Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? Can't they come up with something original?
    People have been begging for them to bring this back. I for one am super excited and will be waiting for it to go live. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

  2. #342
    Well I know where I’ll be when this happens, 10000 feet in the air on my mount

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you mean it wasn't tested on the PTR before WotLK?
    This is pretty much first time Blizzard tests the pre-expansion event in the PTR. They are usually kept disabled/hidden until they hit the live servers.

  4. #344
    Can they not just have the event linked with warmode? So if you have warmode off the event is not active for you.

    Warmode is a great way to opt out of having to play with the people with primitive schoolyard bully brains. They have their own playground where they can compensate for whatever they need to compensate for by thinking they accomplish something when they disrupt other people. While the rest of us can play in peace. That seems like a decent solution.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    People have been begging for them to bring this back. I for one am super excited and will be waiting for it to go live. >.>
    And? I'm glad you're looking forward to this event however the fact that it had to pulled early back in 2008 due to complaints would suggest that it was not popular with the majority of players.

    Blizzard recycling a twelve year old event, that was canned due to complaints, instead of producing something new and exciting is indicative of how far they've fallen.

  6. #346
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,686
    Shitty executed event. Annoying and tedious.

  7. #347
    Okay, but what is the ETA of the prepatch?

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Players: "Blizzard, bring back the Scourge invasion!"
    Players: "Blizzard, bring back the Scourge invasion!"
    Players: "Blizzard, bring back the Scourge invasion!"
    Players: "Blizzard, bring back the Scourge invasion!"
    Blizzard: "We're bringing back the Scourge invasion!"
    Players: "WTF why can't you be original?"
    Whoa.. you mean different people have different opinions??

  9. #349
    Eh, I appreciate that they're going for nostalgia but the event won't have the same impact as it did in 2008. Nowadays you have everything you need on your vehicle mounts and in your garrison, there's barely any reason to interact with other people in cities. Still, I'm looking forward to experiencing this again.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Well I know where I’ll be when this happens, 10000 feet in the air on my mount
    Yep. Can't wait for the REEEEing when ghoul players can't get anybody anymore because most people who can have opted out by flying above it.

  11. #351
    This event sucks

  12. #352
    This will be for a short time maybe a day or something then is will be cleared of infection. People are complaining but it is only the Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event more people wanted something like this then did not i bet.

  13. #353
    Awesome! I wasn't subbed for the pre wrath even and was so bitter that I missed this. I hope blizzard ignored the minority and keeps the event this way.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by rikku45 View Post
    Awesome! I wasn't subbed for the pre wrath even and was so bitter that I missed this. I hope blizzard ignored the minority and keeps the event this way.
    The minority are the ones who wanted it even back when it was out for the Wrath event. It was just griefing of the majority of the player populace.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? Can't they come up with something original?
    Literally every pre patch event since has been a let down, it's been nearly 12 years since the scourge invasion event, and it is by far the best pre-patch event that has happened, i think it's more than okay for them to bring it back alongside a few new things to do aswell.

    Edit: To avoid griefing they could make it only possible to infect other players when warmode is on.

  16. #356
    I didn't even think of this, but since now people can just fly in Azeroth (when in WotLK you couldn't), the event shouldn't be nearly as large or deadly as it was back in WotLK, No? It will be much harder for zombies to infect other players.
    We each walk a line. Choose yours.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    This is pretty much first time Blizzard tests the pre-expansion event in the PTR. They are usually kept disabled/hidden until they hit the live servers.
    Nope..Did for WOD, Legion and BFA..PTR of pre-expac is norm..

  18. #358
    It was bad back then, glad I could already fly in Outland.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And? I'm glad you're looking forward to this event however the fact that it had to pulled early back in 2008 due to complaints would suggest that it was not popular with the majority of players.

    Blizzard recycling a twelve year old event, that was canned due to complaints, instead of producing something new and exciting is indicative of how far they've fallen.

    I have to agree with Pann on this one. This shit was cut short back in 2008 cause of the complaints. Not sure why anyone would feel it would a success now. I know being on the PTR this shit is already a damn nightmare. Bitches running around and purposely getting everyone infected with the 45 second ghoul debuff, Hordes of ghoul players hanging around the quest givers and waiting for other (NON) infected players to show up is RIDICULOUS. Like how boring. But to each their own. Like one person commented, above in the post, I will do my best to be 500 ft in the air.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I have to agree with Pann on this one. This shit was cut short back in 2008 cause of the complaints. Not sure why anyone would feel it would a success now. I know being on the PTR this shit is already a damn nightmare. Bitches running around and purposely getting everyone infected with the 45 second ghoul debuff, Hordes of ghoul players hanging around the quest givers and waiting for other (NON) infected players to show up is RIDICULOUS. Like how boring. But to each their own. Like one person commented, above in the post, I will do my best to be 500 ft in the air.
    Boring for you, fun for others. Games are to each their own, you make your fun out of it. I had a blast screwing around during first scourge event we had with wotlk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •