Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Remove the cd and gcd OR have another shot also apply it

IMO they should just keep it without the damage amp. Keeps the 'iconic aspect' in game, still useful for PvP, but not annoying in PvE.
    Maybe give it a Quality of Life aspect instead of a DPS aspect. (e.g. +10y range on marked targets)

Removing it off the GCD or having it applied by other abilities will be nearly as bad; it would make it easier to apply, but it will not fix the fact that the damage amp is a bad balancing factor for AoE.

That said; I frankly don't think it will be the massive issue gameplay wise that people make it out to be.

Is it annoying? Yes, putting up non-interactive damage amps before each fight is lame; but it's workable.
    On single target fights you generally have time to apply it before entering combat (think raid/dungeon bosses)
    On trash with a priority target pretty much the same, target the prio target and cleave off him if needed, it's what you'd normally do anyway
    For AoE pulls you might want to apply a HM before you engage, but unless they live for 10+ seconds it won't be worth the GCD to swap it around so its not worth bothering.

I think the only time it's really annoying is when you add a big target / prio target in mid combat. (E.g. the mob that will spawn on the new prideful affix).
    Or when you're running around in the world to farm stuff as it can slow down the pace, but should you really bother with a +5% dmg amp here ?
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2020-09-27 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    IMO they should just keep it without the damage amp. Keeps the 'iconic aspect' in game, still useful for PvP, but not annoying in PvE.
    Maybe give it a Quality of Life aspect instead of a DPS aspect. (e.g. +10y range on marked targets)

Removing it off the GCD or having it applied by other abilities will be nearly as bad; it would make it easier to apply, but it will not fix the fact that the damage amp is a bad balancing factor for AoE.

That said; I frankly don't think it will be the massive issue gameplay wise that people make it out to be.

Is it annoying? Yes, putting up non-interactive damage amps before each fight is lame; but it's workable.
    On single target fights you generally have time to apply it before entering combat (think raid/dungeon bosses)
    On trash with a priority target pretty much the same, target the prio target and cleave off him if needed, it's what you'd normally do anyway
    For AoE pulls you might want to apply a HM before you engage, but unless they live for 10+ seconds it won't be worth the GCD to swap it around so its not worth bothering.

I think the only time it's really annoying is when you add a big target / prio target in mid combat. (E.g. the mob that will spawn on the new prideful affix).
    Or when you're running around in the world to farm stuff as it can slow down the pace, but should you really bother with a +5% dmg amp here ?
    Part of the issue now is that there is an endurance conduit that makes it so your marked target does reduced damage to you by 3% with the top rank granting 10%. This is probably going to be the go to Endurance Conduit simply because on a boss fight being able to have all the boss abilities damage reduced by 10% is an incredible damage reduction thru an entire fight. The only way to make it not mandatory (and borderline useless in PvE) would be to make it direct attacks. So with Blizzard making things directly affected by HM I don’t see them making it a Utility only ability affecting Stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Part of the issue now is that there is an endurance conduit that makes it so your marked target does reduced damage to you by 3% with the top rank granting 10%. This is probably going to be the go to Endurance Conduit simply because on a boss fight being able to have all the boss abilities damage reduced by 10% is an incredible damage reduction thru an entire fight. The only way to make it not mandatory (and borderline useless in PvE) would be to make it direct attacks. So with Blizzard making things directly affected by HM I don’t see them making it a Utility only ability affecting Stealth.
    They can just remove it from the table. Or replace it with something else entirely.

I think this is probably one of the reasons why blizz has not made any moves to take out HM or remove damage boost, keep for pvp etc... I mean people have been complaining about HM ever since it got unpruned and blizz has steadfastly kept HM in. Surely blizz has enough feedback on what many hunters think about HM coming back and yet HM is still on the beta. So I think it is pretty much a given SL will launch with HM returning and no amount of posting here or on the official forums is going to change that.

We will see what happens to HM when the next great pruning happens.

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    They can just remove it from the table. Or replace it with something else entirely.
    True, but it’s actually a very strong personal damage reduction for PvE and PvP, so I hope they would replace it with something equally viable.

I'm surprised there is no "remove it completely" in the poll.

Who asked for this boring spell to make a return? Never liked it before and I expect to never like it again. It was removed for a reason...

True, but it’s actually a very strong personal damage reduction for PvE and PvP, so I hope they would replace it with something equally viable.
    Oh yes, very much so.

But the act of taking HM(as a power-up) out of the picture is still barely even noteworthy in terms of the resources required to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I'm surprised there is no "remove it completely" in the poll.

