Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

SL Release Date Quasi-Leaked? Nov 30, 2020

Per beta screenshot:

Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/riggnaros/status...63480383586308

109 days from today is Nov 30, which would put pre-patch (9.0.1) on Sept 22,2020.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Per beta screenshot:

109 days from today is Nov 30, which would put pre-patch (9.0.1) on Sept 22,2020.

Thoughts?
    Seems unlikely why would they have a brawl on launch after all?

Still the 109 day thing is weird.

It will never be this late. 4 weeks PTR, then 4 weeks pre patch, then launch. October launch imo.

Impossible. Pre-patches are traditionally put on the ptr one month before release, this means 9.0 pre-patch will go live in september and Shadowlands will be released one month later, somewhere in october.

I doubt it has anything to do with the new expansion.

But I also doubt the clairvoyants who tout early release (October) based on nothing.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

... when nothing means something
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

ive been saying oct launch all year and i stick by it. no reason to push the game out to the holiday season. thanksgiving and christmas times are a no-go for blizz like we saw with the content patch they pushed out (naz/mech) until the new year rolled around.

they also know the playerbase is tired of this patch and dont want to drag it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Per beta screenshot:

Thoughts?
    1. This date points at 1st December, if number is 109 days 23 hours, it still would say 109 days.

2. 1st December points at November 10th release, because brawls starts with season 1, and season 1 starts 3 weeks after launch.

3. 10th November is "my" pick for date for various reasons. If we assume few things (and I know, not all are certain)

a) Beta for SL will be same (or longer) than Legion/BfA Betas
    b) release is Q4 2020
    c) there are 3 major releases: launch, season 1 (Castle Nathria Normal, Mythic+, PVP, Brawls, etc.) and mythic race start (CN Mythic+1st LFR wing) and all 3 can't be
    released during Thanksgiving week or holiday season (I put artificial date 'after 15th December')
    d) expansion release Tuesday as usual to avoid biggest potential crowd

then November 10th is ONLY date that fits.

But I guess we will learn at Gamescom, otherwise it would be strange they reveal date that late compared to Legion/BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Impossible. Pre-patches are traditionally put on the ptr one month before release, this means 9.0 pre-patch will go live in september and Shadowlands will be released one month later, somewhere in october.
    But in Legion/BfA they started PTR 2 months into Beta, not 1 month like now. Also they used to test pre-patch event on Beta servers. I think this time they started early so more people could test revamped leveling to catch more bugs and avoid BfA disaster on pre-patch day.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-08-13 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    It will never be this late. 4 weeks PTR, then 4 weeks pre patch, then launch. October launch imo.
    In their investor call recently they said beginning of Q4, so yes, it's going to be October for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    then November 10th is ONLY date that fits.
    Yup, when they put that in-game it pretty much gave it away.

I still think Nov 3 is a better fit fantasy-wise (cause it's right after Day of the Dead) but Nov 10 is better they don't want to delay raids/m+/pvp an extra week.

Brawls don't open up with expansion launches, they open when the first tier happens, thus this countdown is more likely to be related to the new raid opening up on the 1st of 2nd of December. I don't think mid November is happening either because then you would have progression around Christmas and they said they wouldn't do that again.

The launch will be between 2nd week of October and 1st week of November if they wanna finish the world first race before Christmas.
    Last edited by Yayeet; 2020-08-13 at 07:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimsXV View Post
    In their investor call recently they said beginning of Q4, so yes, it's going to be October for sure.
    can you link it?

Last PTR was 2.5 months. Doubt it will be four weeks which would be lightning speed for the time of all previous beta PTRs, considering they are also working under constraints of covid.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    Yup, when they put that in-game it pretty much gave it away.

I still think Nov 3 is a better fit fantasy-wise (cause it's right after Day of the Dead) but Nov 10 is better they don't want to delay raids/m+/pvp an extra week.
    Heh, still prefer 10th, 11th is free day in my country, so only need 1 day of vacation (I still probably will take 3 to no-life until Sunday ;D).

Pre-Patch won't hit until later in September or October. Max Corruption cloak will be released on the September 8th and they would let it sit for a few weeks like that for guilds to finish clearing whatever tier they are on. Yes, they could use the Pre-Patch, but our corruptions get disabled then. There's simply no way the same week we get our Max Cloak Resistance is the same week PTR will come out, though by your calculations it will come out before we max our cloaks.

All the data that is given now and in the past still lines up with what most of us thought as everything still fits around the max cloak corruption date. PTR will also last more than a month as there are a bunch of new things they will want tested, more so than a patch ptr does.

Anticipation continues to build for Shadowlands, the next expansion for modern World of Warcraft
    coming in Q4. Engagement in the franchise is the highest it has been at this point ahead of an
    expansion in a decade.

Can't find they said at the beginning

Per beta screenshot:

Thoughts?
    More likely the brawl is the first of SL and it will be a couple of weeks after release because people will still be leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Just because something is "traditionally" done one way doesn't make it "impossible" for it to be done another.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Last PTR was 2.5 months. Doubt it will be four weeks which would be lightning speed for the time of all previous beta PTRs, considering they are also working under constraints of covid.
    Wrong. Last 2 prepatch PTR lasted about around one month. Do your research please.

BFA prepatch ptr - 14th of june 2018
    BFA prepatch live - 17th of july 2018

Legion prepatch ptr - 14th of june 2016
    Legion prepatch live - 19th of july 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celindra123 View Post
    Anticipation continues to build for Shadowlands, the next expansion for modern World of Warcraft
    coming in Q4. Engagement in the franchise is the highest it has been at this point ahead of an
    expansion in a decade.

Can't find they said at the beginning
    They also mentioned somewhere they are mirroring the last two expansions in deadlines and only were delayed by a small week due to corona.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with the new expansion.

But I also doubt the clairvoyants who tout early release (October) based on nothing.
    i dont think peope are touting an october release based on nothing. They're following a general rule of thumb with blizzard.

Pre patch is on PTR. In the past this has been the case for a month. Then pre patch releases on live.. Again, for a month. Then expansion release..

People are basing the october release date on what blizzard has consistently done over the last 16 years.