Thread: Dark Runes

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I can't speak for other dps, but warlocks should absolutely be using dark runes or Demonic runes for dps, in the same way a rogue should be using thistle tea.

It's a lifetap that doesn't take a global cool down and a sizable dps increase.

As for being capable of farming Demonic runes:

1. Dark runes are better
    2. Satyr farming is garbage gold per hour, meaning it's literally better to farm gold and then go buy dark runes
    2. While I may let a guild healer take runes over me, there's not a chance in hell I'm letting some rando. It's not my job to get you gear or consumes. As far as threatening to leave is concerned, go ahead. I'm doing 40+% of the group's damage, and outright soloing half the non boss mobs I'm fighting in there. You healers aren't nearly as irreplaceable as you think.
    If you don't need a healer then why are you inviting one? Just take a tank, a warrior and a rogue and you should be sweet right? Tell those other players that the runes are all yours even though you don't actually need them and you need other players to carry you. Or maybe you're lying and you do need a healer. And if you do need a healer just put the rules up front so everyone knows what's going on. Communication is pretty simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Why would you farm demons in Felwood for them when you can just farm gold and buy Dark Runes? It's just inefficient AF to farm Demonic Runes.

TBH the whole conversation in the thread is kinda pointless. If you don't want them reserved to healer, don't go to groups that reserve them to healer, and vice versa. Personally, I would not bother going to heal any Scholomance PUG unless I get the Dark Runes since I don't need anything from the place.
    Farming Satyrs is not actually that bad if you count each Demonic Rune as 10-15g (which is what Dark Runes are usually worth).

You can usually get like 8-12 runes in an hour or so, which is already over 100g an hour. From raw gold, Felcloth and other drops you get maybe 30g/h.
    If you farm the right Satyrs you also have a chance of getting Edgemaster's Handguards, which I've gotten one pair of myself farming runes since P1.

So unless you have a Mage alt capable of selling boosts for 200-300g/h farming Demonic Runes is hardly a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Farming Satyrs is not actually that bad if you count each Demonic Rune as 10-15g (which is what Dark Runes are usually worth).

You can usually get like 8-12 runes in an hour or so, which is already over 100g an hour. From raw gold, Felcloth and other drops you get maybe 30g/h.
    If you farm the right Satyrs you also have a chance of getting Edgemaster's Handguards, which I've gotten one pair of myself farming runes since P1.

So unless you have a Mage alt capable of selling boosts for 200-300g/h farming Demonic Runes is hardly a waste of time.
    That would basically mean killing 100 satyrs / hour. I somehow can't see that happening on my Resto Shaman.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    That would basically mean killing 100 satyrs / hour. I somehow can't see that happening on my Resto Shaman.
    I farm them as Elemental, killing each mobs with 2 casts on average (usually get onybuff for when I farm to make it faster).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Even a god tier hunter is worth basically nothing
    Let's see you do bosses like Chromaggus or Huhuran without a tranq for their frequent enrages.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It's bullshit that healers automatically get them, I use them as a Hunter and other dps classes do, too. I haven't done Scholo in ages, but I do see the same advertised. I either would not join, or would start my own group/with guild.
    *tips fedora*

its BoE so can be sold to pay for consumables even if you dont use them.
    they are beneficial to all mana users outside of warlocks, as its just another life tap.
    i can see guildy runs funneling them to their main healers, but everything else is open game imo.

only healers really need them for content like raiding. Hence healer should need on them.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If you are so geared, why do you need them? Or do you simply consider it payment for your services?
    Because even if you have the best healing gear in classic, you do as much damage as a green equiped hunter. Only exactly 1 combat stat increases for healer, and that is crit and nothing else. And yes, even healer must pay for their repair bill; so why should a hunter who can farm around 2-3 minutes to gain the same amount of money have the same need as a healer wo both need them for either mana or more for gold have not need for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because even if you have the best healing gear in classic, you do as much damage as a green equiped hunter. Only exactly 1 combat stat increases for healer, and that is crit and nothing else. And yes, even healer must pay for their repair bill; so why should a hunter who can farm around 2-3 minutes to gain the same amount of money have the same need as a healer wo both need them for either mana or more for gold have not need for them.
    So just to be clear - because you CHOSE to be a healer, everyone should bow down and give you free things? This is such a poor argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't rolled a farm alt by now that's on you. No one owes you anything just because you're a healer - and you have every opportunity to run an offset of DPS gear for farming, not to mention actually respeccing to DPS to farm.

