Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only change it should have is give i a 3 second cast time and 3 minute cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    We did it, guys! Damage debuff removed on the PTR.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318382/...damage-compone
    Yep. Finally we won!!

I wonder if they will retune Wild Spirits now that HM doesn't increase damage?

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    Yep. Finally we won!!
    I would have much preferred it if they left the damage component but removed it from GCD, so we can macro it to shit. Instead we now still get one extra button in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I wonder if they will retune Wild Spirits now that HM doesn't increase damage?
    my guess is not. this is the beginning of nerfing hunter damage. mm being silly will probably push them into the ground. along with sub and frost mage. being op in beta is not a good place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I would have much preferred it if they left the damage component but removed it from GCD, so we can macro it to shit. Instead we now still get one extra button in PVP.
    Removing the GCD so we jsut macro it to all relevant abilities would just underline how pointless the ability is though, at that point Blizzard might as well just make it a debuff on whatever enemy we hit.

Removing the damage component was definitely the correct choice. Now it will still be a cool utility spell for PvP and very rare occassion in PvE, but also doesnt have ot be used in combat, and more importantly doesnt give you that creeping feeling you are playing the spec wrong if you don't reapply it at every juncture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    my guess is not. this is the beginning of nerfing hunter damage. mm being silly will probably push them into the ground. along with sub and frost mage. being op in beta is not a good place to be.
    I guess they will retune, if not change Wild Mark slightly.
    Applying HM to loads of enemies at once for the 5% damage boost was an integral part of it. My guess would be that they change it back to how it was before, enemies in the affected area simply takes 5% extra damage.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    The problem for many isn't the GCD itself. It's the combination of that coupled with how it affects the class output potential in certain areas of the game, along with the specs particular mechanics.

We would be tuned around having that ST buff, but most likely, having that would also affect our AoE potential. Even though the mark itself is pure ST.

And that's nothing but bad.

Damage removed, so it's now a useless flavor button. I can see the arguments for it, even if I disagree. Historically, we were often the choice for priority targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    It's just that an aoe stealth detection ability is pretty useless overall. They should just revert it to the Wild Mark they had on it a few weeks ago and let Wild Mark retain the damage bonus as a Covenant thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Damage removed, so it's now a useless flavor button. I can see the arguments for it, even if I disagree. Historically, we were often the choice for priority targets.
    It is far from useless. Though the utility is mostly there for PvP there are cases in PvE where it might actually be useful from time to time.
    I would even argue that now that the damage component is gone it is even more useful, since you never have to weigh up the benefits of putting it on a player or mob you don't intend to damage. You instead just use it when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should just be some ability for each spec that applies it automatically like there used to be, instead the devs just copied and pasted from classic

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Should just be some ability for each spec that applies it automatically like there used to be, instead the devs just copied and pasted from classic
    I prefer the version we have now. It sits nice and comfortably in the niche abilities section of the spellbook, ready to be pulled out for those niche cases where exactly that kind of utility is needed.

They wanted it to be an unprune; applying automatically wouldn't fit that. The solution they came to is the same one that the majority hunters wanted, per my poll on these forums. They listened to our feedback.

Which is still kinda shocking to me, a day later.

it's gone. IT'S GONE!! THE 5% damage is GONE!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I know it's basically a pointless thought now after it's gone (still getting goosebumps just thinking about it, I'm getting hyped just because of that, lol):

If Hunter's Mark did damage on application, it would mean you could put characters into combat at 100 yards.
    That would've been so funny. Imagine one shotting low levels from 100 yards away.

Please don't wish for Cata designs to come back. They removed auto HM on arcane shot (iirc it was arcane) because of the useless server side spam it caused, and just baked the damage in.

I'd still like to see it as some kind of priority target button, maybe with a decent cooldown. The problem is, HM works great in Classic, because it's not completely AoE happy. You prioritize targets one by one and burn them down, AoE is for packs that are individually trivial but dangerous in numbers. In retail, AoE is completely bonkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They wanted it to be an unprune; applying automatically wouldn't fit that. The solution they came to is the same one that the majority hunters wanted, per my poll on these forums. They listened to our feedback.

Which is still kinda shocking to me, a day later.
    So basically now it's a almost useless button in a sea of useless buttons they readded in SL....they may as well just delete it again.

More time wasted by the devs because they can't get anything to work well

Guys, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    Yep. Finally we won!!
    Yeah we "won", and our prize was a 5% damage nerf.

So basically now it's a almost useless button in a sea of useless buttons they readded in SL....they may as well just delete it again.

More time wasted by the devs because they can't get anything to work well
    "useless"

PvP says hi.