Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Those missions better be at least 200% more rewarding than BFA missions. Otherwise there's zero reason to do them.

What's the point wasting time on this garbage if they're even remotely close to the rewards we have in bfa? Waste of development time.

lol... Dug Gravewell.

The feature that's so cheap to make, they just can't give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    Blizzard should hang for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    Lots of angsty teenagers in this thread.
    Luckily, the first line of my post addressed people like you.

All for the MAUs and "engagement".

If Blizzard listened to MMO Champ they would have closed shop long ago. Killed off every IP in a manner that EA could only dream of. And then committed ritualistic suicide, and people would still bitch about there games, okay we get it. You hate everything and want everybody to agree with you. Literally nothing will make the people here happy.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    And amusingly enough, 3/4 of those didn't even survive the expansion they were first introduced!
    Actually only the BFA ones (Islands and Warfronts) at least so far. Scenarios evolved and became integrated into a lot of the game, just not queued for. For Islands and Warfronts we will have to see if that tech gets impemented elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Actually only the BFA ones (Islands and Warfronts) at least so far. Scenarios evolved and became integrated into a lot of the game, just not queued for. For Islands and Warfronts we will have to see if that tech gets impemented elsewhere.
    Yeah but I presumed what they meant was the feature actually called 'Scenarios'. And that feature only existed for MoP.

Although, this "Autobattler" idea could be cool if they would spend more resources into it, instead of just a very generic looking UI. Instead of this it could be something like a mini Raid: Shadow Legends (of all the things) where you'd actually see the NPC's do battle in a iconic setting, for example instead of this UI there could be a window which would show a part of a raid in the game just as it looks like if you go there and the NPC's would be fully rendered in 3D instead of just icons jumping around.

It would be way much cooler than just a text based "adventure" you'd just want to skip as quickly as possible. That feedback window on the left side of the UI is so crowded and full of stuff... If it was designed like Raid: Shadow Legends, this combat log could be completely hidden and they could show damage numbers just above the NPC's using icons for damage types etc. Keep it clean!
    Last edited by dragothica; 2020-08-14 at 08:35 PM.

i already hate it

You’ll need to be strategic about how you take on these combat puzzles

or just press the button the addon tells you to that optimizes everything

The only thing I dread more of this unsuccessful feature being used again and again is if they some how decide the Tortollan stuff was clearly a success and the game needs more of it, if they mini game this and then just make it an endless grind with literal childrens games over and over I will... be severely disappointed, I dunno how hyperbolic I want this statement to be. At least that horrible rep grind was more or less optional. But you just know they are going to gate like... using mounts behind this shit or something. You know things like these features are just dudes in the EA boardroom going "How can we waste their time without actually spending real money developing the game. Oh I know... my toddlers love memory, lets make them grind that"
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2020-08-14 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    or just press the button the addon tells you to that optimizes everything
    Kind of like pet battling, gear optimization, or any other feature that addons make redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Although, this "Autobattler" idea could be cool if they would spend more resources into it, instead of just a very generic looking UI. Instead of this it could be something like a mini Raid: Shadow Legends (of all the things) where you'd actually see the NPC's do battle in a iconic setting, for example instead of this UI there could be a window which would show a part of a raid in the game just as it looks like if you go there and the NPC's would be fully rendered in 3D instead of just icons jumping around.

It would be way much cooler than just a text based "adventure" you'd just want to skip as quickly as possible. That feedback window on the left side of the UI is so crowded and full of stuff... If it was designed like Raid: Shadow Legends, this combat log could be completely hidden and they could show damage numbers just above the NPC's using icons for damage types etc. Keep it clean!
    I would love this actually. Would be so much more fun if it was made more in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Even tho it was claimed? They literally said "These are not like the missions you've done in the past" only to showcase just how similar they are to Missions in the exact same stream. They said they wanted these to be more "fun" or some shit like that, even tho you're just going to be as bored doing it as you always are. BUT OH LOOK, THIS TIME YOU CAN SEE IT...
    No, they literally said "it's an extension of the mission system", and that they want to give it a bit more depth so it feels less like a coin flip and more like simulated combat.

Missions shouldn't be in the main game. In an app, sure, why not? Not in the main game though, as there is almost nothing of flavor in them at all.

The actual showcase in both Beta and here just confirms these "worries".
    What worries? That you don't find them entertaining? "Personally I think it's boring" is not a valid reason for something to be removed from the game, and forcing people to do stuff on their phone for things in game instead of doing either is retarded design.

When will they stop wasting time and resources on this pathetic mobile nonsense?

Lol it's auto gay chess.

I hope this isn't required to do.

I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No, they literally said "it's an extension of the mission system", and that they want to give it a bit more depth so it feels less like a coin flip and more like simulated combat.

What worries? That you don't find them entertaining? "Personally I think it's boring" is not a valid reason for something to be removed from the game, and forcing people to do stuff on their phone for things in game instead of doing either is retarded design.
    It's a fundamentally unnecessary system that Blizzard wastes precious resources on instead of other shit. Idc how "different" it looks, it's still a boring fucking facebook game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It lets them put in the bare minimum of design effort; no voice acting, very little art needed, less testing needed to catch all the bugs.

All they need to do to "tell our followers' stories" is a bit of quest text and picking some names for the zones our followers are supposed to have gone to, and the enemies they're supposed to have fought.
    So true, it is a time sink for the players with very little time investment from the developers and while its no fun for most players, the Acti/Blizz finance guys probably love the idea of best return on investment on paper. Just because the WoW developers will be looking for another job soon doesn't mean they should stop doing it though right?...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Yeah thx act-blizz but nah. I play my rpg game to do adventures myself.
    WELL SAID!