Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I never lived through either the Naxxrammas or Wrath pre-event so this is cool for me, but I do think it'll outstay its welcome after a week or two, and would have preferred an original event. We do get some new stuff, but not much apart from a bunch of WQs and Nathanos as a raid boss.

Oh well, at least it's better than pulling a BFA and having the pre-patch contain important story elements that are no longer available. But I'll still maintain that the Legion pre-event was the best among those I experienced.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

If I remember correctly from the wrath event you could talk to the other factions in this form and use either AH. I remember having fun and hanging out in the Barrens snagging people that were transiting through the Crossroads.

An event that is only enjoyable at the expense of other players. Oh boy!
    Would the event be fun if players could opt out? No.
    Would the event be fun if it was phased like War mode so you can not grief your own faction members unless they signed up for the mode? No.

Would anyone enjoy this event if they could not grief others? No fucking way.

Sounds like this event is very much in line with their own policies:
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/42673
    Behaviour
    Behaviour that intentionally detracts from others' enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect, and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behaviour is determined by player reports and Blizzard's decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.
    Considering that it is a way to bypass PvP ruleset and opt outs, enourages ganking, disrupting normal gameplay and locking other players out of progressing and in-game services etc.
    So if all that is fine during these events why would it not be normally?

10+ Year Old Account
    seems familiar

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Whatever you say, kid.

Do you feel cool?

Time to repost two posts from 10 years ago. I believe I was logged out in the middle of nowhere in Zangarmarsh until the garbage was over. I may do it on my dead server at 3 am just to get the achievement.

"I hated the preWotLk event with a passion. jerks infecting me and everyone else regardless of city I couldn't do anything on the AH so I stayed logged off in a remote zone after my ? time dying until the event was over."

"I hated the preWotLk event with a burning passion. I rage logged many times during that BS. I tried to spend most of my time in zones that weren't bothered by that garbage."

Unsurprisingly enough,the usual suspects are whining because they can't stand not having the game being a streamlined,sterile,flat experience at all times. Fun is not allowed

This is awesome!! I never got to participate in the wrath event so I'm pretty stoked about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Something pertaining to Shadowlands forces. The Jailer, the Maw.

Thinly veiled nostalgiawank is thinly veiled.
    The jailer is fucking around in the maw and the mawsworn kyrians are who abduct our leaders. Undead running around gives us a reason to find out what happened in Icecrown and learn about shadowlands. Or are we just supposed to instantly know that a rift to the shadowlands now exists hundreds of thousands of miles away? One that we need a ritual to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I really hope there's a way to opt out of playing this Wrath event. It wasn't fun then and it won't be a second time.
    Back in WotLK I actually had shit to do even during the final months, so it got in the way. I haven't had shit to do in BfA for 6 months, so this time I might actually get to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I never lived through either the Naxxrammas or Wrath pre-event so this is cool for me, but I do think it'll outstay its welcome after a week or two, and would have preferred an original event. .

I can't believe it will be a week or two. Not to stay on this soap box, but still worth noting that the peak only lasted 24-48 hours in Wrath before they pulled the plug. I doubt they'll let it go for longer this time. People threatening to quit the game over that seems extreme (I know you didn't say that - just at those who keep saying they'll quit over a few hours of this).

People are acting like the whole prepatch will be nothing be dead NPCs. Its not. It is far more dramatic to act like it will be though I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Unsurprisingly enough,the usual suspects are whining because they can't stand not having the game being a streamlined,sterile,flat experience at all times. Fun is not allowed
    they're between flight whine megathreads and need something to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    While I'm not going to say no to rampaging as a zombie again, which was incredibly fun, I'm disappointed that we still haven't seen any closure for the giant-ass sword.
    Oh my god, thank you. Why hasn't anyone talked about this in the game yet? They don't even talk about it in Beta!

I can't wait for this. The Wrath pre xpac invasion was so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Players: "Blizzard, bring back the Scourge invasion!"
    Blizzard: "We're bringing back the Scourge invasion!"
    Players: "WTF why can't you be original?"
    No shit. A bunch of whiny, petulant, children.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I missed this the first time around for reasons I can't remember so I'm absolutely stoked to get a chance to be in fuckparade this time!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The jailer is fucking around in the maw and the mawsworn kyrians are who abduct our leaders. Undead running around gives us a reason to find out what happened in Icecrown and learn about shadowlands. Or are we just supposed to instantly know that a rift to the shadowlands now exists hundreds of thousands of miles away? One that we need a ritual to enter.
    This so much. Bolvar is in SL. There is nothing ti control the Scourge. Players and NPCs have no clue about the rift opening up, who the Jailer is, and what his plans are yet. This works on two levels, allowing the Scourge to rampage through Azeroth uncontrolled again to say hey, something has gone wrong in Northrend. And secondly, it gives players what they have been begging for for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I don't think it'll compare to Scourge 2.0, I'm still looking forward to Scourge 3.0.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I also missed the WotLK pre-expansion event, so personally I don't mind.

Yaaaaayyy, it's back!!! Looking forward to the zombie mobs!