Page 1 of 2
LastLast

will shadowlands be fun?

simple question. what are your thoughts.

Fun is subjective But I imagine I'll Enjoy it for at least a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandia View Post
    simple question. what are your thoughts.
    Fun is completely subjective.

End of thread.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

well give your subjective answer. thread re-opened.

It will be very fun for some. It will be very not fun for others.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Will be fun for the first 2 months, than people will get bored because of the crappy systems over systems and unsub until a promised change in 9.1 or 9.2.

of course, this is my opinion.

There will also be nonstop "Shadowlands is the worst expansion because of X" flooding MMO-C forums just like every expansion. While "Shadowlands is the best expansion because of X Y Z", getting 5 replies, will be pushed to the bottom of the bin because the world is ran on cynicism today.

But to answer the OPs question, I love the covenants because I'm more invested in the aesthetic than min/maxing, so I'll be having fun learning what it means to be a Necrolord.

With good people around you, the game can always be fun.

The systems might be a bit tedious, but we'll see. If the latter outweighs the former again, then yeah, I won't play SL throughout.

3+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope so! I can already see the threads about it being boring or Torghast being to hard lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

After testing the classes on the pre-patch PTR, I don't think so. The class design (and in general, the diablo-fied design and system bloat) of the previous two expansions have made me dislike modern wow and Shadowlands doesn't seem to be improving much. Won't be purchasing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's look at what is on offer:
    Leveling will be the same as usual.
    World Quests are returning.
    Covenant progress is gated weekly and covenant quests are replacing the daily faction quests.
    There will be rares to kill, toys, pets and transmog to collect, dungeons to do and raids, Mythic+ and world bosses after a couple of weeks.
    There is Torghast.
    There is legendary crafting.
    Professions are still there.
    The maw might have stuff to do.
    There's a covenant quest line similar to the War Campaign and Class Hall quest lines.
    And there is an Adventure table instead of a Mission Table.
    Also fun is subjective so you'll have to decide if you like any of the above yourself and whether you would enjoy how it's handled this expansion.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Unlikely. GCD 1.5, refusal to listen to feedback as usual and so on. Blizzard is gone. All there is to do these days is to reminisce about the old days and admire scantily clad drawings of night elves while doing biceps curls.

Playing an MMO for " fun or challenging amazing gameplay " is ludicrous . Wow is fun when you can enjoy things to do with other people . Wow can be very challenging but so can tons of other single player games . If you are not playing wow for a shared experience doing activities with friends and guildes you will never enjoy this game no matter what they implement .

I'm sure that the game will be fun for the first month or 2. After that its going to see huge declines in activity and its up to whatever the major patches puts out to keep the game fun. Hope to see more patches like 8.2 which was the only good major patch from BFA.

my biggest gripe is the restrictions on covenants. that and mount restrictions. other than that it looks fun.

The last patch is always the most fun asthen you really feel like you have a ”complete” game.

So shadowlands will be fun but not for a year or two

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Unlikely. GCD 1.5, refusal to listen to feedback as usual and so on. Blizzard is gone. All there is to do these days is to reminisce about the old days and admire scantily clad drawings of night elves while doing biceps curls.
    I kinda agree.
    FeelsBadMan

this question can be personally self answered for everyone who wants to know if they will enjoy shadowlands.

do you enjoy wow at overall at the moment ? because it will be pretty much the same in shadowlands, and the pack after that. it may change in some stuff, but the basic is there.

the only thing that can change is the story, which I personally have no more remaining benefit of the doubt to give to.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be fun for us, it won't be fun for you, don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How about YOU give your opinion on this?
    i dont know.. i have not played the beta.