Who asked for this boring spell to make a return? Never liked it before and I expect to never like it again. It was removed for a reason...
    The vast majority of those who want it back, do so because of the utility it provides. And they want access to said utility independent of what spec they play as.

Very few have voiced any interest in it as a damage-amp. Those who do, seem to not understand how it's not actually going to be a damage-amp, but a nerf to our general output potential.

What would have been nice, is if HM gave 5% attack power and 5% spell power damage on the marked target to everyone in the party/raid.
    Unfortunately, I can see some issues, such as not only having 1 mandated Hunter but actually 2+ depending on the fight (cleave vs ST vs AoE prio targetting).
    Would be a nice effect to give to Hunters.
    Also, if they are doing the great unpruning, I really would have like to have had Aspect of the Pack back. Gives some utility when moving trash to trash, plus it was always fun trolling your raid group on farm nights with it.

I kind of like it but it should def be off the GCD.

What would have been nice, is if HM gave 5% attack power and 5% spell power damage on the marked target to everyone in the party/raid.
    Unfortunately, I can see some issues, such as not only having 1 mandated Hunter but actually 2+ depending on the fight (cleave vs ST vs AoE prio targetting).
    Would be a nice effect to give to Hunters.
    Also, if they are doing the great unpruning, I really would have like to have had Aspect of the Pack back. Gives some utility when moving trash to trash, plus it was always fun trolling your raid group on farm nights with it.
    No, Hunters don't need more raid utility. There are classes who need that more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree, hunter is fine on the "utility departament". Just need to make Lone Wolf from WoD to work with the baseline Lone Wolf, making MM more independent from the pests for the utility.

But..there's still hope that they will remove the dmg bonus from hunter's mark.....it is still beta...

And hope they will make MM rotation feel smooth to play....hope they will make Trueshot Aura a good cd to hit.....hope they will give windburst animation to aimed shot or replace aimed shot with windburst or rework aimed shot animation to feel more meaty or both rework aimed shot animation and give windburst baseline...

/nervous chuckles.

I hate it in its current state. I don't see why it dealing damage would be a viable choice on the long run, as it would still bloat the amount of abilities, giving very little back. But I could see it remain as an anti-stealth mechanic for PvP. Still, having Flare and HM feels like a bit too much utility focused only on PvP and only on classes that use stealth.

I would rather see it gone completely and maybe some additional effect added to Flare to compensate for it. Like a 5 sec debuff on a target exposed by Flare, preventing it from going into stealth again. Either by default or through some PvP talents.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    I hate it in its current state. I don't see why it dealing damage would be a viable choice on the long run, as it would still bloat the amount of abilities, giving very little back. But I could see it remain as an anti-stealth mechanic for PvP. Still, having Flare and HM feels like a bit too much utility focused only on PvP and only on classes that use stealth.

I would rather see it gone completely and maybe some additional effect added to Flare to compensate for it. Like a 5 sec debuff on a target exposed by Flare, preventing it from going into stealth again. Either by default or through some PvP talents.
    I feel it has value as an anti stealth utility alongside flare. Both help against the same thing, obviously. But Flare is more of a proactive measure where you can place it in places you assume an unknown rogue or druid is, whereas HM is for when you know the rogue is there and you can target them, and additionally want to know where they are at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to mention a quick interraction that is only really possible when you have both Flare and HM. Using flare to reveal someone in stealth and then targeting them.
    If you didnt have flare you would not be able to target the person, and if you didnt have HM you wouldnt be able to know where the person was after Flare ended.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike the 20 second cd, it is utterly useless in content where the main enemy dies quickly and that gcd ruins the opener. And to add on to that both MM AND BM needs to use it to really optimize :/

Survival has to use it too. It's a class-wide ability.

Unless you were making a joke that nobody plays survival in which case, haha yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    We did it, guys! Damage debuff removed on the PTR.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318382/...damage-compone
    great change. They could probably add some more utility to it but thats good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    great change. They could probably add some more utility to it but thats good enough.
    A tiny range increase could be useful, though I think it has enough utility already, especially when you factor in the Conduit that makes it so targeted enemies deal less damage to you.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A tiny range increase could be useful, though I think it has enough utility already, especially when you factor in the Conduit that makes it so targeted enemies deal less damage to you.
    Didnt know about that, that is the kind of utility i had in mind, nothing mandatory but useful when you need it. Just something that makes the keybind worth it.