Thread: Dark Runes

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    If you haven't noticed it's standard. You'll have a lot easier time getting the dark runes than 100g out of them lol
    Sure, there are people that have no issue with having healers have them, but there are also quite a bit of people that do not. When it comes down to PUGs it is best to just clearly communicate and don't just assume some sort of "standard rule" counts just because you think it is right.

Quote Originally Posted by skulmar View Post
    A full clear of Scholomance on my server can net you well over 100g worth of runes.

To all of these healers who say they don't need scholo and people should just be glad to have them, why not just cut out the middle man and sell carries for gold?

To me it seems a lot easier and less drama free than joining / starting a PUG and then flipping out when people don't agree with your loot rules.
    Whos flipping out? DPS are a dime a dozen and easily replaced.. the only people Ive seen flip out, are the DPS being replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Whos flipping out? DPS are a dime a dozen and easily replaced.. the only people I've seen flip out, are the DPS being replaced
    Well, in my run the guy certainly flipped out. He started threatening people, and then when we kicked him he started pulling as much as he could trying to wipe the group before he was ported out of the instance.

According to your previous post, you will kick / leave without a warning if people don't abide by your unspoken loot rules, which I would certainly consider to be a form of flipping out, even if you don't actually scream and rage while you do it.

Well, in my run the guy certainly flipped out. He started threatening people, and then when we kicked him he started pulling as much as he could trying to wipe the group before he was ported out of the instance.

According to your previous post, you will kick / leave without a warning if people don't abide by your unspoken loot rules, which I would certainly consider to be a form of flipping out, even if you don't actually scream and rage while you do it.
    Unspoken? Who said unspoken? I make it clear when Im forming the group and I ask when I join a group. Nothing is unspoken. Thats a weird assumption for you to jump to.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-08-20 at 07:39 PM.

To all of these healers who say they don't need scholo and people should just be glad to have them, why not just cut out the middle man and sell carries for gold?
    Because it's much easier to just get the runes than come up with some carry fee, negotiate with the group, and then pool the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Healers are entitled unless you run with terrible terrible players

The fact you're playing as a s priest says you too are terrible. And thus your opinion doesn't matter

Very very easily replaced

- - - Updated - - -

Playing healer perfectly is vastly harder than any other role in pve

Playing well enough to get through a dungeon is very easy

If you don't think that's true you don't understand healing. Your goal is to be as mana efficient as possible on every cast. To have a perfect parse is basically impossible.

Not so with DPS or Tanks

Which is why we are worth our weight in gold. When you're wondering why you haven't wiped yet because your paladin is a god and is using the exactly most efficient cast to sustain a fight for 5 minutes with basic pots. You'll know
    Ha ha ha ha. What? Healing always been the easiest role in the game. By far.
    Perfect parse for healing? What?
    Wait, do you use a rotation when you heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Unspoken? Who said unspoken? I make it clear when Im forming the group and I ask when I join a group. Nothing is unspoken. Thats a weird assumption for you to jump to.
    I guess you didn't, I just kind of assumed based on what happened to me and the fact that you said the DPS are raging about it.

I still don't really think its fair, and I would just rather find a healer who actually needs gear from there, but I don't actually have a problem with it if you state it up front.

I still think it boils down to an overly complicated manner of selling carries though.

I guess you didn't, I just kind of assumed based on what happened to me and the fact that you said the DPS are raging about it.

I still don't really think its fair, and I would just rather find a healer who actually needs gear from there, but I don't actually have a problem with it if you state it up front.

I still think it boils down to an overly complicated manner of selling carries though.
    DPS are great at raging about anything, this thread more or less serves as a proof.

As a healer, these are nice to get, but not expected for me. In pugs, I'll roll against other mana users. My last guild run, guildies let me have them. I took the first 5 and passed on the remaining 2-3 that dropped so they could use/sell them. But they've also been in my inventory since then, as I really only use consumables when they're required, not chugging on cool down for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Caladia; 2020-08-21 at 07:17 PM.

I can't speak for other dps, but warlocks should absolutely be using dark runes or Demonic runes for dps, in the same way a rogue should be using thistle tea.

It's a lifetap that doesn't take a global cool down and a sizable dps increase.

As for being capable of farming Demonic runes:

1. Dark runes are better
    2. Satyr farming is garbage gold per hour, meaning it's literally better to farm gold and then go buy dark runes
    2. While I may let a guild healer take runes over me, there's not a chance in hell I'm letting some rando. It's not my job to get you gear or consumes. As far as threatening to leave is concerned, go ahead. I'm doing 40+% of the group's damage, and outright soloing half the non boss mobs I'm fighting in there. You healers aren't nearly as irreplaceable as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    It's standard to pass on runes for healers.
    Sadly this hasn't been the case on my server. Every scholo I get into, everyone in the group rolls need. Hell, one time when I rolled need on a rune, the other 4 people in the group just started running back towards the entrance and kicked me from the group without saying anything.

Like, m8, what the fuck do you think a full T2 healer is doing in scholomance? I don't need anything other than runes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I can't speak for other dps, but warlocks should absolutely be using dark runes or Demonic runes for dps, in the same way a rogue should be using thistle tea.
    Thistle Tea is a rogue-only item.

Dark Runes are not a warlock-only item. You literally have a dark rune's functionality built into your class. Stop taking healers' raid consumes just so you can do 2% more dps.

1. Dark runes are better
    ...no? Demonic and Dark runes both restore the same amount of mana.

2. Satyr farming is garbage gold per hour, meaning it's literally better to farm gold and then go buy dark runes
    You don't farm satyrs for gold, you farm them for runes you dingus. Every rune drop you get is another 7-10g that you don't have to spend buying a dark rune.

2. While I may let a guild healer take runes over me, there's not a chance in hell I'm letting some rando. It's not my job to get you gear or consumes.
    Okay, so it's not my job to heal you either. Have fun soloing scholomance. Oh wait you can't. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Ha ha ha ha. What? Healing always been the easiest role in the game. By far.
    I can assure you that healing is more difficult than Frostbolt Frostbolt Frostbolt Frostbolt Frostbolt Frostbolt or Shadowbolt Shadowbolt Shadowbolt Shadowbolt Shadowbolt Shadowbolt Shadowbolt Shadowbolt.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Sadly this hasn't been the case on my server. Every scholo I get into, everyone in the group rolls need. Hell, one time when I rolled need on a rune, the other 4 people in the group just started running back towards the entrance and kicked me from the group without saying anything.

Like, m8, what the fuck do you think a full T2 healer is doing in scholomance? I don't need anything other than runes.
    It's NOT people's job to read your mind to know what you are there for. Just clearly communicate when the group is formed that you are there for the runes and will need on them or expect the other people to pass them to you. Communication is king here. Them just kicking you without a word is also just dumb tbh.

Only acceptable "reserve" like this is giving the tank the first orb in strat IMO. just because it's an incentive for a guy who likely has done all the runs he needs.

Healers are a dime a dozen in classic, they don't get special treatment.

No one cares why you're there.

Thistle Tea is a rogue-only item.

Dark Runes are not a warlock-only item. You literally have a dark rune's functionality built into your class. Stop taking healers' raid consumes just so you can do 2% more dps.
    Never said it was a lock only item, just that Locks should be using runes for DPS. Reading isn't hard.

...no? Demonic and Dark runes both restore the same amount of mana.
    I'll give you half credit here since I was unclear (though the following sentence should have offered illumination).... Runes are better specifically because they don't require me to go waste my time farming demonic runes, at terrible gold/hour rates.

You don't farm satyrs for gold, you farm them for runes you dingus. Every rune drop you get is another 7-10g that you don't have to spend buying a dark rune.
    If you look closely, you can actually watch the point flying right over your head. Demonic Rune farming is garbage gold per hour, even counting the gold "savings" from getting rune drops. You are literally better off farming gold and buying dark runes with that gold than killing demons. You're also better off farming gold than running scholo for specifically for runes.

Okay, so it's not my job to heal you either. Have fun soloing scholomance. Oh wait you can't. :^)
    Good luck killing anything without dps.... and umm you can absolutely do scholo healerless. It's a 5man, and they're a joke at the current gear levels. As I alluded to above, you and your feckless attitude are entirely replaceable. Frankly with how mouthy and entitled you've already proven yourself to be, I'd have simply had you kicked mid run without a second thought. Don't like it? Then Respec dps and go farm for yourself. You aren't owed a damn thing.

I tend to view Dark Runes as a valuable BoE just like any other valuable BoE. If I get one on my healer, that's 10 - 20 gold just like it would be for anyone else.

If I do happen to win a Dark Rune on my healer I do the same thing a Warrior would: sell it. Dark Runes have the same cooldown as Demonic Runes and the latter are easy to farm. Why would I throw away 10 - 20 gold that I can replace in short order killing demons in Felwood? (And get some Felcloth as well).

It's a lifetap that doesn't take a global cool down and a sizable dps increase.

As for being capable of farming Demonic runes:

1. Dark runes are better
    2. While I may let a guild healer take runes over me, there's not a chance in hell I'm letting some rando. It's not my job to get you gear or consumes. As far as threatening to leave is concerned, go ahead. I'm doing 40+% of the group's damage, and outright soloing half the non boss mobs I'm fighting in there. You healers aren't nearly as irreplaceable as you think.
    I feel sad when i read clueless people spreading misinformation ������

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No one really cared about much in Vanilla - it was all new and weird and exciting, for the most part, and for most people. This was always the "issue" with classic compared to Vanilla - entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are so geared, why do you need them? Or do you simply consider it payment for your services?
    i mean i have no other reason to run that dungeon except to gear guildie alts. Since thats the case for me and i rarely if ever run anything with people outside of my guild yes its my payment to help people who need gear that wont be main raiding with us any time soon. Id Round Robin them with DPS if they really needed them but lets face it mages, locks and hunters (the only viable dps that use mana) can solo elite demons and satyrs for demonic runes at a much higher drop rate per hour than i can.

Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    I tend to view Dark Runes as a valuable BoE just like any other valuable BoE. If I get one on my healer, that's 10 - 20 gold just like it would be for anyone else.

If I do happen to win a Dark Rune on my healer I do the same thing a Warrior would: sell it. Dark Runes have the same cooldown as Demonic Runes and the latter are easy to farm. Why would I throw away 10 - 20 gold that I can replace in short order killing demons in Felwood? (And get some Felcloth as well).
    Why would you farm demons in Felwood for them when you can just farm gold and buy Dark Runes? It's just inefficient AF to farm Demonic Runes.

TBH the whole conversation in the thread is kinda pointless. If you don't want them reserved to healer, don't go to groups that reserve them to healer, and vice versa. Personally, I would not bother going to heal any Scholomance PUG unless I get the Dark Runes since I don't need anything from the place.
    Last edited by Jurwi; 2020-09-10 at 07:18 AM.

Dark runes should always be a healer priority. They're key in longer fights and new content. If you're butt hurt about a healer or group reserving dark runes then do the unthinkable and create your own group with a round robin system or reserve them for yourself.

What casual realm are you on where dark runes are so cheap that your gph > 20xdark rune price an hour?

They're between 16-19g on my realm, meaning i'd have to be farming something like 350-400g/hour in order to match demonic rune farming.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2020-09-12 at 04:04 PM.