Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And "common sense" once dictated that if a woman was accused of being a witch should be burned in a pyre, immediately.
    In this day and age, I don't think so..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And "common sense" once dictated that if a woman was accused of being a witch should be burned in a pyre, immediately.


    Just like you generalized Blizzard "never listening to any of the feedback"?
    Not at all, if so then every expansion wouldn't be released as an unbalanced mess with numerous things that needs fixing, after being mentioned umpteen times on beta by many, many top players/streamers/anyone. Not to mention class changes taking months and months to occur, and even then 99% of the time not fixing said issue. I don't see it as generalising at all.
    Retail full of servers that are connected and still ghost towns. Classic has actual full servers and people everywhere. I wonder which is more popular The delusion of haters is laughable.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    In this day and age, I don't think so..
    And "WOOSH!" goes the point over your head.

    Not at all, if so then every expansion wouldn't be released as an unbalanced mess with numerous things that needs fixing, after being mentioned umpteen times on beta by many, many top players/streamers/anyone. Not to mention class changes taking months and months to occur, and even then 99% of the time not fixing said issue. I don't see it as generalising at all.
    I'll repeat: you're also generalizing when you state Blizzard doesn't listen to feedback at all.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And "WOOSH!" goes the point over your head.


    I'll repeat: you're also generalizing when you state Blizzard doesn't listen to feedback at all.
    Yeah, that's nowhere even near to being a whoosh.

    Whatever, you clearly can't accept the facts about the past and the reason Blizzard have bled 10+ million subs.
    Retail full of servers that are connected and still ghost towns. Classic has actual full servers and people everywhere. I wonder which is more popular The delusion of haters is laughable.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Yeah, that's nowhere even near to being a whoosh.
    Yeah, it is a big "woosh" since you completely missed the point that "common sense" is not a valid argument, because it is nowhere near a reliable way to determine truth.

    Whatever, you clearly can't accept the facts about the past and the reason Blizzard have bled 10+ million subs.
    I'm not ignoring anything. However, unlike you, I'm just not making statements of fact about why WoW has lost over all those players over a period of over fifteen years.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  5. #265
    PSO2 has a casino full of slot machines and minigames. They're very time-wastery, but a welcome addition to the game and a great alternative for generating some petty cash.

  6. #266
    I think medals similar to SWTOR would make pvp way more fun. I've been saying it forever now.

    Maybe have bronze/silver/gold tiers of each. Each tier gives a small bonus to honor/exp and gives players small goals to shoot for. They should reward skill and contribution to the team effort and not be gear dependant (ie. get X amount of dmg/healing, etc)

    Example:

    - Get (5 bronze/10 silver/15 gold) honorable kills while defending a flag in a bg
    - Save (1 bronze/2 silver/3 gold) people from getting killed in a bg
    - Cap (2 bronze/3 silver/4 gold) bases in a bg

    There would be a medals page on the BG score sheet as well. Perhaps a better way to gauge who is actually contributing to the team effort. The player with the best medal performance would also get a MVP medal.

    These are pretty basic to get the point across, but there are tons of crazy/unique ones you could do too. Blows my mind they haven't done something like this yet.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-09-03 at 06:47 PM.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, it is a big "woosh" since you completely missed the point that "common sense" is not a valid argument, because it is nowhere near a reliable way to determine truth.


    I'm not ignoring anything. However, unlike you, I'm just not making statements of fact about why WoW has lost over all those players over a period of over fifteen years.
    It is when you deal with instance after instance after instance of the same incompetence, i.e. you have something to base it on and not something that was believed about a 1000 years ago. Pretty sure we've evolved since then and can determine what common sense is in a more realistic way... So no, not a whoosh at all.

    Yes, let's stick to age is the only reason then. A record 2.9 million subs were lost in one quarter solely to age and the game was at its peak in quality.
    Retail full of servers that are connected and still ghost towns. Classic has actual full servers and people everywhere. I wonder which is more popular The delusion of haters is laughable.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    It is when you deal with instance after instance after instance of the same incompetence, i.e. you have something to base it on and not something that was believed about a 1000 years ago.
    And the "common sense" from the dark ages was, just as much, "based on instance after instance after instance" of the same happening. Again, "common sense" is not a measure of truth.

    And on top of that, there were always people who liked and people who disliked the changes that happened, expansion after expansion. The problem is that those that are discontent are the loudest by a huge margin, but that does not necessarily mean they're in the majority.

