Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah yes, the thing no one ever claimed.
    Even tho it was claimed? They literally said "These are not like the missions you've done in the past" only to showcase just how similar they are to Missions in the exact same stream. They said they wanted these to be more "fun" or some shit like that, even tho you're just going to be as bored doing it as you always are. BUT OH LOOK, THIS TIME YOU CAN SEE IT...

Missions shouldn't be in the main game. In an app, sure, why not? Not in the main game though, as there is almost nothing of flavor in them at all.

The actual showcase in both Beta and here just confirms these "worries".

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As usual I am impressed how people on this forum (a forum that over the last year barely had 300 active ppl online and at the moment has 228 ppl online) know what the vast majority wants. But then again..maybe WoW only has 600 players left.

You folks should really sell your information and keen analysis to Blizzard. Everybody would make a fortune from it. You get a lot of money for your knowledge and Blizzard will get millions of new players. Sounds like a win-win to me.
    Hello Det. It’s funny, whilst your point has some validity, you seem to only make barbed comments like this when the poster is disagreeing with Blizzard. Now, below your comment is someone who also suggests that they also know what the vast majority wants although it is agreeing with Blizzard. Perhaps you would like to respond accordingly in the interest of balance.
    Thanks.

Aw hell I knew there would be more of this crap, I hate table missions like the rest of the people here. I just hope they don't gate more story, mission, and all other progress behind this Iphone era timer BS like they did previously. I love that they recognized publicly that garrisons were an issue yet they keep forcing this garrison crap. The worst part of this non-sense is that like... ok cool, I'm playing your actual game, you've added a notification area that I can click on the thing and like... find out that I have a thing ready to collect... now I need to drop playing or enjoying the game to go back to a specific point to turn it in to do the next part to wait for the next timer... BUT if you aren't playing the game you can use some new app that's just a rehash of the old app you can turn in shit conveniently on your cellphone... plot twist... you cant be logged in playing the actual damn game to use it.

I'm pretty sure all the previous iterations of this are largely hated by the community unless they just shower you with gold like they did when they were added to the game (Which they were still hated by most). Even with them adding a new... form of this... you need to ask yourself if this dev time wouldn't have been spent better on the actual game you pay to play and not some time waste punch clock for insignificant rewards. Even if it is slightly different built upon the skeleton of a terrible and annoying system... it still infuriates me to look at because of the last few years of being annoyed by them. Even if this is somehow better, even if it is somehow "fun", I can't help but just cringe thinking about this shit getting in the way of me playing my MMO and not an inconvenient phone game masquerading as content.

It's... pants... on... head.
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2020-08-14 at 03:06 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else that hasn't used mission table since shortly after BFA came out? I don't even do those boring islands either...

pet battles and garrison shit again... i wonder they rly suppose ppl gonna like it?

Sounds fun, is there an addon for it so I dont have to bother?

Absolutely hate that this still in the game, but as long as it's not compulsory, it's whatever. But I imagine it will be which is really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    A "ChampionCommander" like addon will luckily 100% override this into a single button press but it's just a fine example of the excessive systems designed into the game in Shadowlands when the time could have been spend elsewhere. Is it impossible for Blizzard to train some of these systems designers into Class designers, for example?
    This 100%. The time they took to work on this system could've been spent much better on classes, which are still severely lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Seems like a solid game to play in the can other than Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Rewards mounts, pets, anima and gold. So plenty of rewards.
    If this will be as half bad when comes to gold, as it was in BfA. No point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Why are people complaining about this?

It's something to engage people with their mobile app, that's it. It can't be really deep.
    It's MMO-C, being entitled negative children is what we do best!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    I wish they would just sunset these mission tables. Do people actually enjoy these?
    I mean, they haven't been necessary since Legion. Don't like 'em, don't do 'em.

Same thing I said to the people who didn't want pet battles added to the game back in MoP.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I didn't, but I've gotten used to Blizzard implementing content that's not for me.
    Pet battles, Islands, Warfronts, Scenarios, so much effort - wasted.
    And amusingly enough, 3/4 of those didn't even survive the expansion they were first introduced!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This LOOKS interesting, but will end up a complete joke because they obviously can't make this strategically deep or challenging in any way. It'll be solved immediately, possibly even addon-optimized. Just another chore instead of an actual feature.

Which makes you wonder... why do they keep persisting with this extra mission minigame thing that people have consistently failed to enjoy?
    The people who complain on forums tend to be a minority of players. Blizzard I'm sure collects data on what parts of their game users use the most and if they saw people weren't doing the mission table in BFA, they probably would not have made it an autobattler in SL.

Frankly I don't really care about it myself, but like the current mission table, I doubt it's going to be a requirement for progression.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there goes the hope that they'd actually make this interesting. It's still missions just with two extra slots to fill before clicking the start button and waiting for the timer to end, set and forget all over again. Oh but now you have spend resources to heal champions rather than recruit filler troops, Joy. Couldn't have just made this mini battles you can watch play out and complete in real time and then limit them by introducing an XCOM Injury/RPG Mortal Wounds system that takes "Adventurers" out of the selection pool if they lose all their health/"adventure" or fight too many battles in a row and then need to "rest"/cooldown till the daily reset or something like a three day period.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The people who complain on forums tend to be a minority of players. Blizzard I'm sure collects data on what parts of their game users use the most and if they saw people weren't doing the mission table in BFA, they probably would not have made it an autobattler in SL.

Frankly I don't really care about it myself, but like the current mission table, I doubt it's going to be a requirement for progression.
    I mean they very loosely tied the BfA mission table to Island Expeditions and the Mechagon faction progression wise with the Treasure Maps and Island Essence and rare/bulk crafting resources for the isle vendor so it's not too far out of field if this "Adventure Table" could end up having some effect on Covenant progression similar to the Order Halls table.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-08-14 at 04:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those missions better be at least 200% more rewarding than BFA missions. Otherwise there's zero reason to do them.

What's the point wasting time on this garbage if they're even remotely close to the rewards we have in bfa? Waste of development time.

lol... Dug Gravewell.

The feature that's so cheap to make, they just can't give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    Blizzard should hang for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    Lots of angsty teenagers in this thread.
    Luckily, the first line of my post addressed people like you.

All for the MAUs and "engagement".

If Blizzard listened to MMO Champ they would have closed shop long ago. Killed off every IP in a manner that EA could only dream of. And then committed ritualistic suicide, and people would still bitch about there games, okay we get it. You hate everything and want everybody to agree with you. Literally nothing will make the people here happy.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.