Thumbs up Exile's Reach - the best new player experience we've had for years. Maybe ever.

This is just my opinion as a veteran of the game with many alts.

Exile's reach feels fresh, highly detailed (for an ancient game engine), very well-paced in terms of simplistic quest line, introducing all the key concepts to new players the best way one could imagine it being done.

I'm really really impressed. What are your thoughts?

My full video review of the zone is linked below if it's your thing:
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-08-14 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Removed Advertised Video

5+ Year Old Account
    Too busy atm to log in the PTR, but ER looks quite enticing if the vid is any hint
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

shame you had to ruin the thread with a plug of your youtube channel.

Nice to hear people are enjoying some of the new content though.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I really like how old school Exile's Reach seems to be in terms of scope and scale.

Like, there's just a big dragon you have to kick the shit out of.

How fantastic is that, more of that, and less DEATH REALMS WHERE ALL SOULS GO TO BLA BLA BLA
    One might argue it's telling of the power scale of our characters now that's the starting zone.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    One might argue it's telling of the power scale of our characters now that's the starting zone.
    Playing mostly Classic atm... you have to go through almost 40 levels before you can tackle a couple of dragon whelplings in Badlands without getting toasted
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    I likes it a lot but i think the mobs hp needs to be increased. I did it with no looms and it was too easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Advertising is not permitted on these forums. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead