Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde needs fixing

So I just saw the fist part of the PTR Horde quest and basicly we have:

Blood elves and undead humans.
    Then 50% is not even part of the Horde and then we got the Death Knights that also are not part of the Horde.

Horde is broken ever since SoO, but this is just very telling that nothing has been done about it over the years.
    They kept killing core Horde characters and we are now at a point that characters not part of the Horde and those that prefer being neutral are the leading characters that should move the story forward for the Horde faction? Is it just me or do things not look good when it comes to the story around the Horde in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-08-13 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

Then 50% is not even part of the Horde and then we got the Death Knights that also are not part of the Horde.

Horde is broken ever since SoO, but this is just very telling that nothing has been done about it over the years.
    The kept killing core Horde characters and we are now at a point that characters not part of the Horde and those that prefer being neutral are the leading characters that should move the story forward for the Horde faction? Is it just me or do things not look good when it comes to the story around the Horde in Shadowlands.
    The entire prelude to Shadowlands has been Troll centric. I know books aren't in-game and so don't fully count but Shadow's Rising is mainly Troll lore. With a pinch of Horde politics. What you're really saying here is there's not much Orc or Tauren involvement in the pre-patch. Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate a bit of Spirit Walkers having troubling communing with the Spirits or maybe some "OG Ner'zhul DK" lore (although I think they all died on Outland -- and they're be in Human shells anyway) but I think having the Undead siege the primarily Orcish capital city is plenty of involvement. The Orcs may have founded the Horde but let the Forsaken and Elves have their moment, their entire story is intrinsically linked to the Scourge.

The kept killing core Horde characters and we are now at a point that characters not part of the Horde and those that prefer being neutral are the leading characters that should move the story forward for the Horde faction? Is it just me or do things not look good when it comes to the story around the Horde in Shadowlands.
    You can fix the Horde by joining the Alliance.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I'm curious to know which characters you're considering as "not part of the Horde."

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I'm curious to know which characters you're considering as "not part of the Horde."
    Same, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

I guess orcs had an expansion already, maybe its time Tauren kinda had one? Tauren do usually play secondary offshoot roles a lot of the time (Taunka, Yaungol, Highmountain). SL probably would be a good time for the Spirit Walker angle but I guess that ship has sorta sailed already.

3+ Year Old Account
    Define "not part of the Horde".

also, Alteraci Humans for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Calia Menethil, Valeera Sanguinar, Darion Mograine and then you got Lor'themar Theron that wanted to leave the Horde a few years ago and jion the Alliance and only stayed because Jaina was going rampage on his people so you can ask yourself how mutch Horde this guy is aswell.

Why they dont use Lilian Voss (Calia Menethil), Grand Magister Rommath (Valeera Sanguinar), Nazgrim or Crok Scourgebane (Darion Mograine) and maintain Lor'themar Theron for the Horde questchain is really wierd in my opinion since these Horde characters really alrdy lack screen time.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-08-13 at 10:20 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim or Crok Scourgebane (Darion Mograine)
    all sorts of undead can be Forsaken, whether they are boney, rotting, or maintaining their skincare in their undeath; Darion also never pledged to the Alliance
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Calia Menethil, Valeera Sanguinar, Darion Mograine and then you got Lor'themar Theron that wanted to leave the Horde a few years ago and jion the Alliance and only stayed because Jaina was going rampage on his people so you can ask yourself how mutch Horde this guy is aswell.

Why they dont use Lilian Voss (Calia Menethil), Grand Magister Rommath (Valeera Sanguinar), Nazgrim or Crok Scourgebane (Darion Mograine) and maintain Lor'themar Theron for the Horde questchain is really wierd in my opinion since these Horde characters really alrdy lack screen time.
    Which quest are we talking about? I was under the impression this was about the pre-patch questline, in which both Lillian and Nazgrim are present. Darion accompanying us into the Shadowlands is strictly as a neutral party, so that can't be it either.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2020-08-13 at 02:12 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

wait, so what you're saying is that you think there are no true Horde leaders at the start of the questline? no Thrall, Baine etc? does anyone else wanna tell him the reason why or should we leave him in the dark?

They need to introduce a 3rd faction made up of Alliance and Horde who are tired of the fighting and allow players from either of those to join the 3rd faction, This solves many issues that many people have with the modern factions. This is the best option and allows cross faction grouping essentially.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    wait, so what you're saying is that you think there are no true Horde leaders at the start of the questline? no Thrall, Baine etc? does anyone else wanna tell him the reason why or should we leave him in the dark?
    I know the plot, and Thrall you can ask yourself that an broken Shaman that always is crying in a corner that he wants to run away is a good example of a Horde character people want to see, Baine the same this guy actually backstabbed a warchief two times in a shot time. Like i said Horde needs fixing because of the damage they did in the last 3-4 exp packs. And if they actually want to fix Thrall and Baine then these guys also need all the screen time they can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I agree, Horde needs fixing. Free sterilizations for all!
    Godf dammit just as I was taking a sip
    fuk
    iced tea everywehre
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The Horde lost one testicle when Garrosh was thrown out and they lost the other when Sylvanas left. Unfortunately Blizzard has to pull villains from the Horde despite them having more compelling characters and stories. I guess it's the price they pay for not being vanilla do-gooders who are unrealistically altruistic and forgiving. Now that they've become the Alliance but in red we may not have to worry about losing all of our characters simply because no one will care if they are gone. I have no hope for anything Blizz does in the future. They're killing the concept of factions in favor of more Avengers diversity team vs the next big bad that they asspull out of space to attack Azeroth.

The real horde died a long time ago. Now they are kind of a weird goody two shoes faction.

We have come a long way from wc3 honestly I want to go back. All the factions do is cry about things now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I agree, Horde needs fixing. Free sterilizations for all!
    /r/maliciouscompliance

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Horde is kinda broken. It has no real focus at all and all the "strong" Horde characters have all been put aside or made "weaker" in their connection to the Horde, like Thrall.

The problem is just, that its hard to create new faction characters, that are strongly connected to the factions, if the story is not about the factions themselves. They missed the chance in BFA, focusing more about outside fractions of the Horde and Alliance, in the allied races, and it does seem like we will not see an improvement in Shadowlands.

We just come to a point, where the unique image of the Horde have faded and its really hard to make it stronger again.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    The real horde died a long time ago. Now they are kind of a weird goody two shoes faction.

We have come a long way from wc3 honestly I want to go back. All the factions do is cry about things now.
    Yeah lets go back to Wc3 where the orcs certainly didn't break the blood curse or help save the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im fine with seeing less orcs after mop and wod.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..