
    I feel it has value as an anti stealth utility alongside flare. Both help against the same thing, obviously. But Flare is more of a proactive measure where you can place it in places you assume an unknown rogue or druid is, whereas HM is for when you know the rogue is there and you can target them, and additionally want to know where they are at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to mention a quick interraction that is only really possible when you have both Flare and HM. Using flare to reveal someone in stealth and then targeting them.
    If you didnt have flare you would not be able to target the person, and if you didnt have HM you wouldnt be able to know where the person was after Flare ended.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I really dislike the 20 second cd, it is utterly useless in content where the main enemy dies quickly and that gcd ruins the opener. And to add on to that both MM AND BM needs to use it to really optimize :/

Survival has to use it too. It's a class-wide ability.

Unless you were making a joke that nobody plays survival in which case, haha yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    We did it, guys! Damage debuff removed on the PTR.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318382/...damage-compone
    great change. They could probably add some more utility to it but thats good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    great change. They could probably add some more utility to it but thats good enough.
    A tiny range increase could be useful, though I think it has enough utility already, especially when you factor in the Conduit that makes it so targeted enemies deal less damage to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A tiny range increase could be useful, though I think it has enough utility already, especially when you factor in the Conduit that makes it so targeted enemies deal less damage to you.
    Didnt know about that, that is the kind of utility i had in mind, nothing mandatory but useful when you need it. Just something that makes the keybind worth it.

The only change it should have is give i a 3 second cast time and 3 minute cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    We did it, guys! Damage debuff removed on the PTR.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318382/...damage-compone
    Yep. Finally we won!!

I wonder if they will retune Wild Spirits now that HM doesn't increase damage?

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    Yep. Finally we won!!
    I would have much preferred it if they left the damage component but removed it from GCD, so we can macro it to shit. Instead we now still get one extra button in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I wonder if they will retune Wild Spirits now that HM doesn't increase damage?
    my guess is not. this is the beginning of nerfing hunter damage. mm being silly will probably push them into the ground. along with sub and frost mage. being op in beta is not a good place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I would have much preferred it if they left the damage component but removed it from GCD, so we can macro it to shit. Instead we now still get one extra button in PVP.
    Removing the GCD so we jsut macro it to all relevant abilities would just underline how pointless the ability is though, at that point Blizzard might as well just make it a debuff on whatever enemy we hit.

Removing the damage component was definitely the correct choice. Now it will still be a cool utility spell for PvP and very rare occassion in PvE, but also doesnt have ot be used in combat, and more importantly doesnt give you that creeping feeling you are playing the spec wrong if you don't reapply it at every juncture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    my guess is not. this is the beginning of nerfing hunter damage. mm being silly will probably push them into the ground. along with sub and frost mage. being op in beta is not a good place to be.
    I guess they will retune, if not change Wild Mark slightly.
    Applying HM to loads of enemies at once for the 5% damage boost was an integral part of it. My guess would be that they change it back to how it was before, enemies in the affected area simply takes 5% extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    The problem for many isn't the GCD itself. It's the combination of that coupled with how it affects the class output potential in certain areas of the game, along with the specs particular mechanics.

We would be tuned around having that ST buff, but most likely, having that would also affect our AoE potential. Even though the mark itself is pure ST.

And that's nothing but bad.

Damage removed, so it's now a useless flavor button. I can see the arguments for it, even if I disagree. Historically, we were often the choice for priority targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    It's just that an aoe stealth detection ability is pretty useless overall. They should just revert it to the Wild Mark they had on it a few weeks ago and let Wild Mark retain the damage bonus as a Covenant thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Damage removed, so it's now a useless flavor button. I can see the arguments for it, even if I disagree. Historically, we were often the choice for priority targets.
    It is far from useless. Though the utility is mostly there for PvP there are cases in PvE where it might actually be useful from time to time.
    I would even argue that now that the damage component is gone it is even more useful, since you never have to weigh up the benefits of putting it on a player or mob you don't intend to damage. You instead just use it when needed.

Should just be some ability for each spec that applies it automatically like there used to be, instead the devs just copied and pasted from classic
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Should just be some ability for each spec that applies it automatically like there used to be, instead the devs just copied and pasted from classic
    I prefer the version we have now. It sits nice and comfortably in the niche abilities section of the spellbook, ready to be pulled out for those niche cases where exactly that kind of utility is needed.