Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Question Shadowlands Hunter's Mark

Hunter's Mark is unpruned in Shadowlands as below.

It is on the GCD, meaning it cannot be transparently macroed into other abilities. In its current beta form Hunters will need to spend a GCD on every primary target throughout the expansion and all Hunter single-target abilities will be balanced assuming this 5% debuff is applied.

Code:
    Hunter's Mark
    60 yd range
    Instant 20 sec cooldown
    Requires Hunter
    Requires level 7
    Apply Hunter's Mark to the target, increasing all damage you deal to the marked 
    target by 5%. The target can always be seen and tracked by the Hunter.

Only one Hunter's Mark can be applied at a time.

The cooldown of Hunter's Mark is reset if the target dies.

How do you feel about this?

Edit: Added latest change, it has a 20s cooldown now.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-09-03 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike it a lot, i would prefer it to get the 5% removed or have it out of the GCD, in general, i don't see it as a fun mechanic, and for Survival (right now what i play) feels a little out of place (even if i do have some range attacks)

I'm mostly curious how many people that like this version of HM play Classic. The other (long) thread seemed to have a lot of correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Hunter's Mark is unpruned in Shadowlands as below.

It is on the GCD, meaning it cannot be transparently macroed into other abilities. In its current beta form Hunters will need to spend a GCD on every primary target throughout the expansion and all Hunter single-target abilities will be balanced assuming this 5% debuff is applied.

Code:
    Hunter's Mark
    60 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Hunter
    Requires level 7
    Apply Hunter's Mark to the target, increasing all damage you deal to the marked 
    target by 5%. The target can always be seen and tracked by the Hunter.

Only one Hunter's Mark can be applied at a time.

How do you feel about this?
    how i feel about this ?

2 answers. the first is not so important the second is.

answer 1)
    thanks god i stopped playing hunter a good while ago.

answer 2)
    how i feel ? i feel like Blizz took a time machine, back into somewhere between 2005 and 2008 and forgot EVERYTHING they learned since then.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It might just be nostalgia but I love huntersmark and really enjoyed using it again on classic even if there is no real gameplay impact from it.

IMO it just doesn't fit well in the fast paced gameplay of retail. Just a GCD tax that you pay when you switch targets.

I do enjoy it Classic-BC version of Hunter tho.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It might just be nostalgia but I love huntersmark and really enjoyed using it again on classic even if there is no real gameplay impact from it.
    There is real gameplay impact, though. It's fine if you enjoy it, make your vote!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I love Hunters Mark in BfA and don't see the problem with it. I don't play Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    I love Hunters Mark in BfA and don't see the problem with it. I don't play Classic.
    Note this poll is about Shadowlands, not the BFA version of HM.

Hunters are usually the one alt I find myself being drawn to and enjoy. I don't think I will be with this for the reasons in the OP. But, to be fair, it is not every target. It must be a target that will live for a long enough time that the 5% damage is worth it. In raids this will have very little gameplay impact as such choices are obvious. In Mythic+ it'll have some room for mastering what to mark or not.

But for general casual content it is going to feel as bad as it does in classic.

It's a flavor ability that gives Hunter a little bit of it's old identity back, which I think is nice/fine. However, from a game play perspective, this iteration is tedious AF and not fun at all.

If they REALLY want it in the game I think it should be a passive effect to one of the Hunter's core shots, where using the shot automatically applies Hunter's Mark and it can only be on one enemy at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Very minor issue imo. Just put it on prio targets before pulling trash and then forgetting about reapplying it - not getting a 5% dmg buff on 1 out of X targets really isn't going to make a big difference

- - - Updated - - -

A good alternative - give it a buff (10 or 15%) damage increase and give it duration and CD
    doing 5% less damage on every target but the one with HM is garbage design and shouldnt be in the game

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    doing 5% less damage on every target but the one with HM is garbage design and shouldnt be in the game
    I agree. Did you read my post? I said i probably won't play my hunter in Shadowlands. But you're looking at it backwards, both in design and outcome. If hunter A is marking every target they attack, and hunter B is only marking targets that will be alive long enough to benefit from that 5% and not another GCD, then hunter B will greatly outperform hunter A. Some of these choices are obvious-- don't mark a mob in a swarm of non-elites with like 1k hp each--others are less-so.

Edit: ... you quoted the wrong person and then edited, lol nice.

They will not balance around you having HM on every target, because you can't.
    They absolutely will balance Hunters against having that 5% damage against every primary target. Basically, everything other than AE and low-health adds. If they didn't do that, Hunters would straight-up do 5% more single-target damage than every other class.

Its pretty boring, but free damage on the target you put it on I suppose.

MM in PvE now, use hunters mark, its not a big deal.

Change it!

I would be fine with it not increasing damage and just being useful for PvP. If the 5% damage buff has to stay, then I would rather it be applied by one of our core shots (Arcane, Cobra, etc.). I could alternatively see it being tied to a new shot (Marked Shot?) with a cooldown; That's appealing. But I do not like what they have planned for SLs. Right now Hunter's Mark is an empty prerequisite mechanic. It serves a similar purpose as a DoT for other classes. We do not need more ranged DoT classes.

Change it to either remove the damage buff, being applied with arcane shot or whatever like back in the day or remove the GCD, the last option would still suck though

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should make it apply to all targets within x range of the primary target, similar to how curse of elements worked back in MoP or Cata.

That's implying that every spec does 100% the same damage on a ST fight.

This has literally never happened
    That's their goal. It's just really difficult to hit. When they evaluate Hunter damage on primary targets in the QA cycle, they will assume the 5% debuff is in place. Otherwise they'd be balancing Hunters 5% higher than every other class to start, which is obviously not what they want.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-08-11 at 04:51 PM.