Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    well I was going to make a joke mocking people whining and bitching about "omg they're reusing old models and everything wAHHHH" like an impudent child but it seems I was beat by an actual poster.

Event sounds pretty cool, glad they're bringing back old faces for a flavorful pre-event.
    Not when you are rolling a new character ^^ it´s a pretty decent boost for leveling start.

Event does sound alright to me but I agree with the people asking for something unique: tabard, transmog set, title, mount, even pet (preferably not pet).

Sidenote though: I see that the 1h swords Forgemaster's Many-Fold Rapier and Fear's Heartpiercer both show the Revendreth rapier model in the files here. As far as I can tell, Fear's Heartpiercer is likely a reference to the dagger(!!) Heartpierce from Lady Deathwhisper but I couldn't say what Forgemaster's Many-Fold Rapier is supposed to be other than referencing Forgemaster Garfrost but he never dropped a sword, and the dagger he dropped is called Surgeon Needle. I guess that either means that we get these models early or that some of the items are placeholder which hopefully means an update to the total rewards.

so a lvl 100 dagger is 7 dps ....

does that mean at lvl 20 you get a 1 dps weapon?

do they got up.1dps per 10 ilvl?

LAME

TO SQUISHED

Are you telling me that my formely unique transmog with ~10 years of history will now be available to everyone and their grandma?
    Ruin has come to our family.

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    So basically its purely for people that would like to steam up alts quickly before launch, other then that its a waist of valueble time so far.
    Which is exactly what I'm looking for with my new level 50 Fury Warrior who is iLevel 50, and if I don't have to do the content with any of my old iLevel 100+ BfA characters then all the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why are people expecting the prepatch to be anything different than any other prepatch?
    Their point is that this one IS different. Other than the pet and toy there's nothing to get. Other than TBC(a unique tabard) and Cataclysm(a unique tabard for Alliance, a toy for Horde) every pre-patch event has had armor sets, titles, mounts, and at least in Legion a ridiculously fast way to level alts(although that isn't a big deal anymore because it's so fast now). This event is just a reimagining of WotLK's Scourge Invasion without any of the cool rewards(I still bust out the Arcanite Ripper while waiting to pull bosses in raids).

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post

LAME

TO SQUISHED
    That's a caster Dagger dofus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post

LAME

TO SQUISHED
    Did you not notice the weapon having int on it? This might come as a shock to you but caster weapons have always had low weapon dps because casters don't go around whacking people with their melee weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why are people expecting the prepatch to be anything different than any other prepatch?
    Maybe because I pre patch of a new expansion . And a expansion with delay .

Wait, is this a comprehensive list? No staff/off-hand, or did I miss it?
    What a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So..why are the bosses from wotlk back? We killed them (multiple times in some cases)
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    So basically its purely for people that would like to steam up alts quickly before launch, other then that its a waist of valueble time so far.
    Just like every single other prepatch. Who would have thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Their point is that this one IS different. Other than the pet and toy there's nothing to get. Other than TBC(a unique tabard) and Cataclysm(a unique tabard for Alliance, a toy for Horde) every pre-patch event has had armor sets, titles, mounts, and at least in Legion a ridiculously fast way to level alts(although that isn't a big deal anymore because it's so fast now). This event is just a reimagining of WotLK's Scourge Invasion without any of the cool rewards(I still bust out the Arcanite Ripper while waiting to pull bosses in raids).
    Mop only had a tabard and toy as well and wod only a title and who really cares about tiles? Most of the pre patches haven’t had grand rewards only really wrath legion and bfa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So..why are the bosses from wotlk back? We killed them (multiple times in some cases)
    There undead some one raised them against we see them do it in ICC it’s not unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    its still pointless. my druid has never done a mythic+, anything in the current raid tier or anything higher than LFR prior, and doesnt even have the cloak finished and has an ilvl of 444.68. So who exactly is this gear supposed to be for if its really ilvl 445?
    It's for you. You're not fully decked in ilvl 100. Rares also drop 110 and WB drops 115.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, if all we're really getting is (not even recolored) WoTLK gear with slightly altered names and 445 equivalent stats, then there's no reason to even do it.

A HD version of that set or a whole new set would be kino, though. And/or a Frostwyrm mount (Nightbane recolor) or Midnight recolor.
    Yea i am also amazed how lazy this is. Mind that i say this as someone who has this set - or as much of a set as it is. Nobody can tell me it would have been difficult to release this set again and add the EXISTING missing pieces. But Blizzard - as always - half asses the easiest things.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Yea i am also amazed how lazy this is. Mind that i say this as someone who has this set - or as much of a set as it is. Nobody can tell me it would have been difficult to release this set again and add the EXISTING missing pieces. But Blizzard - as always - half asses the easiest things.
    Even if they were lazy, they could've added the missing Arathi Warfront elite colors.

It would've required 0 work, and it would've given people something worth farming, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    A prepatch event with unique limited time rewards will appease me, like what we've had in the past. Did you not read my post? You fucking clown.
    Toy and pet are unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Even if they were lazy, they could've added the missing Arathi Warfront elite colors.

It would've required 0 work, and it would've given people something worth farming, at least.
    Why in the FUCK did they not give us those sets?! Insane.

Overall I'm just so incredibly disappointed with this pre-patch "event."

I killed 16 - yes - SIXTEEN RARES in Icecrown today and did not get even ONE piece of loot. Just stones. Stones for gear I don’t need, a transmog set that's worse than the one I already have, a pet I don’t want, and a broom that’s usefulness will last only one week. Scourge aren't even invading the capitals. The only good thing about this pre-patch "event" was killing Nathanos.

The best part is that people tote this as a pre-patch meant for gearing up your alts. But it takes over 6 and a half hours to kill all of the rares and get the stones to turn in for just enough commendations to get less than half of the available gear pieces. You might as well just run mythics.

That they’re even trying to pass this off as content is an insult to every single person paying a subscription for this game.
    Last edited by Bootynuzzler; 2020-11-11 at 03:07 AM.

https://i.imgur.com/WSw2nei.png

Couldn't agree more. Giving us the lame looking base set is hardly cause to celebrate, even if the color might be somehwat decent. Well frankly, it's only good for alliance anyway, since the horde versions of the sets were nothing to call home about in the first place... well the blackish horde plate looks somehwat decent I guess.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So, all offhands are shields, nice.