Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TBC Raiding - Drums of Battle?

https://db.endless.gg/?item=29529

I was in a black temple guild. How come this was never brought up? Almost all the dps should be leather working and you rotate drums of battle to keep it up all the time.

This is never talked about, never brought up. never suggested. Sure was a weird time I guess.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just take shamans dude
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Just take shamans dude
    It stacks with lust / hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Just take shamans dude
    And what? Hero was party only. Either one group got all the shamans rotated into the party or you had one instance of hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Oh, we used those. I was the one who made them for the guild even. Master Leatherworker! Used the other Drums too. Wish we could get profession stuff like that back again.

Though, we also had Shamans. Lots!

Quote Originally Posted by acer1234 View Post
    I was in a black temple guild. How come this was never brought up? Almost all the dps should be leather working and you rotate drums of battle to keep it up all the time.

This is never talked about, never brought up. never suggested. Sure was a weird time I guess.
    Never brought up? not sure what you're smoking because it's always brought up during TBC discussions

Never talk about it? really, from what i remember, everyone and their mother that was a decent raider in tbc knew that shit was broken

Cant think of a single person who wasnt aware of this? It was a pretty hot topic at the time, and obviously part of the reason for the changes not long after.

Well, the hard core people were usually something like jewelcraft (super gems) and engineering or something. I ran a shammy with leatherworking and alchemy. With the mana drums, Mana totem, and extra boosted Mana potions I could spam constant healing with no cares of Mana.

Maybe your guild wasnt very hardcore?

We sure as hell used it. And in sunwell we made it mandatory for almost every single raidmember. Every group in the raid had a drumrotation going.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

your guild sucked

10+ Year Old Account
    You wanna talk about *actually* relatively under-utilized stuff in TBC raiding?

To get our first Brutallus kill we had to use the crafted twohanded LVL60 axe "Nightfall" on our offtanks to debuff him with an increased-magic-damage-taken debuff. It got nerfed, thankfully only after we had already progressed past him. I believe it was one of the first cases where Blizzard actively started nerfing old content to no longer be useful in current-tier raiding (the bastards).

I cant imagine getting the kill if we hadn't used these drums as well. They were a very must-have part of TBC raiding.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    Well, the hard core people were usually something like jewelcraft (super gems) and engineering or something. I ran a shammy with leatherworking and alchemy. With the mana drums, Mana totem, and extra boosted Mana potions I could spam constant healing with no cares of Mana.
    The jewelcrafter only gems weren't a thing until wotlk I think, and I don't remember engi giving a good pve boost. The best professions for a hardcore healer (until they didn't need the mana from alchemy) were alchemy for the mana potion trinket and LW for these drums, it was LW+enchanting for all others because enchanting had enchanter only ring enchants. At least thats how I remember it.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

7+ Year Old Account

Was common knowledge among my group back during TBC.

It was a huge deal.
    Check chat at this vid:

Absolutely was a thing, I remember Preach bringing it up in his M'uru video. If it had been brought up, you'd probably have been in a Sunwell guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Drums were commonly used in Sunwell.

Almost every single time the subject of TBC raiding comes up this is mentioned. Do you enjoy pretending you live in a world where the painfully obvious is an arcane secret so tightly protected by the pro-TBC thought police that you feel compelled to create a thread about this singular negative aspect so everybody can bask in the light of your limitless knowledge?

Like everyone learned leatherworking just for the drums.

I'm not sure about the rest of my raid back then, but for Brutallus we did have a dedicated melee group where everyone was LW with deayed /w macro that told the next person to use their drums, that group also got every BL available (you were allowed to swap ppl between groups back then) it was also the only encounter where shamans were required to totem twist. Wasn't really needed anywhere else. As far as I'm aware, there wasn't any real obsession with parses back then though, so as long as the boss died, no one was really sweating it.