Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's just because we're at the tail-end of an expansion and everybody has tons of rental abilities and secondary stats. When SL launches everything will be super slow again, until the end of that expansion when it won't.

That said, Hunter's Mark has nothing to do with how fast the class plays. It's just an extra GCD to toss in the mix, and unfortunately it's a button that many hunters don't find fun to press.

I agree that it won't be taken off the GCD. Zero chance. I put that in the poll because it's what a lot of people want.

I would like to change it from a annoying GCD button to a cooldown.
    I think a 1 or 2 minute cooldown ability would fit Hunters mark nicely. Maybe make it so you do 20 or 30 % more damage to the target or more Attack speed % for like 20 to 30 seconds.

it's kindof like searing totem.
    you use it because you kindof HAVE to, but it doesn't feel great/amazing to use it, only punishing if you forget to use it.

Yes, it's a button that's always technically worth using and always feels terrible to press. Exactly like Searing Totem. (And Healing Stream totem too.)

should just be a passive or a buff like fort 60min hate extra button

5+ Year Old Account
    A global spent on it every now and then won't kill you.

Lots of stuff sucks but "won't kill you". That's why that isn't the threshold.

I guarantee that when blizz decides to "trim the fat", Hunter's mark will probably be the first to go. So at least for one expansion we get it back, lets say what happens post Shaadowlands.

In an expansion where Blizzard has partitioned AOE classes into 4-target, 8-target, linear AOE, and expontential AOE. Is it really that crazy to think that they would be OK with Hunters having an edge on Patchwerk style fights?

Like it's literally 5% extra damage that the hunter is going to do IF there are no other mobs to attack. This is ONLY gonna have a significant impact on fights with 1 target, that is alive for more than 30 seconds.

Think about this in the context of BFA dungeons. How many times would that matter in something like King's Rest? On the Bosses and Zul? I think they'll allow it, and hunters will probably be good on single target, which is fine.

Yes, that's crazy. They won't deliberately balance one class 5% above all the others.

Hunter’s Mark was always the worst part about playing a hunter. Not happy to see it come back
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I love that it's back. It's one button click every now and then, it's not going to destroy your enjoyment. And it returns some of the fun flavor that's been lost in favor of the "RAID OR DIE!" "NO GCD's!" "LOOK AT MAH DEEPS!" mindset that's taken over.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-08-19 at 01:20 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

If the effect would be just graphical, it would be flavor. Most would be ok with that.
    If the effect was just to keep opponents out of stealth, it would be a pvp ability. That would also be ok for most.
    If it stays as it is, it is an ability like rune of power - you have to cast it, but it does no damage on its own - and certainly NOT flavor. Especially so since then you'd do 100% damage to the marked target and about 95% damage to everything that isn't marked.

I love it, one of the reasons I'm going back to hunter for SL.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    I love that it's back. It's one button click every now and then, it's not going to destroy your enjoyment. And it returns some of the fun flavor that's been lost in favor of the "RAID OR DIE!" "NO GCD's!" "LOOK AT MAH DEEPS!" mindset that's taken over.
    oh wow so fun to put HM on every mob you switch to. i realy love doing less damage on every mob but the one i marked.

but doesnt surprise me with their garbage design the past few years

Nothing to do with design over the past few years, HM is from the Shadowlands unpruning effort, something completely new for WoW. Blizzard saw Classic's success and thought maybe that was why WoW subscriptions have fallen over the years, quality of life was too high. So they had a mandate to make live more like Classic.

I mean, they're wrong about that, obviously. Population dropped because it's a 16 year old game and that's what happens. But that's the thought process.

In thinking about it. It isnt just that having to recast Hunter's Mark on every new mob is simply annoying, I would also say that making it integral to the core rotation lessens it. Without the 5% damage component it would actually be a niche ability that has value in PvP and some rare PvE situations. Utility abilities are rarely made better by including a DPS element.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could just, idk, leave hunter's mark alone and make your multi shot/whatever is called the aoe from surv that is not bombs, spread the hunter's mark up to 5 targets, baseline, like, rank 3 multi shot/aoe surv now spread the hunter's mark from the original target to 4 targets. Problem solved.

Or if that gets too op because of "muh stealth, wtf blizz", remove the stealth/permanent duration component of hunter's mark from the spreaded hunter's mark, only leaving that function to the "original" hunter's mark.

Or hell, if that gets too confusing, rename the spreaded hunter's mark to marked shots, w/e, but applying the 5% dmg aura to whatever is hit.
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2020-08-24 at 06:44 AM.

Sure, and they have had abilities passively apply HM in past expansions and it worked fine, but then it wouldn't be a full unprune. They want it to work just like Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Sure, and they have had abilities passively apply HM in past expansions and it worked fine, but then it wouldn't be a full unprune. They want it to work just like Classic.
    Classic has a lot FEWER keys than retail.

It's not really an unpruning if they just give back abilities on top of already existing other abilities that have been added over the years. This is what I find really stupid. "But, bro, we had this and that for years". YES! And in time, this and that were replaced with other abilities, and now we have way more abilities than we had in the beginning, so to add back that which was removed on top of what we have now is not an unpruning, it's just CLUTTER!