Poll: Which covenant will you pick?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Your covenant of choice?

For me, Night Fae. Not only does it fit the theme of a Druid, the active ability seems hilarious and great for Balance!

Venthyr, because Blizzard didn't give me a choice (I'm raiding in a CE guild fighting for server firsts). Both abilities are superior to any other covenant and it's not even close. Souldbinds are also great.

Too bad because I like the theme of Night Fae, would make for nice transmog. Oh well, maybe on alt.

Night Fae tentatively because while I care about performance, I don't doubt for a second that there'll be nerfs and buffs to the abilities. Launch may be rough, but I don't think it'll take long before they're brought down to a relatively equal level.

Relatively equal meaning "all abilities have some useful areas, even if one (Venthyr currently) is technically superior in more than not".

Night fae for me and i am lucky the stuff i get from them are bis or second place so here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Venthyr, because Blizzard didn't give me a choice (I'm raiding in a CE guild fighting for server firsts). Both abilities are superior to any other covenant and it's not even close. Souldbinds are also great.

Too bad because I like the theme of Night Fae, would make for nice transmog. Oh well, maybe on alt.
    What spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    What spec?
    Balance. Although with what current iteration looks like, it might be possible I'll just reroll another class. I know low stats are a thing at the begining of each expansion, but the spec itself is uninteresting so far.

Balance. Although with what current iteration looks like, it might be possible I'll just reroll another class. I know low stats are a thing at the begining of each expansion, but the spec itself is uninteresting so far.
    I'm having a hard time thinking Venthyr will really work well in a raiding scenario. Sure on a patchwerk it sim the highest but there isn't really patchwerks anymore.

It will annoy healers and possibly kill you in mythic + too.

So since everything isn't balanced yet I wouldn't recommend that ability.

I want to go night fae but knowing venthyr have really good covenant abilities I'm on the fence. Hopefully if 1 covenant is dominant they will buff the others rather than needing venthyr. I like when they did that with Diablo 3 sets.

I'm having more of a hard time deciding what class to main much less a covenant!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian.
    Venthyr, because Blizzard didn't give me a choice
    You fell for the meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I'm having a hard time thinking Venthyr will really work well in a raiding scenario. Sure on a patchwerk it sim the highest but there isn't really patchwerks anymore.

It will annoy healers and possibly kill you in mythic + too.

So since everything isn't balanced yet I wouldn't recommend that ability.
    All you need to do is constantly cast spells. Even sunfire spam or regrowth counts. And you are supposed to plan your CDs anyway according to how the fight is done, so I don't really see an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You fell for the meme.
    Do you have beta and did you try each covenant during raid testing / m+? Because I did and Venthyr comes out on top, not even accounting for Thrill Seeker from soulbinds.

Night Fae.

As a Night Elf RPer, there's no real other choice lol

+ the other covenants seem uggo and I don't care about the abilities THAT much, though if Balance turns out to be shit, I might have to go Feral and the convoke the spirits thing seems very clunky for ferals to use?

any feral let me know how it feels haha xo

Did not expect the results.
    No matter what, not fae and super low chance on kyrian.
    I'll take necrolord and I'll be leveling my lock for that. And I'll also level my dh and for the sake of not being redundat and perhaps a better fit .. the vampire guys.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr comes out on top
    Ohhh yes, the totally solid values from the Beta.

Good luck with that, mr. pro.

Ohhh yes, the totally solid values from the Beta.

Good luck with that, mr. pro.
    You seem salty. Why?

The fact of the matter is that, for now, all we can do is base our opinions on current values. What's the point in talking about values that might or might not happen? All we know is that Blizzard won't manage to balance all four covenants the same because they failed to do easier things for years.

Anyway, I don't think public forums is a thing for you. Better find some echo chamber, will be easier on your random streaks of keyboard-aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm having more of a hard time deciding what class to main much less a covenant!
    This.
    Race/Class/Spec/Gameplay + Covenant Generic/Class abilities + Souldbinds + Mogs. They say choice is good, but when every choice is a bundle (i.e. Race/Class restrictions. Covenants choice including Aesthetic and Gameplay effects) every option feels more like a compromise than a meaningful choice /shrug.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    all we can do is base our opinions on current values.
    People in the race are waiting until we have actual values instead of the unfiltered madness of beta, since Blizzard balances with big swings.

People in the race are waiting until we have actual values instead of the unfiltered madness of beta, since Blizzard balances with big swings.
    Okay? But the thread was created now, so I'm asking you again - should we give our responses based on what's currently on beta, or should we theorize with unknown numbers and changes in mind, which would make the discussion meaningless?

OP created the thread before balancing on beta is done, so I give him an answer based on what the balance on beta look like for now. Obviously neither mine nor anyone's decisions are set in stone yet, but do I really have to add an "for now" or "subject to change" or "this is my opinion, but it's still beta so it can be something else in the future" at the end of every sentence despite it being obvious? At least it would spare me barking from certain type of posters I guess.

Kyrian if I stay Monk healer! Else, I have no idea.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw this was the druid forum, also it seems we are not allowed to make choices based on Beta values.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2020-08-15 at 11:08 AM.

I'd be careful with Kyrian. Kindred Spirits is kinda nice right until you're not in a group anymore.

You can cast Lone Spirit on yourself to get a 10 second 15% output buff, but that thing robs you of a gcd. So you spend the first 1,5 seconds of the buff doing nothing. I found it barely worth clicking and would often sorely miss Convoke the Spirits.

Then there is Torghast. You can pick up powers that buff your covenant abilities. But if you happen to be solo, the buffs don't work. That's because you have Lone Spirit, not Kindred Spirits. I hope this is just a bug and they'll fix it.

In short: If you enjoy doing stuff solo, you may want to avoid Kyrian.