    Pretty sure we've evolved since then and can determine what common sense is in a more realistic way... So no, not a whoosh at all.
    And the witch burners would likely have said the same thing, about having "grown and evolved to get 'common sense' to a more realistic grounding"...

    Yes, let's stick to age is the only reason then. A record 2.9 million subs were lost in one quarter solely to age and the game was at its peak in quality.
    You're the one saying that. Here's a hint for you: it's not a dichotomy.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And the "common sense" from the dark ages was, just as much, "based on instance after instance after instance" of the same happening. Again, "common sense" is not a measure of truth.

    And on top of that, there were always people who liked and people who disliked the changes that happened, expansion after expansion. The problem is that those that are discontent are the loudest by a huge margin, but that does not necessarily mean they're in the majority.


    And the witch burners would likely have said the same thing, about having "grown and evolved to get 'common sense' to a more realistic grounding"...


    You're the one saying that. Here's a hint for you: it's not a dichotomy.
    It is when it's so obvious it might just poke your eye out. It's not "who was loudest", that's just bs. The people that disliked whatever ability/implementation I'm talking about were players that were good at the game and could easily see the detrimental effect that whatever said ability/implementation would cause, therefore reporting it on beta/ptr. Leading to completely broken opening patches for both PvE and PvP. You don't seem to get that... You seem to think I mean people that complain about some sort of pet battle or minuscule feature that will barely affect the game's performance at all. I mean game and class breaking abilities and changes which Blizzard flat out ignored. Avatar/Deadly Calm/Stampede/Vial of Shadows/DKs/Starfall/Tier bonuses, all kinds of crap that was reported and took ages to be finally "fixed". That's only a few examples.

    Yes, we're not witch burners anymore. All of society has evolved to incorporate realistic methods of pretty much everything, and advanced in every way. This witch burning 1000 year old argument is weak, dude.

    No, look at any mention of WoW subs (few pages back in this thread...) and age is always mentioned as the BIGGEST reason that subs declined. The delusional people believe that WoW content has always been top notch and there has never been any dips in quality or changes which would easily deter many people from playing.
    Retail full of servers that are connected and still ghost towns. Classic has actual full servers and people everywhere. I wonder which is more popular The delusion of haters is laughable.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    It's not "who was loudest", that's just bs.
    No. No, it's not "bs". That's the facts.

    Yes, we're not witch burners anymore. All of society has evolved to incorporate realistic methods of pretty much everything, and advanced in every way. This witch burning 1000 year old argument is weak, dude.
    All this "cancel culture" and people "believing without evidence" happening nowadays beg to differ. People accusing others, rallying a whole following behind their outrage, without people even spending two seconds to see if what the accusers are saying is true...

    No, look at any mention of WoW subs (few pages back in this thread...) and age is always mentioned as the BIGGEST reason that subs declined.
    Well, yeah. Because that's a fact. People do move on. But, again, it's not a dichotomy. Other reasons for people leaving is that their friends stopped playing. Etc, etc.

    The delusional people
    You, of all people, don't get to call others "delusional", especially with what you wrote right after that sentence:
    believe that WoW content has always been top notch and there has never been any dips in quality or changes which would easily deter many people from playing.
    Literally no one is saying that.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  11. #271
    I really want an account wide mats bank.

    It's so good for the game and players. Reduces the amount of storage space in the server and replaces it with a number. It makes crafting that much more enjoyable.

    Both GW2 and SWTOR got this and it's awesome.

    More evergreen content would be great too. Huising and a casino/gold saucer like zone with progression mini-games and more pet battle modes. Some (in-game) collectible card games.

    Basically more than just the usual "more power! More power!" that resets every 2 years and more long term content.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-03 at 11:51 PM.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No. No, it's not "bs". That's the facts.
    What are you even talking about? It's not facts at all. You're comparing people complaining non stop about things that aren't important from whiners, and I'm mentioning feedback from top players regarding ability and class balance...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    All this "cancel culture" and people "believing without evidence" happening nowadays beg to differ. People accusing others, rallying a whole following behind their outrage, without people even spending two seconds to see if what the accusers are saying is true...
    Oh, so we'll put everyone into a mentally retarded category shall we? So because some people lack it to an obvious degree, anyone that actually has it is then written off even though it's easy to see for anyone with said quality. Sure champ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Well, yeah. Because that's a fact. People do move on. But, again, it's not a dichotomy. Other reasons for people leaving is that their friends stopped playing. Etc, etc.
    Obviously, even look a few pages back and I said age is a factor, it always will be and the game would never maintain it's high of 12 million subs. Yet there's idiots like oxatheron or whatever he's called and others that claim it is the biggest reason and WoW's downfall is nothing to do with quality of content. Which is complete bs. Leading to my example about WoD which everyone has ignored because they know it's true. Fact is, if WoW was pumping out solid content as good as Wrath, it would have many, many more subs, and constant potential for the future from new expacs/content as people would look to return as they would trust Blizzard, unlike now. Look how many people returned for Classic and are still playing, people that haven't played for years, myself included.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You, of all people, don't get to call others "delusional", especially with what you wrote right after that sentence:

    Literally no one is saying that.
    Lmao ok dude, are you new to this forum?? It falls hand in hand with the age argument. Blizzard white knights fail to acknowledge any dip in quality and blame it solely on age. That's plastered ALL over the forum when it comes to sub discussions, retail discussions, Classic vs retail discussions, all over. So yes, I can call others delusional all I want about it because it's the truth which you're in some bubble and can't see. I guess you're one of the delusionals as well, or just very naive..
    Retail full of servers that are connected and still ghost towns. Classic has actual full servers and people everywhere. I wonder which is more popular The delusion of haters is laughable.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Player housing is probably a big missing feature of WoW. If implemented correctly it could be a great addition, especially for collectors of various things.
    I fucking love getting trophies in eso for clearing stuff, it's a fun feature that lets me show off boss kills to my guild/friends. They also recently added a pathing system for npcs that lets you have npcs/pets walk around instead of just stand in your house.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    What are you even talking about? It's not facts at all. You're comparing people complaining non stop about things that aren't important from whiners, and I'm mentioning feedback from top players regarding ability and class balance...
    It is a fact that those who are discontent are much, much louder than those that are fine with the game. Because those who are fine with the game are playing it, while those who aren't, are spending time posting on forums to show their displeasure.

    And it's also a fact that just because one group is the loudest, does not mean they are the majority.

    Oh, so we'll put everyone into a mentally retarded category shall we? So because some people lack it to an obvious degree, anyone that actually has it is then written off even though it's easy to see for anyone with said quality. Sure champ.
    You were the one who put the entire society in this "evolved to use realistic and advanced methods", and I simply pointed out that, again, you are wrong. The media nowadays is full of examples of people being condemned and even "de-platformed" because people don't care to check the truth and go with "feelings before facts".

    Obviously, even look a few pages back and I said age is a factor, it always will be and the game would never maintain it's high of 12 million subs. Yet there's idiots like oxatheron or whatever he's called and others that claim it is the biggest reason and WoW's downfall is nothing to do with quality of content. Which is complete bs.
    How do you know for sure? Because all you got is your opinion. You have zero numbers to support your assertion.

    Leading to my example about WoD which everyone has ignored because they know it's true.
    One example does not a trend make.

    Fact is, if WoW was pumping out solid content as good as Wrath, it would have many, many more subs, and constant potential for the future from new expacs/content as people would look to return as they would trust Blizzard, unlike now.
    No. No, that is not a fact. That is your opinion.

    Look how many people returned for Classic and are still playing, people that haven't played for years, myself included.
    How many? We don't have numbers. For all we know, considering the number of Classic realms vs the number of Modern realms, I'd say that the number of Classic WoWplayers doesn't even come close to being as high as the number of players in Modern WoW.

    Lmao ok dude, are you new to this forum??
    Are you? Because, again, you're talking about a claim that no one has made. No one has ever claimed that WoW's content "has always been top notch". This is you making a misrepresentation to try to poison the well.

    Blizzard white knights fail to acknowledge any dip in quality and blame it solely on age.
    This is the misrepresentation I am talking about. Literally no one is saying that. And on top of that, you again use of ad-hominem to try to poison the well.

    That's plastered ALL over the forum when it comes to sub discussions, retail discussions, Classic vs retail discussions, all over.
    No. It's not. There's not a single example of that.

    So yes, I can call others delusional all I want about it because it's the truth which you're in some bubble and can't see.
    No. You can't. Again, you're using of misrepresentation to justify your ad-hominem.

    I guess you're one of the delusionals as well, or just very naive..
    More ad-hominem. "I'm right, and if you don't agree with me, you're <insert insult of choice here>." Very mature.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •