Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Legion was announced at Gamescom however it, I believe at least in the last 10 years is the only World of Warcraft related announcement that has happened at Gamescom, and many players felt it happened then because WoD had been such a shit show Blizzard needed to get stuff out there as soon as possible and build up Legion.
    WoD date was revealed on Gamescom.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzen17 View Post
    That's about the same that i think as well, seems the most likely.

    But it also depends on how long the pre-patch will stay on ptr. If it stays 4 weeks or 6 weeks.
    4 weeks ptr lead to pre patch live on September 9th, so before the max corruption resistance, and would lead to shadowlands release on October 7 th
    6 weeks ptr lead to pre patch live on September 23rd, and would lead to shadowlands release on November 4th
    5 weeks ptr leads to shadowlands release on October 21st

    So yeah, more likely would be between October 21st and November 4th

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Legion was announced at Gamescom however it, I believe at least in the last 10 years is the only World of Warcraft related announcement that has happened at Gamescom, and many players felt it happened then because WoD had been such a shit show Blizzard needed to get stuff out there as soon as possible and build up Legion.
    Sounds right - BfA is kind of in a similar boat in terms of the "shit show Blizzard needs to get out of there as soon as possible."

  4. #184
    Immortal Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    7,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Per beta screenshot:

    Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/riggnaros/status...63480383586308

    109 days from today is Nov 30, which would put pre-patch (9.0.1) on Sept 22,2020.

    Thoughts?
    On Cyber Monday? Right after the holiday weekend they are going to launch an expansion? Not a chance in hell.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    On Cyber Monday? Right after the holiday weekend they are going to launch an expansion? Not a chance in hell.
    Countdown points to 1st December brawl date which would mean 10th November expansion release. I would rather believe it's joke from devs than coincidence, it just fits too well. But OP draw wrong conclusions.

  6. #186
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    There's no way Bliz is not going to allow players at least a week to play with their cloaks at max level. Many players plan out their corruption, and have a plan for their corruption loadout at Cloak Resist 125. The corruptions we are buying *now*, and have bought for the past few weeks, are based on expecting to be able to use those corruptions for some period of time at Cloak Resist 125. So that means that the pre-patch will not go live until at least September 15th, and the expansion will not release before October 13th.
    If the cloak goes to max on Sept 8th, and pre-patch is Sept 15th.. that is a full week of raiding with max level cloak.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    On Cyber Monday? Right after the holiday weekend they are going to launch an expansion? Not a chance in hell.
    WoW originally launched the holiday week (the Tuesday before Thanksigiving). Cyber Monday is hardly a holiday and most US companies are back to work. You also have the Pandemic this year which changes the normal habits of people. Less people going places, less people out shopping the previous week, and a greater growth of online content means there is no reason to shy away from the date.

    It is as likely of a launch date as any other day.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    WoW originally launched the holiday week (the Tuesday before Thanksigiving). Cyber Monday is hardly a holiday and most US companies are back to work. You also have the Pandemic this year which changes the normal habits of people. Less people going places, less people out shopping the previous week, and a greater growth of online content means there is no reason to shy away from the date.

    It is as likely of a launch date as any other day.
    Not with the most anticipated game in history releasing on November 19th. Cyberpunk 2077 is so anticipated that it's already spawning imitator games before it's even released, which I'm pretty sure is the first time that's ever happened.

    It's ok for World of Warcraft to release soon before Cyberpunk 2077. The earlier the better, but November 10th wouldn't be a catastrophe. It would be a disaster to release it on November 24th, just 5 days after Cyberpunk and very much during the honeymoon period when gamers are completely absorbed by it.

    I don't care how arrogant we believe Blizzard to be. This is one fight they can't win. They know it, and they want to release Shadowlands as early as they can.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Not with the most anticipated game in history releasing on November 19th. Cyberpunk 2077 is so anticipated that it's already spawning imitator games before it's even released, which I'm pretty sure is the first time that's ever happened.
    WoW and Cyberpunk do not directly compete other then for time. While WoW has worked around other games it isn't really that big of a deal. Cyberpunk has also been delayed twice. You can't keep holding off on a product just because. Your statement might have also quoted the wrong person since Cyber Monday is after the 19th. Your argument also fails because if Cyberpunk is a huge competitor Blizzard doesn't want to release just before it since it would drain people away from the launch momentum. Most people don't level with in the first week of a WoW expansion launch I'd wager.

    You are also saying that Blizzard is going to lose no matter what. So releasing it as a way to fight off Cyberpunk is dumb.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #190
    I doubt there's anywhere near as much crossover between those games as people think. Guild poll a few months ago showed that a whopping two people were actually going to play on release, if anyone else plays it will be a long afterwards once it's on sale like most games these days.

    I think there are a lot of wow players who don't really play any other games

  11. #191
    Hey can you guys attach a source link to anything you say... or do you just claim the dates of prepatches/ptrs from perfect memory?

  12. #192
    20 nov sounds good.

  13. #193
    Hey can you guys attach a source link to anything you say... or do you just claim the dates of prepatches/ptrs from "supposed" perfect memory?

    i did this as an example

    and then i put this link below it as the source ^.^ .... i typed it in mah googles... then i clicked the linkzor instead of randomly claiming something and believing it as truth.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=285346/...ming-july-17th

  14. #194
    November 1st - the Day of the Dead, sorry guys but you really aren't that smart.

  15. #195
    I'm pretty sure timed events have gone on a hiatus for the first like month of an expansion for the last couple releases now.
    Assuming 1 month of prepatch PTR and 1 month of actual prepatch, this would release the expansion at some point in October and roughly one month later we'd get shit like this event back.

  16. #196
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    1. This date points at 1st December, if number is 109 days 23 hours, it still would say 109 days.

    2. 1st December points at November 10th release, because brawls starts with season 1, and season 1 starts 3 weeks after launch.

    3. 10th November is "my" pick for date for various reasons. If we assume few things (and I know, not all are certain)

    a) Beta for SL will be same (or longer) than Legion/BfA Betas
    b) release is Q4 2020
    c) there are 3 major releases: launch, season 1 (Castle Nathria Normal, Mythic+, PVP, Brawls, etc.) and mythic race start (CN Mythic+1st LFR wing) and all 3 can't be
    released during Thanksgiving week or holiday season (I put artificial date 'after 15th December')
    d) expansion release Tuesday as usual to avoid biggest potential crowd

    then November 10th is ONLY date that fits.

    But I guess we will learn at Gamescom, otherwise it would be strange they reveal date that late compared to Legion/BfA.



    But in Legion/BfA they started PTR 2 months into Beta, not 1 month like now. Also they used to test pre-patch event on Beta servers. I think this time they started early so more people could test revamped leveling to catch more bugs and avoid BfA disaster on pre-patch day.
    Agree with nost of your analysis, but i believe ot will be in October not Novembwr.

    November 10th is around the time they hist blizzcon, so they might keep that date open for something.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Hey can you guys attach a source link to anything you say... or do you just claim the dates of prepatches/ptrs from perfect memory?
    A few months back, created a spreadsheet that has alpha, beta, and release dates for all expansions. I googled the dates.

    Expansion Alpha Beta Release
    The Burning Crusade 10/12/2006 1/15/2007
    Wrath of the Lich King 7/17/2008 11/13/2008
    Cataclysm 6/30/2009 12/7/2009
    Mists of Pandaria 3/21/2012 9/25/2012
    Warlords of Draenor 6/4/2014 6/27/2014 11/13/2014
    Legion 11/??/2015 5/12/2016 8/30/2016
    Battle for Azeroth 1/25/2018 4/24/2018 8/13/2018
    Shadowlands 4/8/2020 7/15/2020
    #TeamTinkers

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    This game isn't being released in October. If it was you'd know about it already. November 24th is the earliest they release Shadowlands at this point.
    Going back to these posts is my favorite part of an expansion release date reveal.

  19. #199
    Fluffy Kitten Malefic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England, UK.
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    Going back to these posts is my favorite part of an expansion release date reveal.
    I was wrong - I thought after the shit show of BfA and Blizzards statements about taking more time, especially with how lack luster the end game content is they wouldn't release too soon again. They're still consistently 'reworking' classes and many classes are flat out fundamentally broken on many levels. How many major class changes do we see every week with notable reworks to abilities, new talents, reworks to the structure of the class.

    I still stand by the fact that this is way too soon, by at least a month. We'll see when the expansion is released though but my hopes are sadly no longer high.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Okay, let's put some data on this. All of the people calling for release dates in October need to understand why that's borderline an impossibilty:

    *snip 100 lines of text*
    Wall of text into being completely wrong lul. I even called you out on your dumb arguments concerning October release date being impossible. Well, maybe now you understand why.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-08-27 at 07:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •