Thread: PTR Update

PTR Update

Public Test Realm has been updated to 9.0.1.

Realms currently down, though.

I'm actually surprised they're deploying it this early. We may be seeing the pre-patch as early as September. (Which would mean an October-November release date for the expansion.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Prepatch to the PTR...for the unwashed masses who don't have beta
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'm actually surprised they're deploying it this early. We may be seeing the pre-patch as early as September. (Which would mean an October-November release date for the expansion.)
    Seems par the course for September-ish pre-patch and then November expansion indeed.

Cool. I can test the Shadow Priest changes without being invited to beta. Assuming the SP changes will be live for pre-patch

Because I'm genuinely curious: Is this the first time we've seen a prepatch on the PTR before an expansion release date was known?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Cool. I can test the Shadow Priest changes without being invited to beta. Assuming the SP changes will be live for pre-patch
    They God damned better be, LOL.

Because I'm genuinely curious: Is this the first time we've seen a prepatch on the PTR before an expansion release date was known?

- - - Updated - - -

They God damned better be, LOL.
    I haven't decided what I want to play for SL.

It's either Frost Mage, BM Hunter, or Shadow Priest. So hope so.

No EU char copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    No EU char copy?
    Hopefully soon.

Or they forget us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Hopefully soon.

Or they forget us.
    It's there, I've copied a couple so far about 5 minutes ago (just gone midnight UK time). Although I'm currently getting a buggy black screen of nothingnes now.
    e: Just taking forever to load stuff in.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU copy is available.

When I log in the background for character selection screen is black and I have no "Create New Character" button. I tried copying some Live characters and it says Copy Failed instantly. I tried "Copy Account Data" and after loading for 2 minutes it copied my main, but it continues loading (probably intent on spending 1 hour copying all my alts too....) so I closed it and reopened, but my main wasn't there and I still couldn't do anything..... and for some reason the PTR downloaded with 2-3 mb/s whereas my download speed is 20mb/s... all this wait for nothing. I could've played Horizon instead before work... my precious relax time :/

TL;DR: I am in the PTR and cannot play.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    depends how many weeks it is I guess. I reckon prepatch will hit October, run for 4 weeks and we get the expansion November

An October release is now looking somewhat possible. Each pre-patch since WoD (I didn't look back further) seems to land 4-5 weeks before the pre-patch itself lands, & pre-patch tends to last about 3-4 weeks before the expansion launches. If this follows a similar trend, then October is possible, although I'd still wager November is more likely given how much there is to tune.

8.0 PTR: 14/06
    8.0 Release: 17/07

7.0 PTR: 15/06~ (can't find for sure)
    7.0 Release: 19/07

6.0 PTR: 11/9
    6.0 Release: 14/10

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I haven't decided what I want to play for SL.

It's either Frost Mage, BM Hunter, or Shadow Priest. So hope so.
    I'd only endorse BM if you played it and liked it between Uldir and BoD. Until it gets a rework or at least a talent pass it's pretty garbage. Shadow is super fun to play!

Some nice new performance options, you can now set a target frame rate and change the spell density which should help in raids massively.