Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Conduits automatically prove you wrong.
    haha good joke

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Dude, you can't get two people to agree on what patch of WoW the "real" Classic should('ve) used. Anyone claiming to speak on behalf of "the playerbase" or claiming to even know what a tiny percentage of them would agree on wanting is speaking out the end of themselves they sit on.
    You are right you simply cannot get everyone to agree and I’m sure it has cost a lot of cash over years trying. That said, this is a company that holds the record for the lowest Metacritic score ever. To be clear, the current rating of 0.6 is in no way representative of the quality of the game itself, but more an indication of the anger of the players - their fans. It illustrates to me at least that this once amazing company is losing sight of what its core fans want and expect.

  3. #103
    If you hate Polish chat, play Alliance. More conversations take place in English.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    You are right you simply cannot get everyone to agree and I’m sure it has cost a lot of cash over years trying. That said, this is a company that holds the record for the lowest Metacritic score ever. To be clear, the current rating of 0.6 is in no way representative of the quality of the game itself, but more an indication of the anger of the players - their fans. It illustrates to me at least that this once amazing company is losing sight of what its core fans want and expect.
    If they're voting like that then they're not fans, they're angry people with a chip on their shoulders and an agenda. That whole metacritic thing rammed it home to me even more that Blizzard shouldn't listen to any critics or forums. Take a look at my sig for my standpoint on this. Sadly most people are not capable of separating their ego from things and accepting that something not turning out the way they wanted or expected does not make it back. Going back to the classic argument, we can't even get people to agree which patch of AV the game should be using, with each group demanding that "their patch" was the "one true real authentic AV" and everything else is a Blizzard betrayal.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2020-08-19 at 07:59 PM.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Dear god this might be fake news after all. Emotional roller coaster if this is the case.
    Time to learn polish?

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If they're voting like that then they're not fans, they're angry people with a chip on their shoulders and an agenda. That whole metacritic thing rammed it home to me even more that Blizzard shouldn't listen to any critics or forums. Take a look at my sig for my standpoint on this. Sadly most people are not capable of separating their ego from things and accepting that something not turning out the way they wanted or expected does not make it back. Going back to the classic argument, we can't even get people to agree which patch of AV the game should be using, with each group demanding that "their patch" was the "one true real authentic AV" and everything else is a Blizzard betrayal.
    The reason why they have a chip on their shoulder and agenda is most likely because they are fans and to them it was an important game to them.
    What was you take on the people booing at Blizzcon? - you can’t say that they weren’t fans.
    Last edited by MrFawlty; 2020-08-20 at 11:39 PM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    The reason why they have a chip on their shoulder and agenda is most likely because they are fans and to them it was an important game to them.
    What was you take on the people booing at Blizzcon? - you can’t say that they weren’t fans.
    Look at my sig and see my take. The booing over Diablo Immortal honestly made me ashamed to be a Blizzard fan. Simply infantile. "How dare Blizzard venture into a new market and try something outside their usual genre instead of giving me what I demand! How dare they waste dev time making something I don't want!" The ones claiming Blizzard somehow "betrayed" their playerbase are most pathetic of all.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2020-08-21 at 01:54 AM.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Look at my sig and see my take. The booing over Diablo Immortal honestly made me ashamed to be a Blizzard fan. Simply infantile. "How dare Blizzard venture into a new market and try something outside their usual genre instead of giving me what I demand! How dare they waste dev time making something I don't want!" The ones claiming Blizzard somehow "betrayed" their playerbase are most pathetic of all.
    I think I can relate to how they felt.

  9. #109
    Seems like people are migrating from those connected realms. I've heard some guilds left too.

  10. #110
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

    And your post is a great example of what I was talking about in my previous post. The idea that the only Diablo game Blizz is allowed to make is the one 'approved by the Diablo fanbase'? Fuck that nonsense - if Blizz wants to make Super Diablo Kart for the 3DS, that's their right.

    Fans need to stop confusing 'I like this thing' with 'I have ownership of this thing'.
    when beta ends may I please add this to my signature

  11. #111
    Ion is the best dev in the industry. We are so lucky to have this gem of a man as our lead.

  12. #112
    It is not a server merger because that means the MMO is dying obviously according to MMO experts so they are merging in the backend if I understand this correctly so now you will get all put into groups in LFG.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    I think I can relate to how they felt.
    Being disappointed that they made a phone game, which you may or may not care about, instead of the PC game you wanted, is totally ok. Phone games are big business and Blizzard is a business. They'll have a huge market and playerbase, even if the vocal minority is declaring "no one asked for this and no one wants it." Attacking the company, acting like you were entitled to the product you wanted, or that they somehow "betrayed the playerbase" is not ok and simply shows how juvenile so many people are. There's a reason "Ghostcrawler promised me a pony" is a meme but sadly people don't learn from it.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Being disappointed that they made a phone game, which you may or may not care about, instead of the PC game you wanted, is totally ok. Phone games are big business and Blizzard is a business. They'll have a huge market and playerbase, even if the vocal minority is declaring "no one asked for this and no one wants it." Attacking the company, acting like you were entitled to the product you wanted, or that they somehow "betrayed the playerbase" is not ok and simply shows how juvenile so many people are. There's a reason "Ghostcrawler promised me a pony" is a meme but sadly people don't learn from it.
    They are big fans, they over react when they like stuff they over react when they don’t like something. Its interesting you say "Blizzard is a business" - if you think like that why take it so personally what people think of them?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •