Thread: Dark Runes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've heard that you're supposed to pass on them because healers can't farm demonic runes as easily as dps can. Personally I roll need on them if someone else does. I'm not gonna pass on a 12g item to some rando healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I've heard that you're supposed to pass on them because healers can't farm demonic runes as easily as dps can. Personally I roll need on them if someone else does. I'm not gonna pass on a 12g item to some rando healer.
    Jump runs with a Warrior say hi. Easy way to farm Demonic Runes.

Healers are more valuable than the DPS that 'need' to run scholomance.

The melee dps should pass on whatever the healers need.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If you are so geared, why do you need them? Or do you simply consider it payment for your services?
    Being geared has absolutely nothing to do with needing them. They are amazing raid consumables to use alongside of Major Mana Potions.

Who cares what some random healer says lul. Just roll need if you are a mana class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Being geared has absolutely nothing to do with needing them. They are amazing raid consumables to use alongside of Major Mana Potions.
    Read the post i replied to - they clearly think being geared has EVERYTHING to do with it - otherwise they wouldnt have mentioned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Healers are more valuable than the DPS that 'need' to run scholomance.

The melee dps should pass on whatever the healers need.
    How so? Im just wondering how a healer would go soloing it? Seems to me, the healer needs the tank and dps just as much.

DPS are replacable.

Find a nice submissive dps that is just happy to be able to attend, one that wont feel entitled to taking healer items.

Quote Originally Posted by skulmar View Post
    I recently had a bad experience in Scholomance where someone demanded that they get all of the dark runes, and if we didn't capitulate they would ninja all of the gear. They were obviously immediately kicked and replaced, but when I mentioned the incident in guild chat I was told that if they had been a healer (they weren't) this behavior would have been perfectly acceptable, as healers are supposed to get all of the runes. Which made me wonder, why?

First off, anyone with a mana bar can make use of them.
    Second, they are BoE (and sell for 5-10g).
    Third, they are used as reagents for numerous pieces of crafted gear, as well as being required for the tier .5 quest chain.

So then, why would healers get priority? The best answer anyone in my guild could give me is because it is harder for healers to farm, and so they deserve the extra gold; but if that is the case, why does it only apply in Scholomance, and why shouldn't the tank also get extra rewards?

Anyone able to explain this rule to me?
    Because you can farm demonic runes as a DPS much easier from satyrs out in the world

Not to mention you just use a lot less of them.

The fact it's borderline universally accepted healers get them says it all.....

Even if you sell them...You'd have to farm your own demonic runes to replace them. Can use 10+ in a raid night easily

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's bullshit that healers automatically get them, I use them as a Hunter and other dps classes do, too. I haven't done Scholo in ages, but I do see the same advertised. I either would not join, or would start my own group/with guild.
    go farm demonic runes you terrible bum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Just team up with 1 or 2 other people like you're about to do DM jump runs (CC is way better in Scholo) and farm runes. I did it a couple times but got bored of it.
    Classic is cute how you do little play dates just to farm crap you don't even need lol.

Also apparently healers have a hard time getting gold? That sounds like a load of bologna if I ever heard it. When I'm resto I do nothing but hunt for herbs and sell Mongoose pots, I have more herbs and gold than I can even do anything with, unless I feel like pointlessly burning through consumes on wipes (I don't even raid anymore).
    All in all, pointless exercises. Imagine acting like a complete douche, getting kicked over runes that don't even matter, that you don't even need a group of 5 to obtain lmao..
    Anyone whining about runes to healers is bad and your healer was probably better than you, lol

And 99% of the time it's the DPS not the healer who gets kicked, if you did get kicked as a healer you should take that as a sign you dodged a bullet and find a more competent group

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    If hes not in my guild.... he doesn't get to just gobble up valuable loot drops "because". Yeah, itll benefit him more in a raid - a raid im not doing with him, so .. .no.

Its a valuable BoE.

Everyone gets to roll.

Not on runes bud, not with anyone who isn't very very bad at the game. No one wants to play with you dogs. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    Yeah, I'd kick anyone who openly tries to reserve Dark Runes. To the people saying "Oh healers should get them because they need it for going OOM at boss fights", you can make the same argument for DPS needing/using them. It makes a considerable difference for spellcasters too. As a warlock, it is a pretty hefty dps loss to use life tap (in fact, it also costs healers more mana to help them recover from that), and it is standard for a warlock to be using mana pots + demonic and dark runes actively if you are trying to get things down quickly.

Also, if your healers are going OOM that easily, start replacing your healers or your DPS (someone is slacking). Any guild with proper dps should never have OOM healers on most content unless you are running very healer light on purpose.

TL : DR - Dark runes are fair game for any mana user, stock up!
    You're terrible tho so you would be kicked

Have any of you ever tried to start kicking healers in pugs? What do you think happens when you as a DPS try that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This is the general misunderstanding and easily fixable by mentioning beforehand who gets them. Them going to the healer by default would mean that they get used during that run, which is of course not happening, they are just free consumables.
    And there are plenty of healers who just take them only to put them on AH after the run.
    They are valuable, not healer specific and also used in professions.
    It's not random people's respinsibility to get a random healer raid consumables. Want raid consumables? Then get your guild to help you or form your cancerous reserved group.
    Yea but the drops are terrible for healers and that's the only way you get them in you dolt. lol

Tanks and healers are in short supply

As a tank, if I run scholo for a non guild group, I expect all of the dark runes or a flat fee of 30g for my time and effort. Or they can find another tank. Either works for me

It’s how tanks and healers make cash in classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    go farm demonic runes you terrible bum
    Found the triggered healer. It's not accepted at all that "healers get them all", maybe in your delusional, entitled world. Roll a dps alt or farm DME, you terrible bum.

Found the triggered healer. It's not accepted at all that "healers get them all", maybe in your delusional, entitled world. Roll a dps alt or farm DME, you terrible bum.
    Go try it bud

You know who needs a hunter anywhere in dungeons? No one

lol

you guys are so crazy. a decent healer is worth vastly more than anything but a decent tank.

Even a god tier hunter is worth basically nothing

Know your place, and do as you're told. If you want to play with anyone competent anyway. If you wanna play with the terrible people who care about hunter opinions in PvE. You just keep on with the shitters

As i see it, if the healer asks nicely and doesn't demand i don't mind as a mage or warrior tank passing on them, however if demands are made or other party members also need i also join in, they are worth money and there are better ways to farm than doing scholo.

Nobody is entitled to dark runes, or mana pots, if the healer is decent feel free as a dps/tank to pass them to them if they're doing a good job or your in the dungeon for something they're helping you get, say one rogue for a rogue only item.. but nobody owes anyone anything having people Res items and shit is aids, i really don't like the whole idea of it.. you get a guild so you can be the prio for said item say Jed's trinket without any other casters in the group, then help others get theirs.

for dark runes, they can get demonic runes if they're decent players they can group and go into diremaul and farm demons for felcloth or solo into azshara, i end up with tonnes on my mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, i am a mage main and i don't have a shadow priest but they go oom crazy.. and they did insane damage with dark runes they're the only class they should be resed for... hahaha and i'd still need over my guildie
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go try it bud

You know who needs a hunter anywhere in dungeons? No one

lol

you guys are so crazy. a decent healer is worth vastly more than anything but a decent tank.

Even a god tier hunter is worth basically nothing

Know your place, and do as you're told. If you want to play with anyone competent anyway. If you wanna play with the terrible people who care about hunter opinions in PvE. You just keep on with the shitters
    You think healing is hard? xD you should try some other games other than faceroll Classic, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    As i see it, if the healer asks nicely and doesn't demand i don't mind as a mage or warrior tank passing on them, however if demands are made or other party members also need i also join in, they are worth money and there are better ways to farm than doing scholo.

Nobody is entitled to dark runes, or mana pots, if the healer is decent feel free as a dps/tank to pass them to them if they're doing a good job or your in the dungeon for something they're helping you get, say one rogue for a rogue only item.. but nobody owes anyone anything having people Res items and shit is aids, i really don't like the whole idea of it.. you get a guild so you can be the prio for said item say Jed's trinket without any other casters in the group, then help others get theirs.

for dark runes, they can get demonic runes if they're decent players they can group and go into diremaul and farm demons for felcloth or solo into azshara, i end up with tonnes on my mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, i am a mage main and i don't have a shadow priest but they go oom crazy.. and they did insane damage with dark runes they're the only class they should be resed for... hahaha and i'd still need over my guildie
    Healers are entitled unless you run with terrible terrible players

The fact you're playing as a s priest says you too are terrible. And thus your opinion doesn't matter

Very very easily replaced

- - - Updated - - -

You think healing is hard? xD you should try some other games other than faceroll Classic, bud.
    Playing healer perfectly is vastly harder than any other role in pve

Playing well enough to get through a dungeon is very easy

If you don't think that's true you don't understand healing. Your goal is to be as mana efficient as possible on every cast. To have a perfect parse is basically impossible.

Not so with DPS or Tanks

Which is why we are worth our weight in gold. When you're wondering why you haven't wiped yet because your paladin is a god and is using the exactly most efficient cast to sustain a fight for 5 minutes with basic pots. You'll know

Quote Originally Posted by skulmar View Post
    I recently had a bad experience in Scholomance where someone demanded that they get all of the dark runes, and if we didn't capitulate they would ninja all of the gear. They were obviously immediately kicked and replaced, but when I mentioned the incident in guild chat I was told that if they had been a healer (they weren't) this behavior would have been perfectly acceptable, as healers are supposed to get all of the runes. Which made me wonder, why?

First off, anyone with a mana bar can make use of them.
    Second, they are BoE (and sell for 5-10g).
    Third, they are used as reagents for numerous pieces of crafted gear, as well as being required for the tier .5 quest chain.

So then, why would healers get priority? The best answer anyone in my guild could give me is because it is harder for healers to farm, and so they deserve the extra gold; but if that is the case, why does it only apply in Scholomance, and why shouldn't the tank also get extra rewards?

Anyone able to explain this rule to me?
    If you wanna sell these items then roll greed on them. If you truly need them, then need... however only healers truly need them. So if you decide to need on these items, then don't act surprised if you get kicked or your guild gets angry with you. Just because you have mana, doesn't mean that you need them. Treat as like rolling on gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing healer perfectly is vastly harder than any other role in pve

Playing well enough to get through a dungeon is very easy

If you don't think that's true you don't understand healing. Your goal is to be as mana efficient as possible on every cast. To have a perfect parse is basically impossible.

Not so with DPS or Tanks
    Nothing in Classic is hard in the slightest, and if you think so, then it's irony at its best when you call others bad. You have to downrank your 2 spells and use whichever one is the most beneficial depending on how much health the player has lost, rank 1 e sports play

I've healed all through MC and BWL in average gear before you try claim otherwise, it's not hard. Maybe if you weren't so toxic you'd be able to have a legitimate discussion about it.

Nothing in Classic is hard in the slightest, and if you think so, then it's irony at its best when you call others bad. You have to downrank your 2 spells and use whichever one is the most beneficial depending on how much health the player has lost, rank 1 e sports play

I've healed all through MC and BWL in average gear before you try claim otherwise, it's not hard. Maybe if you weren't so toxic you'd be able to have a legitimate discussion about it.
    Again you don't understand resource management as a healer if you believe that

Literally impossible to do perfectly

Which is the standard

The standard isn't "well we survived i must have played well enough"

Tanking and DPS are mindless exercises next to constantly gauging damage and using the perfect spell out of the 20 possible ranks you could cast at each moment.

Vastly harder than pumping DPS or managing threat perfectly.

Pure incompetence to believe otherwise.
    Last edited by Mukind; 2020-08-17 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you don't understand resource management as a healer if you believe that

Literally impossible to do perfectly

Which is the standard

The standard isn't "well we survived i must have played well enough"

Tanking and DPS are mindless exercises next to constantly gauging damage and using the perfect spell out of the 20 possible ranks you could cast at each moment.

Vastly harder than pumping DPS or managing threat perfectly.
    Oh, so now I don't understand

It's easy, nothing in the game is hard. Stop over exaggerating your role in a faceroll 16 year old game and trying to claim its hard.

Please, if there's anyone being toxic here it's the hunter rolling need on a dark rune over the healer that went there only to get some.

I see a lot of bad and mediocre players hiding behind "you're being toxic bro" while they don't pull their own weight in whatever they're doing in game, start insulting players over valid and constructive criticism and advice.

It's the same in BGs whenever you see some pve server guy going afk "because he's playing for fun", you call him out and you're suddenly being "toxic".

You're toxic. Stop being a hindrance to your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Please, if there's anyone being toxic here it's the hunter rolling need on a dark rune over the healer that went there only to get some.

I see a lot of bad and mediocre players hiding behind "you're being toxic bro" while they don't pull their own weight in whatever they're doing in game, start insulting players over valid and constructive criticism and advice.

It's the same in BGs whenever you see some pve server guy going afk "because he's playing for fun", you call him out and you're suddenly being "toxic".

You're toxic. Stop being a hindrance to your group.
    I'm toxic because I roll on an item I use? Sure thing. Another triggered healer, I guess?

What evidence do you have to say I'm a bad player? Really?