Poll: If you could only move to one of these states?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maine by a pretty good margin. Peaceful, quiet, decent weather, not jammed pack with people, etc. Can't really think of anything negative to say about it.

I'd be a fan of living in Alaska if I weren't disabled; I just feel like its too rural/remote for the kinds of problems I have. If I were able bodied, though, it would likely be up there with Maine.

I wouldn't be keen on living in the South, not a fan of the climate down there, so Texas and Florida are out. Especially Florida with the humidity.

And I definitely wouldn't want to live in California or New York, for political reasons. Plus just too many people... I get there are plenty of rural options in those states, but even if I lived as rural and as far from the cities as possible, the cities would still dominate the state and I'd be forced to live according to fringe leftists whims, so no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's not really tho. Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the capital is about half a million locals plus probably about 100k or more tourists at any given time.
    Man, I don't rock with less than 5m.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I hear Northern New York state is actually pretty nice.
    Yeah no.

Upstate NY is a fucking shit hole. Everything north of Westchester is a shit hole.

Yeah the landscapes can be nice especially the Hudson Valley and the Adirondacks, but pretty much every city and town falls into the Rust Belt, and none of them really picked themselves up.

Syracuse is sorta kept afloat by the university, Rochester by the Falls and Albany by all the government money, but they are literally just all coasting on the edge.

The winters fucking suck ass, cuz the lake effect the winters are cold and wet (you can't really understand what it is until you experienced it with a Polar Vortex and all).

Half of the smaller towns that aren't Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, Buffalo or Utica lost like 50% of their populations since the early 80s and feel like Detroit and even the big ones were pretty hard hit.

New Yorkers from central New York come upstate in Spring/Summer/Autumn on holidays and think "Oh Green! So it must be nice" never actually experience living there.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-08-16 at 02:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd stay put in good ole Texas. All my friends and family are here, and the weather's good if you don't mind a little heat.

10+ Year Old Account
    New York, I think. And then promptly move to Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Hard choice.

I love California for it's beauty, but the people...ugh...

Texas seems fun, and NYC has often been pushed as a cultural hub.

Florida has amazing weather and beaches. Maine and Alaska have great wild beauty.

I guess I'd take any of them for living in other than CA. In fact, I'm planning on moving from WA after this virus issue passes, probably first half of next year. If I stay in the US I'm looking at Florida. House prices are amazing there.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Hard choice.

I love California for it's beauty, but the people...ugh...

Texas seems fun, and NYC has often been pushed as a cultural hub.

Florida has amazing weather and beaches. Maine and Alaska have great wild beauty.

I guess I'd take any of them for living in other than CA. In fact, I'm planning on moving from WA after this virus issue passes, probably first half of next year. If I stay in the US I'm looking at Florida. House prices are amazing there.
    Florida is great if you like hot, humid weather and lots of bugs. But it does have low taxes. Do not blame you for leaving Washington. There is going to be a lot more people leaving that state and other places with the same issues.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

California has everything you need, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Florida is great if you like hot, humid weather and lots of bugs. But it does have low taxes. Do not blame you for leaving Washington. There is going to be a lot more people leaving that state and other places with the same issues.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of bugs and humidity, but if I stay stateside I just want to live somewhere with nice weather for a bit. And I'd prefer a low tax state. I tried SoCal for a bit, but ended up moving within a year. I see now why so many people are leaving CA, I just wish they'd learn their lesson and not just turn everywhere they move into the same cesspit by voting for the exact same sorts of politicians and policies that made them flee CA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lived in Maine 20 years.

Mountains, coastlines, temperate weather, skiing in the winters, meth heads everywhere north of Lewiston-Auburn (and including)

What's not to love?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Anything in the deep south is a no-go for me. Not due to politics, though that isn't exactly a selling point for them, but due to the hot weather and humidity. Fuck all that noise.

Up north we get like a week's worth of days above 90, at worst. That's more than enough, thanks.
    Putin khuliyo