Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Shadowlands Death's Rising Pre-Patch Event Live This Week

Shadowlands Death's Rising Pre-Patch Event Live This Week
    Shadowlands Death's Rising Pre-Patch Event is now live in NA and EU!

• A new quest chain will lead you to Icecrown in Northrend, where you will discover the events leading into Shadowlands.
      • Completing this chain will unlock dailies in the area that reward Argent Commendation.
      • You can use this currency to buy item level 100 gear, Anti-Doom Broom and Putrid Geist.
      • A side quest will direct you to a new world boss in Eastern Plaguelands, Nathanos Blightcaller!
    • Icecrown will also feature rare spawns of WotLK bosses which drop item level 110 catch-up gear.
    • In the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, the Scourge will once again wreak havoc on capital cities for a short period as well!
    • For more information, check out the banners below.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-11-11 at 03:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So is that really it? No meaningful been there done that reward? No reason to resub?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos loot seriously only ilvl 72 or does it scale up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    So is that really it? No meaningful been there done that reward? No reason to resub?
    Pet and catchup gear that has unique transmog(dont know this assuming?),what other stuff did you expect?what did we get in bfa and legon?atleast we are killing nathanos,that alone makes it better than bfa and legion events combined

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    This is a good time also to remind folks to not overlook that there are a few obtainable tabards in the game with porting ability. Namely the Tol Barad tabard and more importantly right now the Argent Tourney tabard which will port you right to the Argent Tourney grounds in Icecrown. The Tol Barad one will port you about 3 steps from the capital city portal, essentially giving you an extra capital city hearth. Both are very useful, the Argent Tourney tabard especially during this event.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Pet and catchup gear that has unique transmog(dont know this assuming?),what other stuff did you expect?what did we get in bfa and legon?atleast we are killing nathanos,that alone makes it better than bfa and legion events combined
    I expected a mount, or unique transmog, but I don't see the unique transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    you're tripping mine is 115

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Nathanos drops item level 115 gear. The original thumbnail was from the PTR, we have updated it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Nathanos drops item level 115 gear. The original thumbnail was from the PTR, we have updated it now.
    Ah okay, thanks!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Not gonna lie, the Tyrande/Nathanos confrontation cutscene is actually pretty well done imo. I was pleasantly surprised. Kudos to the voice actor of Nathanos, he did a fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    We get a toy and a pet and catch up gear that will be essentially invalidates after a few weeks. How much time would you like Devs to spend on a pre-expansion event instead of the actual expansion?

We didn’t need to get anything at all. And if you’re not happy with it, don’t bother with it.

Can US players check out new SL gear through the collections panel now?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Can US players check out new SL gear through the collections panel now?
    they should be able to pester the rares by now and look at the quartermaster's inventory

Finally someone shut him up...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Finally someone shut him up...
    but you heard him out ? he is of course en route to "his lady", so he will say hello in SL to you again.
    yeah, he's a nuisance for quite a while longer than just pre event....

I'm not a big fan of Tyrande, but this woman earned her vengeance!!

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    but you heard him out ? he is of course en route to "his lady", so he will say hello in SL to you again.
    yeah, he's a nuisance for quite a while longer than just pre event....
    Yea, i figured this would happen the moment they announced him as a Boss... But here is hoping he sticks out of our sight till the first content patch at least.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Pretty funny to see that Nathanos does not care at all about his defeat since he knows what will happen.
    He pretty mutch took a teleport into the Shadowlands.

Yea.. as expected. "We kill" him, well not really, and then it's pointless to boot since death is now meaningless in WoW anyway.

Also blizzard can't even give cuntrande a tiny bit of glory eh? Killing Nathanos in an utterly inconsequential way with some of the lamest fight choreography I've seen in a cinematic. They could have at least let her incinerate him with Elune's fury to make it a tini-tiny bit ambiguous if he reached the shadowlands. Just cutting his neck would make sense if this was part of her character progression, but even if we take her mellowing out in the book into account, her SL appearance is all-fury-no-brains again, so it's not much of a progression and more yoyoing up and down.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-10 at 07:51 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yea.. as expected. We "kill" him, well not really, and then it's pointless to boot since death is now meaningless in WoW anyway.
    Yep. Death in warcraft now just means teleported to another realm and live till you die again.