Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If there gonna scale hunters to do 100% damage without the make I don’t see a problem with it as it’s just a bonus that you can swap every 20 sec or on death.

Just take it off GCD.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

why is "just remove it" not a selection

Also the take it off gcd is just stupid, if its off gcd it will be macro'd to every ability and at that point ya may as well just remove it
    Last edited by Aigilas; 2020-09-03 at 05:19 AM.

They actually went and made it worse, unbelieveable

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If there gonna scale hunters to do 100% damage without the make I don’t see a problem with it as it’s just a bonus that you can swap every 20 sec or on death.
    Blizzard overall balancing is so bad anyway. Right now 95 % hunter damage is more than 100 % rogue damage. Especially in dungeons.

Just get rid of it. It is a mere annoying busy work on the gcd for target switching and if you take it off the gcd/no cd you're just macro'ing it to your ST abilities. At the very least remove the damage component and have it provide tracking/negate stealth so it isn't a pita but has a practical use.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Just get rid of it. It is a mere annoying busy work on the gcd for target switching and if you take it off the gcd/no cd you're just macro'ing it to your ST abilities. At the very least remove the damage component and have it provide tracking/negate stealth so it isn't a pita but has a practical use.
    This is quite literally all they have to do but seem to have ignored and looking at the feedback forum this has been mentioned so many times

Turning it into a passive (whatever you're currently attacking is marked) seems ideal. Not sure why that common suggestion isn't on the poll?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard overall balancing is so bad anyway. Right now 95 % hunter damage is more than 100 % rogue damage. Especially in dungeons.
    After the tubing passes obviously going off of beta numbers yet to be tuned is pointless.

That (obviously) is not how it works. They aren't going to tune hunters to do 5% more damage than everybody else with HM.

The balance goal is for everybody to do the same damage. Of course they never actually achieve that, but that's the goal. Hunter single-target damage will be tuned assuming the HM debuff is active.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-09-03 at 04:07 PM.

After the tubing passes obviously going off of beta numbers yet to be tuned is pointless.
    I was more referring to live BFA. Currently some classes are doing 20-30% more dps than others. Of course we have corruption right now but with all the covenant systems we will like see something similar in SL. Blizzard are not going to be able to balance the game very well with all these layers they are adding. My point is, there are a lot of people mad because they will only do 95% dps to targets without HM but we don’t know how much dps those 95% is. With Blizzard shitty balance, 95% hunter damage might be more than 100% damage of other classes. Especially in AOE situations because they don’t have to balance beast cleave etc based on HM.

I was more referring to live BFA. Currently some classes are doing 20-30% more dps than others. Of course we have corruption right now but with all the covenant systems we will like see something similar in SL. Blizzard are not going to be able to balance the game very well with all these layers they are adding. My point is, there are a lot of people mad because they will only do 95% dps to targets without HM but we don’t know how much dps those 95% is. With Blizzard shitty balance, 95% hunter damage might be more than 100% damage of other classes. Especially in AOE situations because they don’t have to balance beast cleave etc based on HM.
    5% ST damage is still not insignificant though. Sure, it probably won't mean much in the grand scheme if we assume bad balancing will be a thing, but it would still be more reassuring if Blizzard removed the damage component from HM and balanced around it. If AoE damage is the concern then they could just nerf Multi-shot.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, you will need to use Hunter's Mark on every non-AE pull this entire expansion. It's a button that I, and many hunters, don't find fun to press because it does nothing but allow you to do your full damage. It doesn't do any damage itself or have any synergies. It's just busywork, adding a GCD to every single target you attack for the next 2 years.

Right, it's on the GCD so it cannot be macroed into other abilities.
    Fun is subjective. As a vanilla huntard (not playing classic) for me it's a class defining core ability. I had great pride marking mobs for my raid team and the "it costs a global CD" argument sounds dumb to me. During a boss fight other classes also have raid benefiting offensive/defensive abilities they have to waste GC on. Welcome to the club.

Also we used to macro it with the pet attack button, pets needed a few sec headstart to hold agro anyway, or made them switch/focus target faster in raids. I know it's not a thing anymore, but im sure hunters will figure out something

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    In regards to the nerfed SV hunter focus regen, I swore I read somewhere that the slow focus regen was a bug and would be fixed in the next patch-if that is the case I hope that is true.

Back to HM, I remember in one expansion (Panda one maybe...) I think it was arcane shot or one of one of the other shots that all 3 specs shared, that automatically applied HM, I wonder why blizz didn't go that route when they brought HM back.
    cus they are catering to the classic crowd that doesn't like qol

lol @ the post above me, some people are happy being clerics and bards

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Fun is subjective. As a vanilla huntard (not playing classic) for me it's a class defining core ability. I had great pride marking mobs for my raid team and the "it costs a global CD" argument sounds dumb to me. During a boss fight other classes also have raid benefiting offensive/defensive abilities they have to waste GC on. Welcome to the club.

Also we used to macro it with the pet attack button, pets needed a few sec headstart to hold agro anyway, or made them switch/focus target faster in raids. I know it's not a thing anymore, but im sure hunters will figure out something
    The problem is that Hunter's mark is firstly one you have to reapply in the case of important adds, and second and most important, only important to yourself.
    In the case of the current raid buffs you either automatically reapplly it, or you only use it again during a fight if someone dies and is ressurected.

If Hunter's Mark was a raid buff that gave increased damage for the rest of the group then sure, but as it is it doesnt.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    That (obviously) is not how it works. They aren't going to tune hunters to do 5% more damage than everybody else with HM.

The balance goal is for everybody to do the same damage. Of course they never actually achieve that, but that's the goal. Hunter single-target damage will be tuned assuming the HM debuff is active.
    Don’t see why they wouldn’t it’s not like there isn’t a 5% or more gap between some specs most of the time and it’s not like hunters have the best aoe or on demand damage like some other classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Ya then we don’t really know how things will play out with all theses systems after tuning is done.

Don’t see why they wouldn’t it’s not like there isn’t a 5% or more gap between some specs most of the time and it’s not like hunters have the best aoe or on demand damage like some other classes.
    Seriously?

Because hunters don't deserve to be the best class in the game. That screws over everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    5% ST damage is still not insignificant though. Sure, it probably won't mean much in the grand scheme if we assume bad balancing will be a thing, but it would still be more reassuring if Blizzard removed the damage component from HM and balanced around it. If AoE damage is the concern then they could just nerf Multi-shot.
    I dont think they balance multishot, beast cleave etc. around HM anyway. It would make no sense if they did since HM only really affect single target abilities.

Seriously?

Because hunters don't deserve to be the best class in the game. That screws over everybody else.
    Oh come on, it isnt that difficult to apply HM... even on a short CD, their damage is always balanced around the tools they have und where they want it to be.

They look at raid data and if Hunters need a 2% buff, they'll give it. It's not like hunters are weak or not used/played. Every spec has some inconviences. Many would ask that hunters get more casts and cant cast while moving. In fact BM is currently too strong considering how easy it is (noone can deny this).

Applying HM is part of your toolkit. You won't cast HM on every target (it's anyways impossible) and you wont be casting it on adds that die in 4 sec. It doesnt mean that you cannot do good focus damage.

Just think of other specs that gotta debuff every target before dealing damage. E.g. an elemental shaman has to apply flame shock first on every focus target because having no flame shock is much much more dps loss than 5%. A hunter will just not apply HM and deal 4.7% less damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously?

Classes should have strengths and weaknesses I don’t see a problem giving hunter a ST boost if other classes are stronger in other places.