Oh and there's shitloads of healers who make bank by just farming BL and then buying the runes they need.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

So just to be clear - because you CHOSE to be a healer, everyone should bow down and give you free things? This is such a poor argument.
    I didn't say that, but when i choose to be a healer, i can choose who i heal, simply. And if i want them, i say it before the run, and if it is not accepted, then i simply don't heal. HF finding another healer. That the TE had an idiot that didn't made it clear at the beginning of the run (also it doesn't state if he is a healer or not) is something completely different, but yes, when i would heal a group and i want on them need, i say it at the beginning of the run. And if they don't accept, se la vi!

You also choose to be a DPS, so don't expect to get everything in the same rate as a tank or a healer, simply.

Where do you farm for 2 to 3 mins to get the gold that is equal to a rune? Even if that was true why does a healer need an item that increases raid output where a hunter can use it for the same reason OR use the gold to get another consumable? If it is "so easy" then why don't you do it on your alt hunter? Farm the gold to get the consumable and skip this trash dungeon.

Choosing a healer has the perk of being in demand for group content. It is not auto needing on mats that are BoE without contest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    DPS are replacable.

Find a nice submissive dps that is just happy to be able to attend, one that wont feel entitled to taking healer items.
    You mean the trash dps who don't know what they're doing and don't realise a rune is almost as good as a pot? Healers are replaceable. Get a nice one that doesn't feel entitled to group loot.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Where do you farm for 2 to 3 mins to get the gold that is equal to a rune? Even if that was true why does a healer need an item that increases raid output where a hunter can use it for the same reason OR use the gold to get another consumable? If it is "so easy" then why don't you do it on your alt hunter? Farm the gold to get the consumable and skip this trash dungeon.
    Then the hunter will also not get the rune, because nobody heals there, good idea! And why should i do it when i can simply join a group that agrees with it? And maybe i simply like to heal rather than farming, so i rather go into a dungeon where i simply get the runes. And since there are always as many dps as sand in the ocean, there should be no issue to get people who agree with it.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the trash dps who don't know what they're doing and don't realise a rune is almost as good as a pot? Healers are replaceable. Get a nice one that doesn't feel entitled to group loot.
    When the healer and the tank is decent enough, for scholo you can also take any dps there, even a ret, who cares. Yes, healers are replaceable you are right; but you can replace a dps in seconds, while for a healer it can take a while. Heck, i can watch netflix and heal in scholo at the same time. If it takes a minute less or more, who cares, but you still need a healer there, period.

Then the hunter will also not get the rune, because nobody heals there, good idea! And why should i do it when i can simply join a group that agrees with it? And maybe i simply like to heal rather than farming, so i rather go into a dungeon where i simply get the runes. And since there are always as many dps as sand in the ocean, there should be no issue to get people who agree with it.

- - - Updated - - -

When the healer and the tank is decent enough, for scholo you can also take any dps there, who cares. Yes, healers are replaceable you are right; but you can replace a dps in seconds, while for a healer it can take a while.
    Avoiding the question means you are lying which indicates you're also lying about everything else.

Healers are just as replaceable as dps. What are you going to do when the tank turns around and says they want the rune? No dungeon tonight? GL with that 2 hr run while alt hunters are making 480 gold in that time.
    why so mad bro

you do as much damage as a green equiped hunter.
    And there goes your ENTIRE argument in one sentence. If you can do the same damage as a green equipped hunter, then you can farm gold at the same rate as the hunter in question, therefore, using your own logic, the hunter has just as much right to the rune as you do.

Do you even think this stuff through?

- - - Updated - - -

Avoiding the question means you are lying which indicates you're also lying about everything else.
    See above - they are just entitled, nothing more.

Accusing someone to lie because he does not share your oppinion: Welcome in 2020. And no, i don't have a hunter twink, and i hate to play hunter, period. And if a Tank does want the runes, i look for another group, period. In the end it's always Tank > Heal >>> DpS.

- - - Updated - - -

And there goes your ENTIRE argument in one sentence. If you can do the same damage as a green equipped hunter, then you can farm gold at the same rate as the hunter in question, therefore, using your own logic, the hunter has just as much right to the rune as you do.
    This shows that you don't play classic as a healer at least: you might do as much damage, but your SURVIVABILITY IS STILL BELOW THAT. A green equiped Hunter that has bad ammo does maybe as much damage, but does not get interrupted, so in the end they do more damage, against a caster it's around the same. Also try Farming as a Holy Paladin or Holy Priest, try it first, then talk. Holy Paladin is evern worse than a green equiped hunter, far far worse.

- - - Updated - - -

See above - they are just entitled, nothing more.
    And? You call it entitled, i call it common sense.

This shows that you don't play classic as a healer at least: you might do as much damage, but your SURVIVABILITY IS STILL BELOW THAT. A green equiped Hunter that has bad ammo does maybe as much damage, but does not get interrupted, so in the end they do more damage, against a caster it's around the same. Also try Farming as a Holy Paladin or Holy Priest, try it first, then talk. Holy Paladin is evern worse than a green equiped hunter, far far worse.

- - - Updated - - -

And? You call it entitled, i call it common sense.
    So which one is a lie? What you said then? or what you are saying now? Because you cant have it both ways, although you seem to want it that way.

Velerios: "im super valuable to a group and even do as much damage as a green equipped hunter!"
    Also Velerios: "well, i mean we actually dont, and i was completely wrong, because now i dont like that argument anymore so im going to prove myself wrong and retract everything i just said!"

So which one is a lie? What you said then? or what you are saying now? Because you cant have it both ways, although you seem to want it that way.
    What are you talking about? I said clearly that when i join a group i say before. When they say no, then i look for another group, that's it. I have no idea what you mean! And yes, i think that if a healer wants the rune and say it before the run, then the runes should get to the healer, period.

The op had an idiot that said it in the middle of a run, and that's a total different case. (and not sure if it was a healer at all, he didn't mentioned it)

And yes, i think that if a healer wants them, then the group should give it to him, because it's a form where healer can actually make some gold. A dps can farm wherever he wants, that's not the case for a healer. You think it's entitled, i think that if someone actually WANTS TO PLAY HIS CLASS HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE MONEY FROM IT TOO. Just because you think that it's entitled does not mean that it actually is.

And no, the Hunter does not need the runes. period!
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-10-07 at 10:25 PM.

What are you talking about? I said clearly that when i join a group i say before. When they say no, then i look for another group, that's it. I have no idea what you mean! And yes, i think that if a healer wants the rune and say it before the run, then the runes should get to the healer, period.

The op had an idiot that said it in the middle of a run, and that's a total different case. (and not sure if it was a healer at all, he didn't mentioned it)

And yes, i think that if a healer wants them, then the group should give it to him, because it's a form where healer can actually make some gold. A dps can farm wherever he wants, that's not the case for a healer. You think it's entitled, i think that if someone actually WANTS TO PLAY HIS CLASS HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE MONEY FROM IT TOO. Just because you think that it's entitled does not mean that it actually is.

And no, the Hunter does not need the runes. period!
    Neither does a geared healer. period!. Yet another example of you disproving yourself. Let me ask you this VERY simple question; If you went to join a group, and the hunter said "hey guys, just fyi all runes are mine, cheers" would you join? yes or no. And if no, why not?